Ch4 will show F1 highlights in 2019
2018-09-12 11:31:31 UTC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45494135

Probably the day after, as Ch5 do with MotoGP.
D Munz
2018-09-12 12:23:12 UTC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45494135
Probably the day after, as Ch5 do with MotoGP.
Curious if this will simply be the highlights package available from F1TV or if they will do their own thing.

2018-09-12 16:03:17 UTC
Post by D Munz
Post by M2T
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45494135
Probably the day after, as Ch5 do with MotoGP.
Curious if this will simply be the highlights package available from F1TV or if they will do their own thing.
Or a Sky produced highlights programme. Surely it'll have to be more than
a generic F1TV package?

Day after would be a disaster! How can I cope with trying to avoid all
news broadcasts to avoid the result until Monday evening!!

I'd think F1 highlights would be more well placed by Ch4 than MotoGP in
terms of TV audience, but you never know.

Key question is - will we be finally losing "The Chain"??
M2T
2018-09-12 16:32:43 UTC
Key question is - will we be finally losing "The Chain"??
Quick - grab a copy

https://archive.org/details/F1Music-TheChain
Brian W Lawrence
2018-09-12 17:20:21 UTC
Post by D Munz
Post by M2T
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45494135
Probably the day after, as Ch5 do with MotoGP.
Curious if this will simply be the highlights package available from F1TV or if they will do their own thing.
Or a Sky produced highlights programme. Surely it'll have to be more than
a generic F1TV package?
It says they will not be using Sky's presenters, but not who the
presenters will be.
larkim
2018-09-13 06:11:38 UTC
They could use a CH4 presentation team, but perhaps use the Sky commentary? Doesn’t seem particularly sensible use of money to employ a second commentary team if they can avoid it, but maybe that isn’t feasible under the contract.

TBH I don’t really care about the people, it’s the timing that matters to me.

If this is one programme on a Monday evening which wraps up practice, quali and the race then that would be the end of regular F1 watching for me sadly.

Let’s hope they stick with a Saturday quali recap and a Sunday delayed highlights package at the very least.
b***@topmail.co.nz
2018-09-13 08:55:52 UTC
Or a Sky produced highlights programme. Surely it'll have to be more than
a generic F1TV package?
The Sky highlights is pitiful crap. The last race they started with the
formation lap! What a waste. Was the race so uneventful, they had to pad
it out?
larkim
2018-09-13 16:15:43 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by larkim
Or a Sky produced highlights programme. Surely it'll have to be more than
a generic F1TV package?
The Sky highlights is pitiful crap. The last race they started with the
formation lap! What a waste. Was the race so uneventful, they had to pad
it out?
I've just had a facepalm moment recalling that Ch4 *CURRENTLY* do F1!

So no reason why they can't do highlights as well as they currently do
them, surely?
M2T
2018-09-13 17:21:45 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by larkim
Or a Sky produced highlights programme. Surely it'll have to be more than
a generic F1TV package?
The Sky highlights is pitiful crap. The last race they started with the
formation lap! What a waste. Was the race so uneventful, they had to pad
it out?
I've just had a facepalm moment recalling that Ch4 *CURRENTLY* do F1!
So no reason why they can't do highlights as well as they currently do
them, surely?
It wouldn't be good business to allow the 'new' high lights to be too
good. It would stop people joining Sky.

M2T
2018-09-12 14:18:19 UTC
More info