Yuki Tsunoda has the same number of Q3 appearances (6) as Sergio Perez in 2024
~misfit~
2024-05-26 03:11:01 UTC
Says it all really doesn't it? Maybe he won't quite finish 3rd this weekend (as I picked in the
pool) but he's been quietly dragging that car up the finishing order further than it has any right
to finish. Ask Daniel...

It saddens me when, every session this season, the camera goes to Lawson in the garage watching a
monitor intently. He should be in a car before he loses the fire in his belly. I think he'd do
better than Daniel (and be a lot cheaper). That said sponsors do like Daniel.

If he doesn't get a full time drive next year Lawson should IMO get out of there and try a
different formula. Indy or Formula E or something. Motivation (and ability) wanes with age and he's
aging in that garage.
--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

Geoff May
2024-05-26 07:08:57 UTC
[snipped]
It saddens me when, every session this season, the camera goes to Lawson
in the garage watching a monitor intently. He should be in a car before
he loses the fire in his belly. I think he'd do better than Daniel (and
be a lot cheaper). That said sponsors do like Daniel.
[snipped]
It doesn't sadden me when they pan away from the action on the track and
show people intently watching the action on the track so we can see the
reaction of the people watching the action on the track while we are not
watching the action on the track.

It pisses me off when they do that.

Cheers

Geoff.
Sir Tim
Sir Tim
JohnM
2024-05-27 08:20:47 UTC
Post by Geoff May
[snipped]
It saddens me when, every session this season, the camera goes to Lawson
in the garage watching a monitor intently. He should be in a car before
he loses the fire in his belly. I think he'd do better than Daniel (and
be a lot cheaper). That said sponsors do like Daniel.
[snipped]
It doesn't sadden me when they pan away from the action on the track and
show people intently watching the action on the track so we can see the
reaction of the people watching the action on the track while we are not
watching the action on the track.
It pisses me off when they do that.
+1
It’s for much the same reason that I’ve stopped watching the ‘grid
walk’, as it’s now much more about ‘celebrities’ than anything technical
with the cars. I usually join the programme for the national anthems,
largely to see just how badly each country presents it.
JohnM
Dave Garrett
2024-06-03 20:25:44 UTC
Post by Geoff May
[snipped]
[...]
Agreed. The F1 coverage we get Stateside is normally truncated to omit
most of the pre-race buildup, including the grid walk. But for Monaco,
they showed all of it. Not having seen a grid walk in some time, I found
the pandering to "celebrities" vaguely embarrassing and of minimal
interest. Contrast this with the grid walk in MotoGP, where the
commentators usually wind up talking to riders, team managers, and
technical directors.
Dave
Phil Carmody
2024-05-26 19:14:55 UTC
Post by Geoff May
[snipped]
It saddens me when, every session this season, the camera goes to
Lawson in the garage watching a monitor intently. He should be in a
car before he loses the fire in his belly. I think he'd do better
than Daniel (and be a lot cheaper). That said sponsors do like
Daniel.
[snipped]
It doesn't sadden me when they pan away from the action on the track
and show people intently watching the action on the track so we can
see the reaction of the people watching the action on the track while
we are not watching the action on the track.
It pisses me off when they do that.
Fortunately, this was Monaco, and there's no action on the track.
Unless "slow down" is considered "action".

The pinacle of useless sport.

Phil
--
We are no longer hunters and nomads. No longer awed and frightened, as we have
gained some understanding of the world in which we live. As such, we can cast
-- NotSanguine on SoylentNews, after Eugen Weber in /The Western Tradition/
~misfit~
2024-05-27 09:18:25 UTC
Post by Phil Carmody
Post by Geoff May
[snipped]
It saddens me when, every session this season, the camera goes to
Lawson in the garage watching a monitor intently. He should be in a
car before he loses the fire in his belly. I think he'd do better
than Daniel (and be a lot cheaper). That said sponsors do like
Daniel.
[snipped]
It doesn't sadden me when they pan away from the action on the track
and show people intently watching the action on the track so we can
see the reaction of the people watching the action on the track while
we are not watching the action on the track.
It pisses me off when they do that.
Fortunately, this was Monaco, and there's no action on the track.
Unless "slow down" is considered "action".
The pinacle of useless sport.
Agreed. I watched four motorsport events this weekend and Monaco was the least exciting.
--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

Geoff
2024-05-27 00:52:32 UTC
Post by Geoff May
[snipped]
It saddens me when, every session this season, the camera goes to
Lawson in the garage watching a monitor intently. He should be in a
car before he loses the fire in his belly. I think he'd do better than
Daniel (and be a lot cheaper). That said sponsors do like Daniel.
[snipped]
It doesn't sadden me when they pan away from the action on the track and
show people intently watching the action on the track so we can see the
reaction of the people watching the action on the track while we are not
watching the action on the track.
It pisses me off when they do that.
Cheers
Geoff.
Not to mention girlfriends, actors, 'musicians', and .... politicians.

geoff