Suzuka DOTD
Phil Carmody
2024-04-07 10:42:16 UTC
No wrong answers this week, IMHO. Apart from Ricciardo.

My top pick would be Leclerc, because he made the hard strategy work
better than other teams' easier strategy.

Super happy for Tsunoda getting points at his home race. It's so good
for the fans too - I love the Japanese crowd, they always throw
themselves fully into the event.

But you can't say anything negative about Sainz, and if there are people
who pick Bottas I'll not contradict them. Boring Verstappen chosers,
you're in the clear too, how can you fault a flawless race.

Special mention to Russell's eventual overtake!

"Not an overtaking circuit" - said what idiot!??!?

Phil
--
We are no longer hunters and nomads. No longer awed and frightened, as we have
gained some understanding of the world in which we live. As such, we can cast
-- NotSanguine on SoylentNews, after Eugen Weber in /The Western Tradition/
a425couple
2024-04-08 03:00:07 UTC
Post by Phil Carmody
No wrong answers this week, IMHO. Apart from Ricciardo.
My top pick would be Leclerc, because he made the hard strategy work
better than other teams' easier strategy.
-----
I will skip most of my ideas because most would not find them humorous.

Some days go like that & this,,, for first time ever for this F1 pool,
I go an 'unusual' theory, and pick Leclerc for the win.
And so, here he does win the DOTD, but does not finish 1, nor 2, nor 3.
Yeah, whatever.
Sir Tim
2024-04-08 06:08:37 UTC
Post by Phil Carmody
"Not an overtaking circuit" - said what idiot!??!?
Obviously Tsunoda wasn’t listening 😊
Sir Tim
Alan
2024-04-08 13:03:52 UTC
Post by Sir Tim
Post by Phil Carmody
"Not an overtaking circuit" - said what idiot!??!?
Obviously Tsunoda wasn’t listening 😊
Give two cars sufficient difference in grip and any circuit wide enough
for two cars to drive side-by-side becomes an overtaking circuit.

The Suzuka esses just offer a particularly great opportunity to display
that.