Pity...
2018-09-30 22:13:14 UTC
.... that we never got to see if HAM could have passed BOT in a racing
sort of way. Could have been a great fight. Or a catastrophe.

Makes it all a bit hollow.

2018-09-30 22:24:26 UTC
.... that we never got to see if HAM could have passed BOT in a racing
sort of way. Could have been a great fight. Or a catastrophe.
Makes it all a bit hollow.
geoff
lol
t***@gmail.com
2018-10-01 01:07:20 UTC
More doom and gloom in NZ.
Bigbird
2018-10-01 15:09:57 UTC
.... that we never got to see if HAM could have passed BOT in a
racing sort of way. Could have been a great fight. Or a catastrophe.
Makes it all a bit hollow.
What made it hollow and a bit farcical was Lewis not giving back the
place once the 1-2 was secured.

I understand why they did it and everyone was very sincere about it
after the fact but doing it in such a way that it leaves a bad taste in
everyone's mouth is not good for the sport. If you have these
arrangements they need to be very upfront about it and be able to
celebrate the team doing exactly what it aimed to do.

(Overall the race yet again demonstrated the problems with aero
regulations that encourage such complex and expensive wings that work
very well in clean air but suffer terribly in turbulence.)

The Mercedes couldn't get close to the Red Bull. I doubt they could get
any closer to each other.
Martin Harran
2018-10-01 18:10:56 UTC
.... that we never got to see if HAM could have passed BOT in a racing
sort of way. Could have been a great fight. Or a catastrophe.
Makes it all a bit hollow.
There seems to be a general assumption that Hamilton would not have
passed Bottas anyway ... I have a feeling he would have but
unnecessary high risk for the team!