France DotD?
2019-06-23 20:43:06 UTC
Sainz maybe?
t***@gmail.com
2019-06-23 20:47:46 UTC
Post by John
Sainz maybe?
Grow some balls.
Make a choice.
Heron
2019-06-23 20:53:21 UTC
Post by John
Sainz maybe?
Lewis Hamilton: earned and started on pole, led
every lap, won the race, couldn't have done better.
a425couple
2019-06-23 22:31:28 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by John
Sainz maybe?
Lewis Hamilton: earned and started on pole, led
every lap, won the race, couldn't have done better.
Sure. Why not. It was heavily predicted.
As exciting as watching blue and red paint stripes dry.

Was the entertainment experience as good as
Indycar did at Road America, or NASCAR did at Sonoma?
Heron
2019-06-23 23:33:48 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by John
Sainz maybe?
Lewis Hamilton: earned and started on pole, led
every lap, won the race, couldn't have done better.
Sure.  Why not. It was heavily predicted.
As exciting as watching blue and red paint stripes dry.
Was the entertainment experience as good as
Indycar did at Road America, or NASCAR did at Sonoma?
Don’t blame drivers for boring races - Hamilton
https://racer.com/2019/06/23/dont-blame-drivers-for-boring-races-hamilton
a425couple
2019-06-23 23:50:12 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Heron
Post by John
Sainz maybe?
Lewis Hamilton: earned and started on pole, led
every lap, won the race, couldn't have done better.
Sure.  Why not. It was heavily predicted.
As exciting as watching blue and red paint stripes dry.
Was the entertainment experience as good as
Indycar did at Road America, or NASCAR did at Sonoma?
Don’t blame drivers for boring races - Hamilton
https://racer.com/2019/06/23/dont-blame-drivers-for-boring-races-hamilton
I am certainly not blaming Hamilton for today's
race being rather boring.
I would not expect him to flub his start, and then
have to pass 19 cars to get a victory.
That would be so 1980s F1!
~misfit~
2019-06-24 02:08:19 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by Heron
Post by Heron
Post by John
Sainz maybe?
Lewis Hamilton: earned and started on pole, led
every lap, won the race, couldn't have done better.
Sure.  Why not. It was heavily predicted.
As exciting as watching blue and red paint stripes dry.
Was the entertainment experience as good as
Indycar did at Road America, or NASCAR did at Sonoma?
Don’t blame drivers for boring races - Hamilton
https://racer.com/2019/06/23/dont-blame-drivers-for-boring-races-hamilton
I am certainly not blaming Hamilton for today's
race being rather boring.
I would not expect him to flub his start, and then
have to pass 19 cars to get a victory.
That would be so 1980s F1!
Honestly crossposting to the NASCAR group and bitching about current F1 makes me wonder why you
bother watching F1 in 2019? Maybe it's time to re-live your golden years and only watch old F1
races and US bumpercars?

2019-06-24 03:59:56 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by Heron
Post by Heron
Post by John
[...]
Imagine that...

...you're dissing someone that actually races.

What's your track experience, Shaun?

:-)
t***@gmail.com
2019-06-24 18:13:14 UTC
Fuck off pirater, moaner, cry baby, complainer, bitch fest fuck.
t***@gmail.com
2019-06-25 02:09:29 UTC
Honestly crossposting to the NASCAR group and bitching about current F1 makes me wonder why you
bother watching F1 in 2019? Maybe it's time to re-live your golden years and only watch old F1
races and US bumpercars?
You giving advice? lol why?
So he can end up in the same fucking rut you are in?
~misfit~
2019-06-24 02:01:11 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by John
Sainz maybe?
Lewis Hamilton: earned and started on pole, led
every lap, won the race, couldn't have done better.
Sure.  Why not. It was heavily predicted.
As exciting as watching blue and red paint stripes dry.
Was the entertainment experience as good as
Indycar did at Road America, or NASCAR did at Sonoma?
That's like asking if "Shetland" is exciting as "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." It all depends on
your attention span and if you're in it for the long-haul or just want a 'thrill' a minute.

2019-06-25 02:52:47 UTC
S.H.I.E.L.D.
your dad should have worn a fucking shield
~misfit~
2019-06-24 02:04:35 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by John
Sainz maybe?
Lewis Hamilton: earned and started on pole, led
every lap, won the race, couldn't have done better.
Sure.  Why not. It was heavily predicted.
As exciting as watching blue and red paint stripes dry.
Was the entertainment experience as good as
Indycar did at Road America, or NASCAR did at Sonoma?
Fuck! Didn't notice that this is a crossposted reply to an exclusive rasf1 post when I first replied.

If I wanted to post to USAian racing groups I would. Please, if you want to crosspost don't hijack
someone else's thread to do it in.

Pete Zahria
2019-06-28 01:17:50 UTC
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton: earned and started on pole, led
every lap, won the race, couldn't have done better.
He's won half the races in the last 5 years.....
Imagine if Kyle Busch did that?

--
Dan

"Why are there flotation devices in the seats of planes
instead of parachutes? "
Alan Baker
2019-06-28 01:22:31 UTC
Post by Pete Zahria
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton: earned and started on pole, led
every lap, won the race, couldn't have done better.
He's won half the races in the last 5 years.....
Imagine if Kyle Busch did that?
There's a level of parity in NASCAR that NASCAR CREATES...

...whereas Hamilton has been in the one of the best cars every single
race of his F1 career.

Bigbird
2019-06-24 10:18:29 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by John
Sainz maybe?
Lewis Hamilton: earned and started on pole, led
every lap, won the race, couldn't have done better.
Wouldn't getting fastest lap have been "better"?
--
Trump fact check:
The grand total as of Sunday: 4,913 false claims
That’s the 75th-worst week of his presidency out of 116 weeks so far.
Heron
2019-06-24 14:22:03 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by John
Sainz maybe?
Lewis Hamilton: earned and started on pole, led
every lap, won the race, couldn't have done better.
Wouldn't getting fastest lap have been "better"?
"Team principal Toto Wolff said the team didn’t want
Hamilton to risk crashing or damaging his tyres with
an attempt to set the fastest lap."
https://www.racefans.net/2019/06/24/i-could-have-gone-a-second-quicker-hamilton-ignored-call-to-stop-fastest-lap-bid/

With almost two thirds of the season remaining, he's
36 points ahead of his second place teammate and 76
points ahead of his third place Ferrari rival. He
was hardly in need of the extra point in any case.
larkim
2019-06-24 14:26:20 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Bigbird
Post by Heron
Post by John
Sainz maybe?
Lewis Hamilton: earned and started on pole, led
every lap, won the race, couldn't have done better.
Wouldn't getting fastest lap have been "better"?
"Team principal Toto Wolff said the team didn’t want
Hamilton to risk crashing or damaging his tyres with
an attempt to set the fastest lap."
https://www.racefans.net/2019/06/24/i-could-have-gone-a-second-quicker-hamilton-ignored-call-to-stop-fastest-lap-bid/
With almost two thirds of the season remaining, he's
36 points ahead of his second place teammate and 76
points ahead of his third place Ferrari rival. He
was hardly in need of the extra point in any case.
I don't think you win World Championships by viewing points as "hardly
needed".

Balancing risk / reward is the right thing for a competitor to do, but
not bothering because you don't really need it I don't think fits with the
mindset of a champion.
Bigbird
2019-06-24 15:03:34 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Bigbird
Post by Heron
Post by John
Sainz maybe?
Lewis Hamilton: earned and started on pole, led
every lap, won the race, couldn't have done better.
Wouldn't getting fastest lap have been "better"?
"Team principal Toto Wolff said the team didn’t want
Hamilton to risk crashing or damaging his tyres with
an attempt to set the fastest lap."
https://www.racefans.net/2019/06/24/i-could-have-gone-a-second-quicker-hamilton-ignored-call-to-stop-fastest-lap-bid/
All rather irrelevant to both your point about doing better and the
fact he actually did go for it but failed... (or rather held it until
Vettel crossed the line) so he could also have done better by not
ignoring his team maybe. :)

You should watch closer.
t***@gmail.com
2019-06-25 04:26:39 UTC
You should watch closer.
That's how you talk in britain?
a425couple
2019-06-23 23:42:58 UTC
Post by John
Sainz maybe?
Ahhh OK,,, Sainz did a fine job.

The argument FOR him being the Driver of the Day
for for 6-23-19 / French GP is based on the fact:

That results for the 2019 season, show that
there were 6 cars better than Sainz's McLaren
on the grid, and Sainz only allowed 5 of them
to beat him. ! ?

It seems a bit Underwhelming an accomplishment to me.
Can you write a better nomination letter for Sainz,
than the above?
I will read it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Formula_One_World_Championship

As of after the French GP, McLaren is 4th in the WCC,
with 40 points. Far behind Mercedes, Ferrari & Red Bull.
But noticably far ahead of Renault 32 points, Racing Point,
Alfa, Toro Rosso, and really helpless & hapless Williams.
John
The race was so dull at the front, and the also rans so far behind, that no one stood out. Maybe the answer is "no one".
News
The guy driving the shave-ice truck. Mobbed in the heat.
a425couple
2019-06-25 19:50:47 UTC
Post by John
Post by a425couple
It seems a bit Underwhelming an accomplishment to me.
Can you write a better nomination letter for Sainz,
than the above?
I will read it.
The race was so dull at the front, and the also rans so far behind, that no one stood out. Maybe the answer is "no one".
Perhaps. But 'misfit' would surely disagree with that.

If we were to agree that the definition of
"Driver of the Day" should be, the driver who does
the best job with the equipment that he has
( ? agree,, or not?)

Then I would suggest that Kimi Raikkonen should win DotD.

Now, probably almost all of us understand that he is
a top-notch driver, has been for a long time,
and proved by the fact he is an ex-WDC.

But in this race he it could be argued there were
eleven cars better than his on the grid,
(2 each Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren,
Renault, & Racing Point. Well, at least 9!)
And Raikkonen beat his teammate, and finished 7th.
He scored better than his weight class would predict!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Formula_One_World_Championship
News
Again, the guy driving the shave-ice truck. Serving the hot masses.
Bigbird
2019-06-25 20:18:14 UTC
Again, the guy driving the shave-ice truck. Serving the hot masses.
Is this one of those jokes that you think gets funnier with repetition?
Good luck with that but the same premise hasn't been working well for
Baker.
News
Done and dusted, dullard. Do what you do best -- and go fuck yourself.
~misfit~
2019-06-26 02:08:25 UTC
Again, the guy driving the shave-ice truck. Serving the hot masses.
Is this one of those jokes that you think gets funnier with repetition?
Good luck with that but the same premise hasn't been working well for
Baker.
Done and dusted, dullard. Do what you do best -- and go fuck yourself.
I find it disturbing that you seem to know how well he 'fucks himself'...

2019-06-26 14:18:27 UTC
I find it disturbing that you seem to know how well he 'fucks himself'...
Didn't think your existence could get worse.
t***@gmail.com
2019-06-26 14:31:26 UTC
I find it disturbing that you seem to know how well he 'fucks himself'...
I didn't think your existence could get worse.
News
You missed it? He's been doing it publicly, on this board for a decade.
~misfit~
2019-06-27 01:53:44 UTC
Again, the guy driving the shave-ice truck. Serving the hot masses.
Is this one of those jokes that you think gets funnier with repetition?
Good luck with that but the same premise hasn't been working well for
Baker.
Done and dusted, dullard. Do what you do best -- and go fuck yourself.
I find it disturbing that you seem to know how well he 'fucks himself'...
You missed it? He's been doing it publicly, on this board for a decade.
I thought that was you. Only posting one-line responses (unless you're cribbing someone elses
work). No insight of your own shown at all, just quotes and criticism.

2019-06-27 02:27:14 UTC
I thought that was you.
Why? Bugs in the 11 yr old laptop?
t***@gmail.com
2019-06-27 02:32:43 UTC
No insight of your own shown at all, just quotes and criticism.
Criticism? Take a look in the mirror.
You negative asshole. Doom and fucking gloom.
Fucking hypocrite.
Bigbird
2019-06-26 04:59:14 UTC
Again, the guy driving the shave-ice truck. Serving the hot masses.
Is this one of those jokes that you think gets funnier with
repetition? Good luck with that but the same premise hasn't been
working well for Baker.
Done and dusted, dullard.
Sub-conscious self-awareness? Better than none at all. :)
Darryl Johnson
2019-06-25 20:08:25 UTC
Post by John
Post by a425couple
[...]
Based on your "best job with the equipment he has", I still like Lando
Norris for DotD. Given that the car was getting increasingly difficult
to drive -- perhaps one could even say "falling apart around him" -- I
think he did a sterling job of maintaining pace right up to the bitter
end.

Just driving with failing power steering in that heat would have been
heroic. But dealing with balky gear shifts, brakes and probably other
issues as well, I think he did marvellously well.
a425couple
2019-06-26 03:33:17 UTC
Post by Darryl Johnson
Post by John
Post by a425couple
[...]
Yes, indeed. If you had the power to pick,
and picked Norris, I'd totally applaud him.
(Also, he was very close to his more experienced
and more highly regarded teammate.)
~misfit~
2019-06-26 02:06:56 UTC
Post by a425couple
It seems a bit Underwhelming an accomplishment to me.
Can you write a better nomination letter for Sainz,
than the above?
I will read it.
The race was so dull at the front, and the also rans so far behind,  that no one stood out.
Maybe the answer is "no one".
Perhaps.  But 'misfit' would surely disagree with that.
You can call me Shaun 212.5.

(Are you half of a couple? Or maybe your nym refer to your testicles? A Siamese twin? I get that
'425' is possibly an Oldsmobile V8 reference but other than that...)
If we were to agree that the definition of
"Driver of the Day" should be, the driver who does
the best job with the equipment that he has
( ? agree,, or not?)
Then I would suggest that Kimi Raikkonen should win DotD.
Now, probably almost all of us understand that he is
a top-notch driver, has been for a long time,
and proved by the fact he is an ex-WDC.
But in this race he it could be argued there were
eleven cars better than his on the grid,
(2 each Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren,
Renault, & Racing Point.  Well, at least 9!)
And Raikkonen beat his teammate, and finished 7th.
He scored better than his weight class would predict!
While I'm a long-time Kimi fan and think he drove well his 7th place finish was very much
Ricciardo-assisted. With one lap to go Kimi was in 9th place, over a second behind Dan and
defending from Hulk who was less than a second behind him.

I contend that 9th is likely where he would have finished if Desperate Dan hadn't broken two rules
on the final lap. Dan put himself and Lando further back in the order and gave Kimi Landos
position. Kimi may even have been passed by Nico on the last lap and finished 10th - still a
creditable effort but hardly DotD IMO compared with how well Lando did (with the equipment he had).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Formula_One_World_Championship
That's a great page for someone who's not following the season intently.

2019-06-26 23:51:37 UTC
You can call me Shaun 212.5.
What happened to Dipshit 1?
Post by ~misfit~
Or maybe your nym refer to your testicles?
You fucking weirdo.