Crushing Rivals
Add Reply
Heron
2020-09-05 15:36:57 UTC
Italian GP: Hamilton grabs pole as Mercedes crushes rivals
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/italian-gp-qualifying-report-hamilton/4868992/
Alan Baker
2020-09-06 01:39:32 UTC
Post by Heron
Italian GP: Hamilton grabs pole as Mercedes crushes rivals
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/italian-gp-qualifying-report-hamilton/4868992/
And Bottas?

How is it the driver you claim is the GOAT didn't "crush" his teammate?

How is it he only beat him by 0.08... ...percent?
Sir Tim
2020-09-06 08:30:37 UTC
Post by Heron
Italian GP: Hamilton grabs pole as Mercedes crushes rivals
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/italian-gp-qualifying-report-hamilton/4868992/
And Bottas?
How is it the driver you claim is the GOAT didn't "crush" his teammate?
How is it he only beat him by 0.08... ...percent?
I don’t think anyone has ever suggested that Bottas is not a superb one-lap
driver, his record of pole positions attests to that (unlike Schumacher,
Hamilton has usually had a team mate capable of pushing him to the limit).
At the highest level in most sports there is very little to choose between
the top competitors and success usually comes down to mental approach.
This is where I think Bottas is inferior to Hamilton.

Let’s see what happens in the race.
2020-09-06 21:00:01 UTC
Post by Heron
Italian GP: Hamilton grabs pole as Mercedes crushes rivals
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/italian-gp-qualifying-report-hamilton/4868992/
And Bottas?
How is it the driver you claim is the GOAT didn't "crush" his teammate?
How is it he only beat him by 0.08... ...percent?
I don’t think anyone has ever suggested that Bottas is not a superb one-lap
driver, his record of pole positions attests to that (unlike Schumacher,
Hamilton has usually had a team mate capable of pushing him to the limit).
At the highest level in most sports there is very little to choose between
the top competitors and success usually comes down to mental approach.
This is where I think Bottas is inferior to Hamilton.
Let’s see what happens in the race.
There's really no doubt that Bottas is inferior to Hamilton. He wouldn't
have been allowed to join the team if he wasn't.

My point is that for all the "crushing" Hamilton supposedly did, this
guy whom some want to dub "The Greatest of All Time" only just barely
beat his inferior teammate.

Hamilton's lap was 1:18.887. Bottas's was 1:18.956.

So 78.887 vs 78.956 with a difference of 0.069 of a second.

Bottas lap took 0.069/78.887*100 = 0.087%...

(Yes, less than one TENTH of one PERCENT)

...longer than Hamilton's.

So I'd like an explanation of how this came about.