Grosjean chucked out of Italian GP results
m***@yahoo.co.uk
2018-09-02 20:19:24 UTC
Grosjean has been chucked out of Italian GP results (6th) due to an infraction re the Haas car floor - check the media for more on this.
John
2018-09-02 20:40:40 UTC
Absurd, but that's F1.
News
2018-09-02 20:46:22 UTC
They wuz warned!
Sir Tim
2018-09-02 22:06:20 UTC
Post by m***@yahoo.co.uk
Grosjean has been chucked out of Italian GP results (6th) due to an
infraction re the Haas car floor - check the media for more on this.
Can’t help a touch of schadenfreude. Since Haas and others tried to get
Force India excluded I’ve been rooting for them. This means that FI get 14
points for Monza.
keefy
2018-09-03 13:30:34 UTC
Post by m***@yahoo.co.uk
Grosjean has been chucked out of Italian GP results (6th) due to an infraction re the Haas car floor - check the media for more on this.
What I do not understand is why these type of things are not picked up
in scrutineering. I thought the whole point of scrutineering was to
ensure the cars comply with the regulations. Does anyone know why this is?
DumbedDownUSA
2018-09-03 16:07:00 UTC
Post by keefy
Post by m***@yahoo.co.uk
Grosjean has been chucked out of Italian GP results (6th) due to an
infraction re the Haas car floor - check the media for more on this.
What I do not understand is why these type of things are not picked
up in scrutineering. I thought the whole point of scrutineering was
to ensure the cars comply with the regulations. Does anyone know why
this is?
They do not check every detail of the car during scrutineering and
apparently, according to this article, relied on another team
protesting in order to investigate.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138476/fia-haas-used-floor-it-knew-was-illegal
Trump averages eight falsehoods a day; how you doin'?
keefy
2018-09-03 19:59:06 UTC
Post by DumbedDownUSA
Post by keefy
Post by m***@yahoo.co.uk
Grosjean has been chucked out of Italian GP results (6th) due to an
infraction re the Haas car floor - check the media for more on this.
What I do not understand is why these type of things are not picked
up in scrutineering. I thought the whole point of scrutineering was
to ensure the cars comply with the regulations. Does anyone know why
this is?
They do not check every detail of the car during scrutineering and
apparently, according to this article, relied on another team
protesting in order to investigate.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138476/fia-haas-used-floor-it-knew-was-illegal
So in other words the rules are not important unless you score points?
Because what team will bother protesting another if they did not score
points? In this case nobody has mentioned Magnussen's car as far as I am
aware, but presumably he would have had the same "floor".
build
2018-09-04 03:31:11 UTC
Post by keefy
Post by m***@yahoo.co.uk
Grosjean has been chucked out of Italian GP results (6th) due to an infraction re the Haas car floor - check the media for more on this.
What I do not understand is why these type of things are not picked up
in scrutineering.
It was "picked up" prior to Hungary. And, Haas were warned.