OT - Anyone else watching the launch?
Geoff May
2020-05-27 19:49:35 UTC

Cheers

Geoff
Geoff May
2020-05-27 20:19:37 UTC
Post by Geoff May
http://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0
Sodding weather :-(

Cheers

Geoff
Vasco Costa
2020-05-27 21:15:37 UTC
Post by Geoff May
http://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0
Sodding weather :-(
Yeah... I was watching it too. Space geek here. :)

See you again on Saturday Geoff. Hopefully it's not another scrub.
--
Vasco Costa

AKA gluon. Enthusiastic about computers, motorsports, science,
technology, travelling and TV series. Yes I'm a bit of a geek.

Gopher hole: gopher://gopher.geeksphere.tk/
Brian Lawrence
2020-05-28 04:31:06 UTC
Post by Geoff May
http://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0
Absolutely :-)

Not sure I need all the social media coverage though.

Or the Teslas.

Or the anthem.
t***@gmail.com
2020-06-04 04:19:35 UTC
Post by Brian Lawrence
Not sure I need all the social media coverage though.
Or the Teslas.
Or the anthem.
Not sure?
Sitting on the fence?
You a spinless brit?
Geoff May
2020-05-30 16:47:11 UTC
Post by Geoff May
http://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0

For today's attempt.

Cheers

Geoff
Dan the Man
2020-05-30 17:55:05 UTC
Post by Geoff May
Post by Geoff May
http://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0
http://youtu.be/bIZsnKGV8TE
For today's attempt.
Cheers
Geoff
So far, it's on for 3:22PM EDT.
I'll be watching on the NASA channel.

Dan
geoff
2020-05-30 23:43:09 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
Post by Geoff May
Post by Geoff May
http://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0
http://youtu.be/bIZsnKGV8TE
For today's attempt.
Cheers
Geoff
So far, it's on for 3:22PM EDT.
I'll be watching on the NASA channel.
Dan
Glad it didn't do what their other one SN4 did the other day ....

2020-06-02 13:09:05 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
Post by Geoff May
Post by Geoff May
http://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0
http://youtu.be/bIZsnKGV8TE
For today's attempt.
Cheers
Geoff
So far, it's on for 3:22PM EDT.
I'll be watching on the NASA channel.
Dan
Glad it didn't do what their other one SN4 did the other day ....
http://youtu.be/vIh4aLX3cZQ
geoff
They'll kill somebody, yet.
t***@gmail.com
2020-06-02 17:09:13 UTC
They'll kill somebody, yet.
Yes, they should follow
your pathetic path to
a useless existence.
Alan Baker
2020-06-02 18:57:11 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
Post by Geoff May
Post by Geoff May
http://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0
http://youtu.be/bIZsnKGV8TE
For today's attempt.
Cheers
Geoff
So far, it's on for 3:22PM EDT.
I'll be watching on the NASA channel.
Dan
Glad it didn't do what their other one SN4 did the other day ....
http://youtu.be/vIh4aLX3cZQ
geoff
They'll kill somebody, yet.
Living kills people every day. Certain activities in life kill more than
others.

This is not news.

You try and create something new to go flying, yeah: chances are good
that somewhere along the way someone will die. That's just not a good
enough reason for not doing it.
Hornplayer9599
2020-06-04 04:05:48 UTC
Post by Geoff May
http://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0
Cheers
Geoff
I watched on both days. I had never seen a SpaceX launch, so I was
surprised just how quickley the rocket lifted off the pad once the
engines fired.
--
I don’t judge people based on color, race, religion, sexuality,
gender, ability, or size.
I base it on whether or not they’re an asshole.
~misfit~
2020-06-04 04:44:54 UTC
Post by Hornplayer9599
Post by Geoff May
http://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0
Cheers
Geoff
I watched on both days. I had never seen a SpaceX launch, so I was
surprised just how quickley the rocket lifted off the pad once the
engines fired.
I cringed at the 'designer space-suits'. The first time I saw them I thought 'wtf?', then heard
they'd been designed for the 21st century blah blah blah.

2020-06-04 20:50:45 UTC
I cringed at the 'designer space-suits'. The first time I saw them I thought 'wtf?', then heard
they'd been designed for the 21st century blah blah blah.
Fuck you. You negative, sheep fucking, cry baby,
government handout, cock sucker.

Alan Baker
2020-06-04 17:45:15 UTC
Post by Hornplayer9599
Post by Geoff May
http://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0
Cheers
Geoff
I watched on both days. I had never seen a SpaceX launch, so I was
surprised just how quickley the rocket lifted off the pad once the
engines fired.
I think people became accustomed to the delay that they saw in a Shuttle
launch caused by the main engines being fired up before the solid rocket
boosters fired.
News
2020-06-04 17:58:41 UTC
Post by Geoff May
http://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0
Cheers
Geoff
I watched on both days.  I had never seen a SpaceX launch, so I was
surprised just how quickley the rocket lifted off the pad once the
engines fired.
I think people became accustomed to the delay that they saw in a Shuttle
launch caused by the main engines being fired up before the solid rocket
boosters fired.
Or the higher thrust but lower thrust to weight ratio of a max payload
Saturn V at launch.
Alan Baker
2020-06-04 18:32:34 UTC
Post by Geoff May
http://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0
Cheers
Geoff
I watched on both days.  I had never seen a SpaceX launch, so I was
surprised just how quickley the rocket lifted off the pad once the
engines fired.
I think people became accustomed to the delay that they saw in a
Shuttle launch caused by the main engines being fired up before the
solid rocket boosters fired.
Or the higher thrust but lower thrust to weight ratio of a max payload
Saturn V at launch.
That too. Also the greater size of the Saturn V makes it speed and
acceleration appear to be less.
News
2020-06-04 19:28:11 UTC
Post by Geoff May
http://youtu.be/Aymrnzianf0
Cheers
Geoff
I watched on both days.  I had never seen a SpaceX launch, so I was
surprised just how quickley the rocket lifted off the pad once the
engines fired.
I think people became accustomed to the delay that they saw in a
Shuttle launch caused by the main engines being fired up before the
solid rocket boosters fired.
Or the higher thrust but lower thrust to weight ratio of a max payload
Saturn V at launch.
That too. Also the greater size of the Saturn V makes it speed and
acceleration appear to be less.
Not appearances alone, the heavier Saturn V accelerated much slower out
of the blocks, upper stage only increasing to orbital velocity as it
burned through 6.5 million pounds of RP1 and LH2 propellants and LOX
oxidizer.

To illustrate the first stage differences, Saturn V reached Max Q at 95
seconds and 14km altitude, while the Falcon 9 Dragon reached Max Q at 58
seconds at 12.7km altitude.