DofD
Heron
2018-06-25 05:45:02 UTC
Lewis Hamilton pulls off yet another grand slam,
first in every practice, on pole and wins the race.
Vettel hits everything (Bottas, Alonso, Grosjean)
but the pace car and "earns" driver of the day.
https://www.formula1.com/en/vote.html
geoff

(Dodgems Driver Of The Day)
M2T
2018-06-25 07:24:22 UTC
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton pulls off yet another grand slam,
first in every practice, on pole and wins the race.
Vettel hits everything (Bottas, Alonso, Grosjean)
but the pace car and "earns" driver of the day.
https://www.formula1.com/en/vote.html
It's worth the same as the Motor Sport Triple Crown.

Fuck all.

Fred must have got Whiner of the Day - again. His McLaren suffered
suspension problems. The weight of his ego must have grown again,
following Le Mans walk over.
t***@gmail.com
2018-06-25 15:14:15 UTC
Post by M2T
It's worth the same as the Motor Sport Triple Crown.
Fuck all.
Fred must have got Whiner of the Day - again. His McLaren suffered
suspension problems. The weight of his ego must have grown again,
following Le Mans walk over.
Fuck off with the excessive space between paragraphs.
You fucking idiot.
Halmyre
Shrug. The official records will list Hamilton's achievements. Driver of the Day awards will be, at the most, a footnote in history.
Sir Tim
2018-06-25 12:32:06 UTC
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton pulls off yet another grand slam,
first in every practice, on pole and wins the race.
Vettel hits everything (Bottas, Alonso, Grosjean)
but the pace car and "earns" driver of the day.
https://www.formula1.com/en/vote.html
One could argue that the DofD is *always* the guy who wins, but it seems to
me that DofD is just a fun way of acknowledging a drive that exceeded
expectations, such as a great recovery drive. Seen in that light I wouldn’t

disagree with the vote.
Sir Tim
Alister
2018-06-25 15:11:37 UTC
Post by Sir Tim
Lewis Hamilton pulls off yet another grand slam, first in every
practice, on pole and wins the race.
Vettel hits everything (Bottas, Alonso, Grosjean) but the pace car and
"earns" driver of the day. https://www.formula1.com/en/vote.html
One could argue that the DofD is *always* the guy who wins, but it seems
to me that DofD is just a fun way of acknowledging a drive that exceeded
expectations, such as a great recovery drive. Seen in that light I wouldn’t
disagree with the vote.
My own personal opinion.

A great recovery drive because someone else has punted you off is grounds
for DotD. If the cause of the recovery is your own error earlier that has
to count against you, especially if you have further incidents.

I am sure there must be another driver who actually gained places rather
than simply regaining most that they previously lost, in which case I
would consider them a more worthy contender.
--
Schmidt's Observation:
All things being equal, a fat person uses more soap
than a thin person.
Heron
2018-06-25 20:10:16 UTC
Post by Sir Tim
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton pulls off yet another grand slam,
first in every practice, on pole and wins the race.
Vettel hits everything (Bottas, Alonso, Grosjean)
but the pace car and "earns" driver of the day.
https://www.formula1.com/en/vote.html
One could argue that the DofD is *always* the guy who wins,
Wins what, the race, the fastest lap, a new track
record, a grand slam?

but it seems to
Post by Sir Tim
me that DofD is just a fun way of acknowledging a drive that exceeded
expectations, such as a great recovery drive.
The pole sitter doesn't qualify if he wins the race,
(particularly if flag-to-flag) unless, through no
fault of his own, he is loses position from which
it's necessary to recover, to become DofD?

Seen in that light I wouldn’t
Post by Sir Tim
disagree with the vote.
I'd give it to the pole sitting, mistake free driver
that won the race at no cost to others' finish, not
the collision magnet that didn't, on either count.
jtees4
2018-06-25 14:08:21 UTC
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton pulls off yet another grand slam,
first in every practice, on pole and wins the race.
Vettel hits everything (Bottas, Alonso, Grosjean)
but the pace car and "earns" driver of the day.
https://www.formula1.com/en/vote.html
I have no problem with the vote, especially since he moved up more
easily than Bottas.
Heron
2018-06-25 14:23:58 UTC
Post by jtees4
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton pulls off yet another grand slam,
first in every practice, on pole and wins the race.
Vettel hits everything (Bottas, Alonso, Grosjean)
but the pace car and "earns" driver of the day.
https://www.formula1.com/en/vote.html
I have no problem with the vote, especially since he moved up more
easily than Bottas.
Bottas was both spun by Vettel AND had considerably
more damage (not to mention his contact with others),
all of which was a result of the latter being out of
control yet again. He earned and deserved nothing less
than the ridicule and scorn he justifiably received.
Heron
https://www.racefans.net/2018/06/24/vote-for-your-2018-french-grand-prix-driver-of-the-weekend/
Bruce Hoult
2018-06-26 02:11:54 UTC
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton pulls off yet another grand slam,
first in every practice, on pole and wins the race.
Vettel hits everything (Bottas, Alonso, Grosjean)
but the pace car and "earns" driver of the day.
https://www.formula1.com/en/vote.html
There's no way I would have given it to Vettel after he caused his own misfortune. I think I'd probably have gone for Kimi or perhaps Magnussen (started 9th, finished 6th).

But the voting was very close, the closest of the year by far, with VET 18%, VER 17%, RAI 15%.

Only Hamilton in Spain came close to having as narrow a margin this year.

GAS 89%, HAM 4%, VET 3% Bahrain
RIC 86%, VER 5%, RAI 3% China
LEC 16% BOT 11%, VET 10% Baku
HAM 15%, VER 12%, LEC 12% Spain
RIC 29%, VER 22%, GAS 9% Monaco
VET 25%, LEC 14%, VER 12% Canada
VET 18%, VER 17%, RAI 15% France

They don't seem to have detailed data for Australia, but ALO was DotD :(

It's good to see drivers such as Gasly or Leclerc getting DotD for well-driven 4th or 6th places. I'm not so sure about it for an experienced guy like Alonso getting 5th, and I'm absolutely sure Vettel starting 3rd and finishing 5th is not worthy.
Naked Fame
2018-06-26 16:54:42 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
There's no way I would have given it to Vettel after he caused his own
misfortune. I think I'd probably have gone for Kimi or perhaps
Magnussen (started 9th, finished 6th).
But the voting was very close, the closest of the year by far, with
VET 18%, VER 17%, RAI 15%.
I was rooting for Leclerc, and think he did very well. Even though I
like Vettel, his brilliant then catastrphic start was his undoing.
Verstappen gained in the start by taking a shortcut, and I'm finally
given up on Kimi. But seeing Leclerc gaining another point with the
lowly Sauber, that was a real treat.
Signature
Naked Fame
2018-06-26 16:50:55 UTC
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton pulls off yet another grand slam,
first in every practice, on pole and wins the race.
For a Grand Chelem, you also have to lead every lap of the race. This
Hamilton didn't do because he pitted before Räikkönen who
consequentially lead a few laps. Because of this last rule, Grand
Chelems (note spelling) are not very common in Formula 1.
Signature
John
2018-06-26 19:04:51 UTC
Bottas, for slamming into Vettel and getting the victim blamed (go look at the replay).
geoff
2018-06-26 20:18:57 UTC
Post by John
Bottas, for slamming into Vettel and getting the victim blamed (go look at the replay).
Better tell that to Seb, who didn't see it that way.

geoff
t***@gmail.com
2018-06-26 23:55:59 UTC
Post by geoff
Better tell that to Seb, who didn't see it that way.
Hi queer. He has no contact with Seb.