Vettel
Add Reply
EB5AGV
2019-07-14 15:03:31 UTC
I think his Ferrari time is ending sooner than later...

Jose
Willsy
2019-07-14 15:34:56 UTC
Will see out his contract and retire.
Sir Tim
2019-07-14 15:41:16 UTC
Post by EB5AGV
I think his Ferrari time is ending sooner than later...
I know he’s a four-time WDC but for the last couple of seasons he seems to
have made clumsy mistake after clumsy mistake. Add to this his petulant
behaviour off track (Baku, Montreal) and I think it’s time he packed it in.
Alister
2019-07-14 17:29:46 UTC
Post by EB5AGV
I think his Ferrari time is ending sooner than later...
I know he’s a four-time WDC but for the last couple of seasons he seems
to have made clumsy mistake after clumsy mistake. Add to this his
petulant behaviour off track (Baku, Montreal) and I think it’s time he
packed it in.
Based on that sort of recent behaviour & performance I'm beginning to
think that (4 X WDC) flatters him considerably.
--
"The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was."
-- Walt West
~misfit~
2019-07-15 08:45:58 UTC
Post by Alister
Post by Sir Tim
Post by EB5AGV
I think his Ferrari time is ending sooner than later...
I know he’s a four-time WDC but for the last couple of seasons he seems
to have made clumsy mistake after clumsy mistake. Add to this his
petulant behaviour off track (Baku, Montreal) and I think it’s time he
packed it in.
Based on that sort of recent behaviour & performance I'm beginning to
think that (4 X WDC) flatters him considerably.
I've always thought that. Ricciardo consistently beating him in 2010 also added to my belief.
Vettel seems like he's grown into a decent guy when he's out of the car and not angry but I think
his 4 x WDC were 80% gained by being in the right car while being Marko's chosen one (and getting
the car built around his style).

2019-07-15 08:01:08 UTC
LeClerc is rapidly overshadowing him. If Ferrari doesn't get it's act together Red Bull might just catch them.
John
2019-07-27 23:00:23 UTC
Seem to not be getting it together if German qualifying is any indication.
geoff
2019-07-28 02:21:21 UTC
Post by John
Seem to not be getting it together if German qualifying is any indication.
Makes KUB feel a bit better though.

2019-07-28 13:40:58 UTC
Makes KUB feel a bit better though.
How do you know that? You fucking fool.
John
2019-07-28 21:47:37 UTC
Vettel had fantastic drive in the wet.
Darryl Johnson
2019-07-28 21:55:24 UTC
Post by John
Vettel had fantastic drive in the wet.
Helped by a fortuitous timing of a dive into the pits for new tires
during a yellow or VSC or SC. (I can't recall which).

Not to take anything away from the driving part itself. Certainly a
nice change from his recent spate of accidents. He kept it on the
island and managed to get past a number of others when he had to.
jtees4
2019-07-15 13:36:56 UTC
On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 08:03:31 -0700 (PDT), EB5AGV
Post by EB5AGV
I think his Ferrari time is ending sooner than later...
Jose
I am a huge Ferarri fan, and I agree with you completely. He seems to
have aged very quickly, and just doesn't have it anymore. Right now I
think old man Raikonnen could do better in the Ferarri.
~misfit~
2019-07-15 23:17:38 UTC
Post by EB5AGV
I think his Ferrari time is ending sooner than later...
Jose
I am a huge Ferarri fan, and I agree with you completely. He seems to
have aged very quickly, and just doesn't have it anymore. Right now I
think old man Raikonnen could do better in the Ferarri.
Pre-season I said that I thought Giovinazzi would mature this year and get Vettel's seat next year.
However Gio's still over-driving and we're nearly halfway through the season.

During his year in GP2 Gio was a contender all year and pushed his Prema team-mate Gasly right to
the last race. However seeing how Gasly's doing in F1 I'm now wondering if 2016 may have been a
lean year for talent (at least in good cars) at that level
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_GP2_Series#Drivers'_championship>

(Mitch Evans was there and finished down in 12th place in a dog of a car, employed yet again as a
development driver - he got more than 3x the points his rich team-mate managed.)