Who saw the Tom Pryce crash in 1977?
Add Reply
l***@gmail.com
2016-02-28 20:44:51 UTC
I was there but did not witness the crash directly. Still, I saw Pryce's Shadow being towed on the back of a truck after the race. It was covered in blood. Terrible. However, I do have photos taken of the accident that prove that Frederick Van Vuuren was not torn in half by the impact. The pictures were taken from where the two marshals had crossed the Kyalami straight. Van Vuuren's trousers were ripped off on impact giving the impression that he had been torn apart. This is in fact not true. If you like, I can send the pictures via email to prove it.
Jonno
2016-02-28 21:46:54 UTC

You are a bag of shit
brafield
2016-03-01 15:51:43 UTC
Did any of you watch the live coverage in 1977 and the crash? Was the crash
visible on TV in full detail? In that case, please tell me some of the
dreadful details because I want to know everything about the crash but I just
don't want to see it!
Good. As I get older I realize there are lots of things I don't want to see. With the arrival of the InterNet I've seen a couple of crash photos that had never been published, and I suddenly preferred my previous ignorance. A pal sent me a jpg of a road crash a few years ago, and foolishly I opened it. I did not need to know ---or remember --- what I saw. I know that human bodies don't do well in war and accidents, but I prefer to maintain happier visions of what a man or woman looks like in safe everyday life.

As far as your "want to know everything" --- no you don't, not really, because even a word description will haunt you.
D Munz
2016-03-03 16:23:38 UTC
Post by brafield
[...]
I remember some particularly graphic photos of Zanardi's crash. (Actually if you google "alex zanardi crash" you get one right at the top of the list...)

Unpleasant stuff.

o***@gmail.com
2019-08-02 21:44:15 UTC
Me
Geoff May
2019-08-03 09:16:48 UTC
Me
My brother was there too. I wasn't as my father felt I was too young to
be at the GP.

Cheers

Geoff
Sir Tim
2019-08-03 09:42:48 UTC
Me
So?
~misfit~
2019-08-04 01:08:14 UTC
Me
Wow! What a claim to fame! You must be so proud to have watched a man die to post about it now 42
years later during an unrelated race weekend.

2019-08-04 14:36:41 UTC
Wow! What a claim to fame! You must be so proud to have watched a man die to post about it now 42
years later during an unrelated race weekend.
You fucking loser.