An International Sport Indeed
D Munz
2018-07-05 23:00:57 UTC
So I finally got of the couch and ordered my Haas F1 Polo with free second day air shipping on an order over US$60. All pretty normal over here.

Then the shipment notification comes in and according to the tracking info, my Polo started in Tilburg, Netherlands; made a stop in Koeln, Germany before entering the US through Philadelphia. From there off to Louisville Kentucky and hopeful to my from door in Texas tomorrow.

It had to cost them more to ship the thing than they made off the sale.

Boggles the mind that a "US" F1 team would not have merchandising in the US.

FWIW
DLM
t***@gmail.com
2018-07-05 23:34:04 UTC
Post by D Munz
So I finally got of the couch
from your stinky gay lover
D Munz
2018-07-06 00:52:06 UTC
The phone book is here, the phone book is here. I'm finally someone!

FWIW
DLM
t***@gmail.com
2018-07-05 23:38:34 UTC
First world problems.
bra
2018-07-06 02:30:42 UTC
Post by D Munz
It had to cost them more to ship the thing than they made off the sale.
I remember years ago going into a grocery store in Norway and buying grapes, and the label said that they had come from --- India.

You could DRIVE from Oslo to pick up European grapes, but -------.
Edmund
2018-07-06 09:53:41 UTC
Post by D Munz
So I finally got of the couch and ordered my Haas F1 Polo with free second day air shipping on an order over US$60. All pretty normal over here.
Then the shipment notification comes in and according to the tracking info, my Polo started in Tilburg, Netherlands; made a stop in Koeln, Germany before entering the US through Philadelphia. From there off to Louisville Kentucky and hopeful to my from door in Texas tomorrow.
It had to cost them more to ship the thing than they made off the sale.
Boggles the mind that a "US" F1 team would not have merchandising in the US.
FWIW
DLM
Netherland is a corrupt state and a tax heaven for multi billionaires.
All multinationals have a fake office in the netherlands for tax evasion.

Edmund
M2T
Bollocks. They're living there for the coffee shops.
Martin Harran
2018-07-06 12:14:40 UTC
Post by M2T
Post by Edmund
Post by D Munz
So I finally got of the couch and ordered my Haas F1 Polo with free second day air shipping on an order over US$60. All pretty normal over here.
Then the shipment notification comes in and according to the tracking info, my Polo started in Tilburg, Netherlands; made a stop in Koeln, Germany before entering the US through Philadelphia. From there off to Louisville Kentucky and hopeful to my from door in Texas tomorrow.
It had to cost them more to ship the thing than they made off the sale.
Boggles the mind that a "US" F1 team would not have merchandising in the US.
FWIW
DLM
Netherland is a corrupt state and a tax heaven for multi billionaires.
All multinationals have a fake office in the netherlands for tax evasion.
Bollocks. They're living there for the coffee shops.
And the legal drugs, not to mention the friendly girls who spend their
time waving to people from their windows ...
Edmund
2018-07-06 12:57:38 UTC
Post by Martin Harran
Post by M2T
Post by Edmund
Post by D Munz
[...]
There is no such thing as legal drugs in the netherlands.
Aspirine and alike are legal but nothing of the kind you
suggesting here.
It isn't the US you know

Edmund
build
Technically illegal but openly tolerated.
Martin Harran
2018-07-07 08:40:51 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by Martin Harran
Post by M2T
Post by Edmund
Post by D Munz
[...]
I think you are being pedantic:

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/amsterdam-travel-legal-parameters/index.html
"in 1976 the Dutch parliament decriminalized possession of less than 5
grams of cannabis. That gave rise to a type of establishment found
only in this country. In hundreds of "coffee shops" across the country
-- not to be confused with "cafes" where you, in fact, go for coffee
-- you can select from a menu of cannabis products and light up in
full view indoors or at a sidewalk table."

If it walks like a duck ....
Edmund
2018-07-07 09:28:04 UTC
Post by Martin Harran
Post by Edmund
Post by Martin Harran
Post by M2T
Post by Edmund
Post by D Munz
[...]
By all means, report back after you found the Dutch law.

Worth mentioning :
Our government is schizophrenic, they close one coffee shop after another,
also even 1 gram is forbidden (but tolerated) Provision of coffee shops
forbidden and persecuted.
This does not stop them from trying to become a cannabis dealer themselves.

Similar to the friendly waving ladies which are illegally unless they
accept the state as their pimp.

Edmund
bra
2018-07-06 19:54:08 UTC

Incredibly, a private, for-profit Dutch company owned, staffed, and operated all the UK's detention facilities in the Briti8sh Isles for refugee and immigration claimants --.
build
2018-07-06 12:50:38 UTC
Post by D Munz
So I finally got of the couch and ordered my Haas F1 Polo with free second day air shipping on an order over US$60. All pretty normal over here.
Then the shipment notification comes in and according to the tracking info, my Polo started in Tilburg, Netherlands; made a stop in Koeln, Germany before entering the US through Philadelphia. From there off to Louisville Kentucky and hopeful to my from door in Texas tomorrow.
It had to cost them more to ship the thing than they made off the sale.
Boggles the mind that a "US" F1 team would not have merchandising in the US.
FWIW
DLM
D'Munz,
If you are interested in Haas F1 you may find Gene Haas's history interesting there are a number of articles about his extraordinary success just pump his name into a search engine.

beers,
build
D Munz
2018-07-07 16:41:25 UTC
Post by D Munz
So I finally got of the couch and ordered my Haas F1 Polo with free second day air shipping on an order over US$60. All pretty normal over here.
Then the shipment notification comes in and according to the tracking info, my Polo started in Tilburg, Netherlands; made a stop in Koeln, Germany before entering the US through Philadelphia. From there off to Louisville Kentucky and hopeful to my from door in Texas tomorrow.
It had to cost them more to ship the thing than they made off the sale.
Boggles the mind that a "US" F1 team would not have merchandising in the US.
FWIW
DLM
The shirt arrived and it is great. It was made in Turkey, so an all European adventure (like this years WC!) I guess the transport costs these days are not really that significant a part of the value chain.

It does remind me of being in Aberdeen one year and ready that they were shipping whole fish to China to be process into filets and returned to Aberdeen for sale in a local grocer. A sad day for the local fish processors but I guess they have to do what they have to do.

FWIW
DLM
M2T
2018-07-07 18:24:37 UTC
Post by D Munz
Post by D Munz
[...]
Might have been cheaper here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/grandprixfanshop?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Even there, the prices of F1 team kit is daylight robbery, especially
when we know the products are produced for peanuts.
https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/europe-migrants-turkey-children/
bra
2018-07-07 20:08:12 UTC
On Saturday, July 7, 2018 at 9:41:27 AM UTC-7, D Munz wrote:
A sad day for the local fish processors but I guess they have to do what they have to do.

"I guess -----" An ominous statement!

One reason for having a democratic government and a whistle-blower culture is to be able to restrain business from "doing what they have to do".