Williams are for sale
Brian Lawrence
2020-05-29 12:43:39 UTC
"The Williams Formula 1 team and wider company group are up for sale
after posting a £13m loss last year.

The momentous decision marks a major change in direction for a company
whose founder Sir Frank Williams had previously always insisted on
retaining control.

Deputy team principal Claire Williams said: "Frank has always ensured he
puts the team, business and our people first, and that's what we're
doing now."

She said the aim was to secure the team's future through internal
investment."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52847040
Vasco Costa
2020-05-29 16:07:19 UTC
Two words:

1. sad
2. expected
--
Vasco Costa

AKA gluon. Enthusiastic about computers, motorsports, science,
technology, travelling and TV series. Yes I'm a bit of a geek.

Gopher hole: gopher://gopher.geeksphere.tk/
t***@gmail.com
2020-05-29 21:29:58 UTC
Post by Vasco Costa
1. sad
2. expected
--
Vasco Costa
AKA gluon. Enthusiastic about computers, motorsports, science,
technology, travelling and TV series. Yes I'm a bit of a geek.
Gopher hole: gopher://gopher.geeksphere.tk/
Three words:

1. you
2. are
3. annoying
Steve Thompson
2020-05-30 13:39:22 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
1. you
2. are
3. annoying
But not nearly as much as you are.
News
2020-05-29 16:20:22 UTC
Post by Brian Lawrence
"The Williams Formula 1 team and wider company group are up for sale
after posting a £13m loss last year.
The momentous decision marks a major change in direction for a company
whose founder Sir Frank Williams had previously always insisted on
retaining control.
Deputy team principal Claire Williams said: "Frank has always ensured he
puts the team, business and our people first, and that's what we're
doing now."
She said the aim was to secure the team's future through internal
investment."
     https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52847040
Time to bring in Private Equity -- to completely loot the place.

https://www.theonion.com/protestors-criticized-for-looting-businesses-without-fo-1843735351
Yousuf Khan
2020-05-29 22:39:07 UTC
Time to bring in Private Equity -- to completely loot the place.
https://www.theonion.com/protestors-criticized-for-looting-businesses-without-fo-1843735351
Too true.

Yousuf Khan
D Munz
2020-05-30 15:46:22 UTC
Post by Yousuf Khan
Post by News
Time to bring in Private Equity -- to completely loot the place.
https://www.theonion.com/protestors-criticized-for-looting-businesses-without-fo-1843735351
Too true.
Yousuf Khan
Gotta love working The Onion into rasf1!