Mark Donohue, again
j***@gmail.com
2018-08-27 08:54:04 UTC
Settlement of Mark Donohue's Estate Reached
April 10, 1986

An out-of-court settlement was reached Wednesday at Providence, R.I., in the appeal of a $9.6-million Superior Court verdict awarded the estate of race driver Mark Donohue, killed during practice for the 1975 Austrian Grand Prix.

The verdict of April, 1984, the largest ever returned in a Rhode Island state court, had been appealed to the state Supreme Court by the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. of Akron, Ohio, and by the Penske Corp. of Reading, Pa.

Donohue's heirs claimed that his death stemmed from negligence on the part of Goodyear, which made the left front tire that blew out on Donohue's Formula One racer, and on the part of the Penske Corp., owner of the car.

Under the terms of the settlement, the amount of which was not disclosed, Donohue's widow, Eden Donohue Rafshoon, will share the money with Donohue's two teen-age sons.

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-04-10/sports/sp-3233_1_mark-donohue
bra
2018-08-27 14:43:37 UTC
On Monday, August 27, 2018 at 1:54:05 AM UTC-7, ***@gmail.com wrote:

The nightmare of insurance. When is a spectator "on" the concrete barrier? Loading Image...

At our local races [temporary track], there is a single concrete spectator fence, and as announcer I constantly call "Get off the barrier". Young fans manage to prop their knees against the back of the barrier and cantilever themselves over it for a better view, without touching the top:
"I'm not ON the barrier, not actually ON it, see ----".

What I need is a decent .177 air rifle.
News
2018-08-27 20:13:20 UTC
The nightmare of insurance. When is a spectator "on" the concrete barrier? https://4.imimg.com/data4/CB/HA/MY-2407312/cement-road-divider-500x500.jpg
"I'm not ON the barrier, not actually ON it, see ----".
What I need is a decent .177 air rifle.
Just show them video of Wickens' crash into and over the SAFER barrier,
and into and tearing down a hundred feet of cable-stayed catch fence.
Alan Baker
2018-08-27 20:27:54 UTC
The nightmare of insurance. When is a spectator "on" the concrete
barrier?
https://4.imimg.com/data4/CB/HA/MY-2407312/cement-road-divider-500x500.jpg
At our local races [temporary track], there is a single concrete
spectator fence, and as announcer I constantly call "Get off the
barrier".  Young fans manage to prop their knees against the back of
the barrier and cantilever themselves over it for a better view,
"I'm not ON the barrier, not actually ON it, see ----".
What I need is a decent .177 air rifle.
Just show them video of Wickens' crash into and over the SAFER barrier,
and into and tearing down a hundred feet of cable-stayed catch fence.
Last event at Mission was the BC Historic Motor Races, and that same
weekend, the BC Customer Car Association was hosting a big show and
shine event; one that was large enough that they were using the parking
lot quite close to our fastest two turns leading onto the main straight.

While we had a tape line up telling people to stay clear, of course
there were some people—perhaps a couple of dozen who wandered up very
close to the outside of those turns, and we had to send the safety team
over to shoo them away.

I hope everyone who had to chase out of the area was still watching a
couple of sessions later when a Formula Vee lost a wheel (and brake
drum!—it was actually the axle nut that came off) and it went careering
down the track right through the area where they'd all been standing.
~misfit~
2018-08-28 00:21:25 UTC
The nightmare of insurance. When is a spectator "on" the concrete
barrier?
https://4.imimg.com/data4/CB/HA/MY-2407312/cement-road-divider-500x500.jpg
At our local races [temporary track], there is a single concrete
spectator fence, and as announcer I constantly call "Get off the
barrier". Young fans manage to prop their knees against the back of
the barrier and cantilever themselves over it for a better view,
"I'm not ON the barrier, not actually ON it, see ----".
What I need is a decent .177 air rifle.
I have one of those. I've been using it lately to kill Australian Eastern
Rosellas that come to my garden to rip the flowers off my prunus
campanulata. I got another one yesterday.

2018-08-28 00:46:47 UTC
You cunt.
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-28 00:48:25 UTC
I got another one yesterday.
Oh, the big hunter.
Fuck off, stupid.
bra
2018-08-28 01:26:51 UTC
What I need is a decent .177 air rifle.
I have one of those. I've been using it lately to kill Australian Eastern
Rosellas that come to my garden to rip the flowers off my prunus
campanulata. I got another one yesterday.
I am gonna have to look them up, aren't I? Damn. :-)

The great nutcase Spike Milligan was once hauled into court for shooting at cats that intruded into his garden in Hampstead. Good old Spike.
~misfit~
2018-08-28 04:46:24 UTC
What I need is a decent .177 air rifle.
I have one of those. I've been using it lately to kill Australian
Eastern Rosellas that come to my garden to rip the flowers off my
prunus campanulata. I got another one yesterday.
I am gonna have to look them up, aren't I? Damn. :-)
The great nutcase Spike Milligan was once hauled into court for
shooting at cats that intruded into his garden in Hampstead. Good old
Spike.
They're an escaped cage bird here in New Zealand. My main gripes with them
are that they make a horrible squawk (I like birdsong) and they ravage the
tree that I planted to feed native birds. The tree in question, prunus
campanulatus or Taiwanese cherry blossom, holds blossoms for about a month
and native nectar eating birds really benefit from it as it flowers right
before their breeding cycle starts.

The native birds will come back to the same flower up to 10 times a day and
each bloom lasts about 3 weeks. Over 200 'feeds' per blossom. The rosellas
however lack the proper mouthparts to sip nectar so they rip the flowers off
the tree, roll them around in their beaks then drop them. A pair of rosellas
can denude a tree that will feed 15 tuis (the most I've counted feeding in
the tree at once) for a month in not much more than a day. They also bully
the native birds are chase them from the tree. A parrot beak is far more
formidable than a nectar-eating bird's beak.

There are other reasons to cull rosellas - they are carriers of at least two
parrot-specific diseases. New Zealand has some of the strangest and rarest
parrots in the world and they have no defense to these diseases. Also the
rosella only nests in holes in tree trunks, a niche that is getting rarer by
the year. We have a similar but far more timid native parakeet (The
kakariki) that is currently only to be found on a few
mammalian-predator-free offshore islands that also only nests in tree
hollows. If it ever to be re-introduced to the mainland it will need nesting
sites.

Lastly the rosellas are prolific breeders capable of raising 18 chicks a
season given plentiful food. There used to be a guy in my area who had a far
more powerful and long-range weapon than my air rifle (he uses a 17 HMR) who
would cull around 50 rosellas a year without leaving his farm. I haven't
seen any posts / reports from him in the forums he used to frequent for a
few years now and I've noticed a big up-tick in rosella numbers...

So whenever I hear them in the tree in my back garden I break out the
(affordable) Chinese air rifle (but using German ammunition though, H&N
Sport Barracuda Hunter Extreme is very accurate and drops them like flies
out to 50 yards) and usually if I'm quiet I get one... I might have to
re-sit my firearms licence that I let lapse and get me one of those 17 HMRs
though. They weren't around back when I used to shoot more and they look
bloody deadly for 'varmints'. I always enjoyed going for slow quiet walks
while reducing the rabbit population *and* getting food and those 17 HMRs
look much better than the .22 LR I used to use for rabbits.

Cheers,

fuck off
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-29 02:56:57 UTC
My main gripes with them
Too many gripes with you,
you miserable bitch.
That's why you are in
your pathetic state.
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-29 05:27:55 UTC
My main gripes with them are that they make a horrible squawk
Great. Fuck off with your secondary gripes.
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-29 05:31:15 UTC
you stupid cunt
bra
2018-08-29 17:32:42 UTC
Post by ~misfit~
would cull around 50 rosellas a year without leaving his farm.
"Guns don't cull, people cull."

To Cull a Mockingbird.

Oh boy, you may have started a long thread :-)

My pests are deer and black bears who strip my fruit trees, but I only say SHOO!
~misfit~
2018-08-29 23:32:48 UTC
Post by ~misfit~
would cull around 50 rosellas a year without leaving his farm.
"Guns don't cull, people cull."
To Cull a Mockingbird.
Oh boy, you may have started a long thread :-)
T'was simply the fact that I put my .177 air rifle down, opened my laptop
and saw a post from you mentioning a .177 air rifle...
Post by bra
My pests are deer and black bears who strip my fruit trees, but I only say SHOO!
I tried that with the rosellas but they only come back (and they're not
movement-limited by disability). Also as an exotic species they're
considered a pest by any right-thinking person (ignoring all of the morons
who say "aww but they're sooo pretty!") so culling them is actually good for
the environment. I'm not sure about deer and black bears?

2018-08-29 02:42:50 UTC
I am gonna have to look them up, aren't I? Damn. :-)
Grow a fucking spine.
Misfart has told you in the past,
that you are a fucking piece of shit.
fnot
2018-08-29 04:11:13 UTC
Bird murderer !
I have a cat that deals with that.
He has this thing when he's done catching and playing with it
he crushes the skull with his maw and I think drinks the brain.
A bit like F1 politics...or not.
~misfit~
2018-08-29 23:40:20 UTC
Post by fnot
Bird murderer !
I have a cat that deals with that.
He has this thing when he's done catching and playing with it
he crushes the skull with his maw and I think drinks the brain.
A bit like F1 politics...or not.
LOL! The problem with the cat approach is they're more harmful for the
environment than the rosellas - I'd shoot the cats that come on my property
if I didn't value mt good rleationships with my nieghbours. As well as
killing native wildlife they piss everywhere (including and especially on my
cars mudflaps for some reason) and in high summer often drop fleas on my
deck and pathways. I *hate* fleas.

t***@gmail.com
2018-08-30 16:41:04 UTC
I *hate* fleas.