Rio reveals definitive layout for F1 circuit
a425couple
2019-05-25 19:58:17 UTC
for pictures go to
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rio-janeiro-track-layout-revealed/4393147/?fbclid=IwAR10xWzeAYNMXujx9Fir16lnytyWPzSdykYHGFOKinpyBq7-0B6hTjvJaqM

Rio reveals definitive layout for F1 circuit
Scott Mitchell
By: Scott Mitchell
5h ago

A definitive layout has been revealed for the planned Rio de Janeiro
circuit that wants to take over Formula 1's Brazilian Grand Prix, but
only once Interlagos's deal expires.
US consortium Rio Motorsports claims that on Monday it won a tender to
build the new track.

It says it has been awarded a 35-year concession to build on military
land, after emerging as the only group to submit a proposal.

Despite claims from Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro that the new Rio
circuit would immediately take over the Brazilian GP from 2020,
Interlagos is expected to host the race again next year, which is the
final one of its current contract.

A recent city council vote in Sao Paulo gave Interlagos a major boost in
its desire to extend its Brazilian GP deal, but the construction of the
new Rio circuit presents a major rival for 2021 and beyond.

The Rio MotorPark layout, created with assistance from F1's go-to track
designer Hermann Tilke, has been altered since the first designs were
presented last year.

It is not being named after Ayrton Senna as was indicated when Bolsonaro
first announced the new venue's F1 aspirations earlier this month.

However, a section of the circuit at the end of the lap, the 'Senna S'
does bear the three-time world champion's name.

"The proposal we have brought to Rio seeks to present a picture of a
modern track, dynamic and full of emotion," said Tilke.

"At the same time, we think of a space with a multidisciplinary approach
that allows a very wide range of use in other sports, serving the whole
community."

Rio Motorsports' declaration of victory in its long-running bid to build
a circuit that could also host MotoGP came despite a last-ditch, public
civil action from the Federal Prosecution Service (MPF) to suspend the
bidding for the tender.

The MPF had announced a desire for the process to be halted while
environmental impact studies were carried out.

"Winning today is the conclusion of work that began more than four
years," said Rio Motorsports CEO JR Pereira. "We have put together the
very best in the world in terms of technical capacity to guarantee Rio
de Janeiro a race track with the most modern motorsports in the world."
John
2019-05-25 22:16:15 UTC
Only one bidder, yeah.....
t***@gmail.com
2019-05-26 01:07:13 UTC
Post by John
Only one bidder, yeah.....
This Rio track is a real problem for you.
Worry about Siverstone and your rotten teeth.
John
2019-05-26 21:08:41 UTC
Can someone explain what Rio has to do with Silverstone? Oh, and why do Brits constantly talk about teeth? I dental care really so awful in England?
geoff
2019-05-27 00:30:46 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
This Rio track is a real problem for you.
Worry about Siverstone and your rotten teeth.
? I dental care really so awful in England?
Certainly used to be.

2019-05-27 02:57:11 UTC
Post by John
Post by t***@gmail.com
This Rio track is a real problem for you.
Worry about Siverstone and your rotten teeth.
Can someone explain what Rio has to do with Silverstone? Oh, and why
do Brits constantly talk about teeth? I dental care really so awful
in England?
You didn't supply an attribution to the text you're replying to but I guess
it was our resident homosexual Texan.

This is not an email and hasn't been checked for vruses by any half-arsed
software.
Calum
2019-05-27 09:16:19 UTC
Post by John
Can someone explain what Rio has to do with Silverstone? Oh, and why do Brits constantly talk about teeth? I dental care really so awful in England?
No. Brits have pretty low levels of tooth decay (affecting less than 30%
of adults), especially compared to the US and Australia (over 90%) [1].

Americans in particular do seem to conflate the notion of actual
dentistry with cosmetic dentistry that makes it look like everyone's
sharing the same set of false teeth, though.

[1]
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/british-teeth-arent-that-bad-american-teeth-are-far-worse/
https://www.hospitalhealth.com.au/content/clinical-services/news/90-aussie-adults-experience-tooth-decay-612674436
geoff
2019-05-27 11:01:43 UTC
Post by Calum
Can someone explain what Rio has to do with Silverstone?  Oh, and why
do Brits constantly talk about teeth?  I dental care really so awful
in England?
No. Brits have pretty low levels of tooth decay (affecting less than 30%
of adults), especially compared to the US and Australia (over 90%) [1].
Americans in particular do seem to conflate the notion of actual
dentistry with cosmetic dentistry that makes it look like everyone's
sharing the same set of false teeth, though.
[1]
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/british-teeth-arent-that-bad-american-teeth-are-far-worse/
https://www.hospitalhealth.com.au/content/clinical-services/news/90-aussie-adults-experience-tooth-decay-612674436
I was always under the impression that 'NHS Teeth' was a well-known
syndrome.

2019-05-27 11:19:24 UTC
Post by geoff
I was always under the impression that 'NHS Teeth' was a well-known
syndrome.
Not something I have ever heard of; however when I was young I am sure
I and my siblings had several healthy teeth drilled by an nhs dentist
paid by the filling.

Mountain Dew mouth is a thing apparently; for anyone under the
impression Americans have perfect teeth...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Mountain+Dew+mouth&source=lnms&tbm=isch
--
Trump fact check:
The grand total as of Sunday: 4,913 false claims
That’s the 75th-worst week of his presidency out of 116 weeks so far.
~misfit~
2019-05-27 12:20:07 UTC
Post by Calum
Post by geoff
I was always under the impression that 'NHS Teeth' was a well-known
syndrome.
Not something I have ever heard of; however when I was young I am sure
I and my siblings had several healthy teeth drilled by an nhs dentist
paid by the filling.
I had the misfortune of going to a similarly unscrupulous dentist every six
months in my teens. He X-rayed my teeth (which I never had a problem with
before going to him) then would re-call me for at least two fillings every
time. The few tetth that remained untouched by him are still untouched -
they've never needed fillings. In fact later dentists have commented on how
strong my teeth are and asked why they're mostly filled. However the teeth
he drilled have had to have fillings replaced every 10 - 15 years and a lot
of them have since crumbled and gone. Being on an invalid's benefit isn't
conducive to getting implants and the few teeth that I had root canals done
in before my accident have since had to go.

I heard the guy died of cancer relatively young and I think that was the
first and only time I've been happy to hear of someone dying of cancer.
Post by Calum
Mountain Dew mouth is a thing apparently; for anyone under the
impression Americans have perfect teeth...
https://www.google.com/search?q=Mountain+Dew+mouth&source=lnms&tbm=isch
Yeah (some) Americans, mainly of the older generation think all Brits have
bad teeth. It's something they heard from returning GIs who noticed more
Brits had crooked teeth than they were used to seeing and somehow thought
that picture-perfect equals healthy. Ultimately it's just that Brits
generally and historically aren't as hung up on appearances as Americans
are. Also there isn't (or wasn't) such a big cosmetic dentistry industry in
the UK.

This is not an email and hasn't been checked for vruses by any half-arsed
software.
t***@gmail.com
2019-05-28 01:15:19 UTC
[...]
More bad luck. You don'know what the fuck you are talking about.
You cunt.
t***@gmail.com
2019-05-29 01:20:02 UTC
I had the misfortune
A trend with you.
geoff
2019-05-27 20:25:43 UTC
Not something I have ever heard of; however when I was young I am sure
I and my siblings had several healthy teeth drilled by an nhs dentist
paid by the filling.
Mountain Dew mouth is a thing apparently; for anyone under the
impression Americans have perfect teeth...
https://www.google.com/search?q=Mountain+Dew+mouth&source=lnms&tbm=isch
Poem by Spike Milligan: English Teeth.

English Teeth, English Teeth!
Shining in the sun
A part of British heritage
Aye, each and every one.
English Teeth, Happy Teeth!
Always having fun
Clamping down on bits of fish
And sausages half done.
English Teeth! HEROES' Teeth!
Hear them click! and clack!
Let's sing a song of praise to them -
Three Cheers for the Brown Grey and Black.

2019-05-29 08:01:31 UTC
Post by Calum
Post by John
Can someone explain what Rio has to do with Silverstone? Oh, and why do Brits constantly talk about teeth? I dental care really so awful in England?
No. Brits have pretty low levels of tooth decay (affecting less than 30%
of adults), especially compared to the US and Australia (over 90%) [1].
Oh well, the Brits win again. According to your Govt you have 92%, you beat by 2%.
https://www.nidcr.nih.gov/research/data-statistics/dental-caries/adults
Bigbird
2019-05-29 09:42:55 UTC
Post by Calum
Post by John
Can someone explain what Rio has to do with Silverstone? Oh, and
why do Brits constantly talk about teeth? I dental care really
so awful in England?
No. Brits have pretty low levels of tooth decay (affecting less
than 30% of adults), especially compared to the US and Australia
(over 90%) [1].
Oh well, the Brits win again. According to your Govt you have 92%, you beat by 2%.
https://www.nidcr.nih.gov/research/data-statistics/dental-caries/adults
YFI

You lose again.
CS
2019-05-27 18:38:47 UTC
Golfers design golf courses. Is there any driver involvement in Tilke circuits? If not, should there be?