Possibly the best e-sports race with real drivers
Vasco Costa
2020-05-25 11:38:45 UTC
The Race All-Star Series - INDY! - ft. Fernando Alonso, JP Montoya,
Button, Andretti + loads more:

This was definitely one of the best races with real drivers I've watched
this year. If you have 20 minutes to spare, Alonso and Button exchange
the lead of the race every lap, with great precision.

Yes, it's Indianapolis, but it takes a lot of skill to do it like that
without ever even touching slightly against each other, more so on a sim
where your peripheral vision is often compromised by a low FOV.
--
Vasco Costa

AKA gluon. Enthusiastic about computers, motorsports, science,
technology, travelling and TV series. Yes I'm a bit of a geek.

Gopher hole: gopher://gopher.geeksphere.tk/
~misfit~
2020-05-26 03:08:05 UTC
http://youtu.be/EHv0ghX26e0
This was definitely one of the best races with real drivers I've watched
this year. If you have 20 minutes to spare, Alonso and Button exchange
the lead of the race every lap, with great precision.
Yes, it's Indianapolis, but it takes a lot of skill to do it like that
without ever even touching slightly against each other, more so on a sim
where your peripheral vision is often compromised by a low FOV.
Thank you for being considerate enough to include a start time in your URL so that we can see who's
on the grid then watch the race start. :)

As a New Zealander I'm just a bit miffed that Scott Dixon isn't there.

Cheers.

Vasco Costa
2020-05-26 08:35:41 UTC
Thank you for being considerate enough to include a start time in your URL so that we can see who's
on the grid then watch the race start. :)
Yes, I hate it when someone doesn't do it, so... :)
Post by ~misfit~
As a New Zealander I'm just a bit miffed that Scott Dixon isn't there.
I might be wrong, but I think Dixon is doing the official Indycar
esports series with pretty much all the other drivers. I haven't watched
the latest races though. Anyway, I agree, as a legend, he should
definitely be doing the All-Star legends cup.

~misfit~
2020-05-26 10:26:38 UTC
Post by Vasco Costa
Post by ~misfit~
Thank you for being considerate enough to include a start time in your URL so that we can see who's
on the grid then watch the race start. :)
Yes, I hate it when someone doesn't do it, so... :)
Cheers. I watched the second race too. I'm not usually a fan of esports but I enjoyed both races.
Post by Vasco Costa
Post by ~misfit~
As a New Zealander I'm just a bit miffed that Scott Dixon isn't there.
I might be wrong, but I think Dixon is doing the official Indycar
esports series with pretty much all the other drivers. I haven't watched
the latest races though. Anyway, I agree, as a legend, he should
definitely be doing the All-Star legends cup.
I agree. He's a five-time Indycar champion (twice coming second in the championship and five times
third as well) and has won the 500. Also he's won the 24 hours of Daytona three times. If that
doesn't make him a legend I don't know what would. Tony Kanaan was in the legends race and he's
'only' won one Indycar championship.

Vasco Costa
2020-05-26 18:59:36 UTC
Cheers. I watched the second race too. I'm not usually a fan of
esports but I enjoyed both races.
The second race was equally exciting, especially to me as a Portuguese.
I was cheering for Tiago Monteiro, but Alonso ended up winning maybe
due to better luck with traffic on the final laps.
Post by ~misfit~
Post by Vasco Costa
I might be wrong, but I think Dixon is doing the official Indycar
esports series with pretty much all the other drivers. I haven't
watched the latest races though. Anyway, I agree, as a legend, he
should definitely be doing the All-Star legends cup.
I agree. He's a five-time Indycar champion (twice coming second in the
championship and five times third as well) and has won the 500. Also
he's won the 24 hours of Daytona three times. If that doesn't make him
a legend I don't know what would. Tony Kanaan was in the legends race
and he's 'only' won one Indycar championship.
Yeah. I guess it's also a matter of availability and willingness to use
specific sims. Or even commercial agreements. I'm pretty sure everyone
would be happy to include Dixon on their race roster.

Dumas Walker
2020-05-26 03:14:00 UTC
As a New Zealander I'm just a bit miffed that Scott Dixon isn't there.
Having watched the official Indycar iracing series earlier this year, it
sounds like Dixon is not really a gamer. While there are some drivers that
were either already into, or that have gotten into, eracing, he may not be
one of them.

I was not aware that Dario was. Kanaan, while new to it, has apparently
kept racing... I saw him in a Lionheart Indycar Series race on iRacing a
couple of weeks ago.

Scott is one of my favorite drivers so it would be nice to see him in those
races, but it may not be his thing.

* SLMR 2.1a * . Lifting Shadows Off a Dream .
~misfit~
2020-05-26 23:50:25 UTC
Post by Dumas Walker
Post by ~misfit~
As a New Zealander I'm just a bit miffed that Scott Dixon isn't there.
Having watched the official Indycar iracing series earlier this year, it
sounds like Dixon is not really a gamer. While there are some drivers that
were either already into, or that have gotten into, eracing, he may not be
one of them.
I was not aware that Dario was. Kanaan, while new to it, has apparently
kept racing... I saw him in a Lionheart Indycar Series race on iRacing a
couple of weeks ago.
Scott is one of my favorite drivers so it would be nice to see him in those
races, but it may not be his thing.
Thanks for the info. I guess when you race real cars as much as Scott does you have little need for
a race sim game when you get home to your family.

2020-05-26 13:41:41 UTC
Post by Vasco Costa
The Race All-Star Series - INDY! - ft. Fernando Alonso, JP Montoya,
http://youtu.be/EHv0ghX26e0
This was definitely one of the best races with real drivers I've watched
this year. If you have 20 minutes to spare, Alonso and Button exchange
the lead of the race every lap, with great precision.
Yes, it's Indianapolis, but it takes a lot of skill to do it like that
without ever even touching slightly against each other, more so on a sim
where your peripheral vision is often compromised by a low FOV.
I see Chainbear's put out a new video titled "REAL F1 YouTuber REACTS to simulated single seater
racing | Expert Critique"