Points
Willsy
2018-09-08 20:58:55 UTC
Am I right in thinking VET now needs a HAM DNF to stand a chance?
Mark Jackson
2018-09-08 21:11:23 UTC
Post by Willsy
Am I right in thinking VET now needs a HAM DNF to stand a chance?
No.
The deep lesson of the notion of opportunity cost is that
every single second of your life is lived suboptimally.
- Zach Weinersmith
Bruce Hoult
2018-09-09 08:30:07 UTC
Post by Willsy
Am I right in thinking VET now needs a HAM DNF to stand a chance?
No, though he'll probably get one and that would certainly make it easier.

30 points difference with 7 races left means 4.3 points per race. If Vettel can, say, win two of the races with Hamilton 2nd then the points difference is 16 with 5 races left. That means getting 2nd with Hamilton 3rd, or getting 3rd with Hamilton 4th in the rest is enough to get within 1 point at the end of the season. Any worse result from Hamilton Or bette from Vettel) would see Vettel take the title.

I think Vettel has an excellent chance of winning any or all of the remaining races. Austin is the least likely, I'd say, as Hamilton pretty much owns that. He can let Hamilton have that one :-)
DumbedDownUSA
2018-09-09 08:52:29 UTC
Post by Willsy
Am I right in thinking VET now needs a HAM DNF to stand a chance?
30 points over 7 races; he doesn't even need dominance...

...but if Ferrari dominated just the next 3 races they could have
Vettel back on top... if they wanted to.
--
"We have helped to create a situation that has allowed us to end up
with Trump. The dumbing down of our society through the media, the lack