How F1 Teams Approach a New Track
2020-09-11 00:40:52 UTC
Interesting video about Mugello from Andrew Shovlin:

2020-09-11 08:09:15 UTC
http://youtu.be/2KfaKsxkpmU
Very interesting, thank you.
2020-09-12 06:57:19 UTC
http://youtu.be/2KfaKsxkpmU
Very interesting, thank you.
Imola will be more interesting for obvious reasons.
build
2020-09-12 08:29:28 UTC
Shame he didn't refer to strategy and more specifics on tyres.
build
Watch out for a pole on the Mediums !
build
2020-09-12 14:07:20 UTC
http://youtu.be/2KfaKsxkpmU
Very interesting, thank you.
Imola will be more interesting for obvious reasons.
Shame he didn't refer to strategy and more specifics on tyres.
Watch out for a pole on the Mediums !
Nope. They just crawled around on the out lap.
Kudos to Charles ! A bit of help but super lap, well done. Star of Qually me thinks.
Shame about Ocon's car stuffing up the second runs.
AnthonyL
2020-09-11 18:31:37 UTC
On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 12:40:52 +1200, ~misfit~
Post by ~misfit~
http://youtu.be/2KfaKsxkpmU
Perhaps someone should suggest that the trackside warning signs should
be added to the simulations?
--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?
Alan Baker
Cheeky!
keithr0
2020-09-12 06:43:34 UTC
http://youtu.be/2KfaKsxkpmU
Interesting, but I wonder how many teams can afford to do a full track
LIDAR survey to feed into the simulator.
~misfit~
2020-09-12 12:40:53 UTC
http://youtu.be/2KfaKsxkpmU
Interesting, but I wonder how many teams can afford to do a full track LIDAR survey to feed into
the simulator.
He said "we need a LIDAR scan" and from that I thought that perhaps a company would do it and sell
it to the teams rather than Mercedes alone paying for one. Maybe even FOM paying for it as it's a
'new' track? He said it started 3 months ago. Perhaps get Google to drive a modified 'street view'
LIDAR vehicle around the track...

XYXPDQ
2020-09-12 23:55:11 UTC
The pit enter seems a bit iffy. If a slow car tries to enter when a fast car comes around on the outside edge it could get a bit dicey.
Kent Bailer
2020-09-13 00:26:11 UTC
Oh no. Don't scratch the fucking paint.
XYXPDQ
2020-09-13 02:20:13 UTC
Yeah, a 150mph car running into a 100mph car only scratches paint.
geoff
2020-09-13 02:20:53 UTC
Post by XYXPDQ
The pit enter seems a bit iffy. If a slow car tries to enter when a fast car comes around on the outside edge it could get a bit dicey.
Especially seeing the driving=line of choice appears to cut across the
entrance.

geoff
texas gate
2020-09-13 03:41:46 UTC
Especially seeing the driving=line of choice appears to cut across the
entrance.
Form a fucking sentence.
You must have been thinking about trump at the same time.
Wake the fuck up. Get help if needed. Meds on sale in NZ.
Ask misfart