What a farce!
2019-04-26 10:50:41 UTC
FP1 cancelled after a lifting manhole cover destroyed the floor of George
Russell’s Williams. To add insult to injury the crane on the recovery
vehicle then hit a bridge and leaked fluid all over the car!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/48065053
2019-04-26 10:54:32 UTC
FP1 cancelled after a lifting manhole cover destroyed the floor of George
Russell’s Williams. To add insult to injury the crane on the recovery
vehicle then hit a bridge and leaked fluid all over the car!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/48065053
Ouch. Contact with a heavy, solid metal object at 200mph is not
recommended.

You'd have thought that that one cover could be easily resolved, but
checking whether any others might cause the same issue will take time.

There's a definite possibility of a serious or fatal injury if something
like that occurs, so they will be cautious I'd assume.
News
2019-04-26 12:56:13 UTC
FP1 cancelled after a lifting manhole cover destroyed the floor of George
Russell’s Williams. To add insult to injury the crane on the recovery
vehicle then hit a bridge and leaked fluid all over the car!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/48065053
Ouch. Contact with a heavy, solid metal object at 200mph is not
recommended.
You'd have thought that that one cover could be easily resolved, but
checking whether any others might cause the same issue will take time.
There's a definite possibility of a serious or fatal injury if something
like that occurs, so they will be cautious I'd assume.
Ferrari's "major aerodynamic upgrade" sucking the covers off?
Ferrari had gone out early with both cars to try out a major aerodynamic upgrade they have introduced for this weekend.
build
2019-04-27 09:30:06 UTC
FP1 cancelled after a lifting manhole cover destroyed the floor of George
Russell’s Williams. To add insult to injury the crane on the recovery
vehicle then hit a bridge and leaked fluid all over the car!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/48065053
A farce is clever this was simply a hole caused a hole, caused a hole, caused a hole, caused a hole, caused a hole.

In case you've missed the whole picture, I'll explain.

A hole (in the ground) caused a hole (in a car), caused a hole (in a bridge), caused a hole (in a hose), caused a hole (in the TV coverage), caused a hole (in a wallet).

I watched the whole thing so apart from a whole load of rubbish sprouted by a whole lot of pundits, that's the whole story.

I'll leave the holy crap to others.

2019-04-27 21:46:46 UTC
FP1 cancelled after a lifting manhole cover destroyed the floor of
George Russell’s Williams. To add insult to injury the crane on the
recovery vehicle then hit a bridge and leaked fluid all over the
car!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/48065053
A farce is clever...
Huh?