Rich Energy says Haas F1 deal terminated, citing "poor performance"
2019-07-11 00:04:46 UTC
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/144704

Might not be accessible if you're not a subscriber and have run through
your quota of free reads.
Yes, we should strive toward a market that’s rigged
in the least expensive, most transparent, most
efficient, most stable way possible. - Justin Fox
~misfit~
2019-07-11 12:27:24 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/144704
Might not be accessible if you're not a subscriber and have run through your quota of free reads.
Interesting reading, thanks.

Man that William Storey is one shady dude. He's been all over F1 for a year or more now and claimed
to be a long-time fan then in this last week this;

In a statement posted on Twitter on Wednesday, the drinks company also claimed that the "politics
and PC attitude" of F1 is "inhibiting our business".

F1 hasn't changed that much since he guested on Peter Windsors youtube about 9 months ago and
babbled about how he loved F1 and wanted to invest in it.

2019-07-11 12:54:38 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/144704
Man that William Storey is one shady dude.
"Rich Energy's shareholders are understood to be attempting to save the
company's relationship with Haas after a Tweet on Wednesday said the
Formula 1 team's sponsorship deal had been terminated.

"Sources have told Autosport that the Tweet was either written or
authorised by CEO William Storey, without the knowledge of the drinks
firm's investors after an apparent difference of opinion."

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/144709

The Rich Energy livery remains on the Haas cars for now.
News
Did the wire transfer clear?
Sir Tim
2019-07-11 20:58:32 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Post by ~misfit~
Post by Mark Jackson
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/144704
Man that William Storey is one shady dude.
"Rich Energy's shareholders are understood to be attempting to save the
company's relationship with Haas after a Tweet on Wednesday said the
Formula 1 team's sponsorship deal had been terminated.
"Sources have told Autosport that the Tweet was either written or
authorised by CEO William Storey, without the knowledge of the drinks
firm's investors after an apparent difference of opinion."
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/144709
The Rich Energy livery remains on the Haas cars for now.
There has since been a statement from the Rich Energy shareholders:
“Clearly the rogue actions of one individual have caused great
embarrassment. We are in the process of legally removing the individual
from all executive responsibilities."
Mark Jackson
2019-07-12 00:08:56 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Post by ~misfit~
Post by Mark Jackson
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/144704
Man that William Storey is one shady dude.
"Rich Energy's shareholders are understood to be attempting to save the
company's relationship with Haas after a Tweet on Wednesday said the
Formula 1 team's sponsorship deal had been terminated.
"Sources have told Autosport that the Tweet was either written or
authorised by CEO William Storey, without the knowledge of the drinks
firm's investors after an apparent difference of opinion."
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/144709
The Rich Energy livery remains on the Haas cars for now.
“Clearly the rogue actions of one individual have caused great
embarrassment. We are in the process of legally removing the individual
from all executive responsibilities."
And then:

'However, on Thursday evening, a subsequent tweet from the Rich Energy
account contained a statement attributed to Storey that claimed the Haas
statement was the work of supposed minority shareholders and that he
remained in command.

'The tweet read: "The ludicrous statement by minority shareholders cosy
with Red Bull and Whyte Bikes is risible.

'"Their attempted palace coup has failed.

'"I [Storey] control all of the assets of Rich Energy and have support
of all key stakeholders".'

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/144731

Who has the popcorn?
Out Cider

OutCider
t***@gmail.com
2019-07-14 00:10:31 UTC
Post by Out Cider
Wow!
Just: Wow!
--
OutCider
thanks useless
a425couple
2019-07-17 18:29:43 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/144704
Man that William Storey is one shady dude.
"Rich Energy's shareholders are understood to be attempting ---
The Rich Energy livery remains on the Haas cars for now.
“Clearly the rogue actions of one individual have caused great
embarrassment. We are in the process of legally removing the individual
from all executive responsibilities."
'However, on Thursday evening, a subsequent tweet -----
'The tweet read: "The ludicrous statement by minority shareholders
with Red Bull and Whyte Bikes is risible.
'"Their attempted palace coup has failed.
'"I [Storey] control all of the assets of Rich Energy ----
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/144731
Who has the popcorn?
Yeah, as to what Mark said,
WHO HAS THE POPCORN?

I suggest a possibility, ask = What are they paying for???

Publicity - airtime, people are talking!

The very best publicity is what Mercedes gets,
headlines about glorious wins etc.

But, for them, all publicity is GOOD!
For example, in this thread alone, Rich Energy
has gotten 19 posts & headlines.
Wow! Sure more than Williams & Racing Point.
Bigbird
2019-07-17 19:34:33 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by Mark Jackson
[...]
I found the reviews of their product interesting; 50% or more were by
people who had knowledge of the trademark infringement. If I were
studying marketing at uni I would be looking at them as a case study.
--
Trump fact check:
The grand total as of Sunday: 4,913 false claims
That’s the 75th-worst week of his presidency out of 116 weeks so far.
larkim
2019-07-18 06:23:25 UTC
I liked this review

Vijay
2.0 out of 5 starsNot A Great Mixer
I was at a party and recommended this to my friend Claire as a mixer, as she was running low on Martini. Initially it looked good, but the taste was not good and there was a really funny smell - so she was totally left in the lurch and had nothing to offer her guests Robert & Esteban.

However, if you are American and more easy going, or perhaps you aren't too bothered about how it smells or things like due diligence then this is probably the energy drink for you.
Sir Tim
2019-07-18 15:50:17 UTC
I liked this review
Vijay
2.0 out of 5 starsNot A Great Mixer
I was at a party and recommended this to my friend Claire as a mixer, as
she was running low on Martini. Initially it looked good, but the taste
was not good and there was a really funny smell - so she was totally left
in the lurch and had nothing to offer her guests Robert & Esteban.
However, if you are American and more easy going, or perhaps you aren't
too bothered about how it smells or things like due diligence then this
is probably the energy drink for you.
But does it actually give you energy? I’m in serious need of that :-)
2019-07-18 16:11:56 UTC
But does it actually give you energy? I’m in serious need of that :-)
In the same way Red Bull gives you wings. Just don't jump...

2019-07-18 16:23:59 UTC
Post by D Munz
Post by Sir Tim
But does it actually give you energy? I’m in serious need of that :-)
In the same way Red Bull gives you wings. Just don't jump...
Same way performance additive stickers give you at least +10 RWHP.

Even on FWD cars.
geoff
2019-07-18 20:53:26 UTC
Post by D Munz
Post by Sir Tim
But does it actually give you energy? I’m in serious need of that :-)
In the same way Red Bull gives you wings. Just don't jump...
Naa ya can jump - it's fine.

2019-07-18 21:41:11 UTC
Naa ya can jump - it's fine.
http://youtu.be/sKqTe8F18sQ
geoff
You forgot to say when you went to bed.
Out Cider
2019-07-19 09:55:07 UTC
I liked this review
Vijay
2.0 out of 5 starsNot A Great Mixer
I was at a party and recommended this to my friend Claire as a mixer, as
she was running low on Martini. Initially it looked good, but the taste
was not good and there was a really funny smell - so she was totally left
in the lurch and had nothing to offer her guests Robert & Esteban.
However, if you are American and more easy going, or perhaps you aren't
too bothered about how it smells or things like due diligence then this
is probably the energy drink for you.
But does it actually give you energy? I’m in serious need of that :-)
Well, does it contain sugar or other carbohydrates? :-)
OutCider
t***@gmail.com
2019-07-19 01:46:36 UTC
If I were studying marketing at uni
if
~misfit~
2019-07-12 00:43:55 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Post by ~misfit~
Post by Mark Jackson
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/144704
Man that William Storey is one shady dude.
"Rich Energy's shareholders are understood to be attempting to save the
company's relationship with Haas after a Tweet on Wednesday said the
Formula 1 team's sponsorship deal had been terminated.
"Sources have told Autosport that the Tweet was either written or
authorised by CEO William Storey, without the knowledge of the drinks
firm's investors after an apparent difference of opinion."
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/144709
The Rich Energy livery remains on the Haas cars for now.
“Clearly the rogue actions of one individual have caused great
embarrassment. We are in the process of legally removing the individual
from all executive responsibilities."
Here's a reddit thread that's trying to keep tabs on the multitude of conflicting statements over
the last day:

<https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/cbw5pt/a_summary_of_events_related_to_rich_energy_since/>

2019-07-12 08:04:40 UTC
Here's a reddit thread that's trying to keep tabs on the multitude of
conflicting statements over
<https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/cbw5pt/a_summary_of_events_related_to_rich_energy_since/>
Thanks Shaun, good link. Should make a great TV series :-)
m***@yahoo.co.uk
2019-07-12 09:50:51 UTC
certainly a shambles if nothing else

a lesson in f1 re rival sponsors in the same outside market

(bmw kept losing to mercedes so left and rich energy kept losing to red bull so left)

i.e. get a rich company as sponsor who don't have a present rival in f1, or who don't have a rival who will come into f1, or a company who won't lose to a rival team in f1.

easy - eh?
News
It's the Monty Python argument clinic...
~misfit~
2019-07-13 00:00:27 UTC
Here's a reddit thread that's trying to keep tabs on the multitude of
conflicting statements over
<https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/cbw5pt/a_summary_of_events_related_to_rich_energy_since/>
Thanks Shaun, good link. Should make a great TV series :-)
You're welcome. That post is being updated as new news comes to light so it's a good place to find
it all in one place. (There are a few new installments since I posted it.)

For anyone who isn't familiar with reddit some of the sub-reddits can be quite interesting. I
particularly like <https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Technical/> but, as with all fan-submitted sites you
need to have a healthy scepticsim when reading (even though a few F1 tech pundits post there on
occasion).

2019-07-15 08:03:20 UTC
I wonder if the team is being quietly shopped.
News
2019-07-15 13:51:49 UTC
More likely, retired. What is there to sell?
John
2019-07-15 21:03:34 UTC
Aren't there a bunch of financial advantages to buying an existing team rather than trying to set up a completely new one? Also, I doubt the FIA wants the field to shrink to nine rows.
~misfit~
2019-07-15 23:43:09 UTC
Post by John
I wonder if the team is being quietly shopped.
More likely, retired. What is there to sell?
Energy drinks. I was chatting with a guy on reddit who said he buys it by the case and I asked him
for a pic (because I had been led to believe by certain,,, people it was vapourware) and he posted
this <https://imgur.com/fCY7Jte>

2019-07-16 06:47:52 UTC
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rich-Energy-12-Pack-250ml/dp/B07PXSLGY8/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=Rich+energy+drink&qid=1563259233&s=gateway&sr=8-7
2019-07-17 02:50:55 UTC
Post by John
I wonder if the team is being quietly shopped.
More likely, retired. What is there to sell?
Energy drinks. I was chatting with a guy on reddit who said he buys it by
the case and I asked him
for a pic (because I had been led to believe by certain,,, people it was
vapourware) and he posted
this <https://imgur.com/fCY7Jte>
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rich-Energy-12-Pack-250ml/dp/B07PXSLGY8/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=Rich+energy+drink&qid=1563259233&s=gateway&sr=8-7
Thanks. That's probably how he gets them. He said that they end up costing about the same price per
can as Red Bull but are ordered on-line and delivered.

2019-07-19 07:13:00 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/144704
Might not be accessible if you're not a subscriber and have run through
your quota of free reads.
Seems Red Bull have now joined in the Rich Energy publicity fest:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull-files-lawsuit-against-rich-energy-storey/