The Spa-Francorchamps Circuit, is wonderful to tour, and to drive.
Add Reply
a425couple
2020-08-30 03:17:08 UTC
The Spa-Francorchamps Circuit, is wonderful to tour,
and to drive. If you are ever in Northern Europe,
keep it in mind. There are many options from expensive,
down to very reasonable packages.
And remember while you are there, this track is only a
half day's drive from Hockenheim (with it's museum)
or Nurembergring.

https://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/public-driving-experience

https://www.rmatrackdays.com/Circuits/Spa-Francorchamps#:~:text=Spa%20Francorchamps%20is%20without%20doubt,the%20circuit%20has%20to%20offer.

https://rsrspa.com/

https://www.streetmusclemag.com/features/track-day-at-spa-this-is-what-you-need-to-know/

https://www.tracktime.be/en/
(Spa Francorchamps Track Car Rental And Driver Training
...www.tracktime.be › ...
TrackTime provides Spa Francorchamps track car rental for a half day,
full day or multiple days. Ours cars have been specially prepared for
track use and are ... )

https://circuit-days.co.uk/track-days-schedule-spa-francorchamps
CS
2020-08-30 07:47:06 UTC
I've partly done it for free a couple of times when public roads where still using from roughly La Source to the end of the Kemmel Straight. First in a 1969 Morris 1000 Traveller and then in an Austin Allegro 1300.
How things change with the money grabbers out!!
a425couple
2020-08-30 17:04:23 UTC
Post by CS
I've partly done it for free a couple of times when public roads where still using from roughly La Source to the end of the Kemmel Straight. First in a 1969 Morris 1000 Traveller and then in an Austin Allegro 1300.
How things change with the money grabbers out!!
Yes.
Thanks. I'm glad someone else values seeing these
historical places in real life.
One of the things I very much enjoyed, was we got to
the area the afternoon before my track day, and we
drove around the area, and especially toured what
was the original track.
But, of course, being modern and unsentimental, anyone
now can do that using their computer, and Google Maps,
and the Google Street View. That is nice, but it is
not quite the same as being there in person. Oh Dear,
since we were there, they removed all the billboard
signs forming a wall on the outside of old Stavelot!
I'd been surprised that they were still there many years
after the general use of that road had decreased.
Sir Tim
2020-08-30 18:49:39 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by CS
[...]
A few years ago I spent a happy weekend at Spa as part of the pit crew for
a friend who was entered in the Historic 6 hour race. Didn’t have time to
investigate the old circuit but I did cycle up Eau Rouge and can testify
that it is a lot steeper than it looks on TV 😊
XYXPDQ
2020-08-30 19:10:10 UTC
Another great race today even with out Spa's legendary rain.
a425couple
2020-08-31 01:17:33 UTC
Post by XYXPDQ
Another great race today even with out Spa's legendary rain.
Yes indeed, it does seem to rain a lot.
We were there in April, and it rained several
times during the day.