Reverse Grid Sprint Race
CS
2020-09-08 17:22:57 UTC
After Monza,Reverse Grid Sprint Race instead of Saturday qualifying seems to be back on F1 agenda from Ross Brawn. Perhaps a trial weekend once the Championships have been decided, which are likely to be a few races short of the season end.
News
2020-09-08 17:35:40 UTC
Post by CS
After Monza,Reverse Grid Sprint Race instead of Saturday qualifying seems to be back on F1 agenda from Ross Brawn. Perhaps a trial weekend once the Championships have been decided, which are likely to be a few races short of the season end.
The resulting mayhem should revive the spectacle.

How about bring back hot refueling, too?
geoff
2020-09-08 21:36:44 UTC
Post by CS
After Monza,Reverse Grid Sprint Race instead of Saturday qualifying seems to be back on F1 agenda from Ross Brawn. Perhaps a trial weekend once the Championships have been decided, which are likely to be a few races short of the season end.
Certainly would be fun, but comes across as a gimmick to me.

2020-09-08 22:20:13 UTC
Post by CS
After Monza,Reverse Grid Sprint Race instead of Saturday qualifying
seems to be back on F1 agenda from Ross Brawn. Perhaps a trial weekend
once the Championships have been decided, which are likely to be a few
races short of the season end.
Certainly would be fun, but comes across as a gimmick to me.
And DRS is not?

Mandatory two compound rule?

Qualifying in three sessions only to provide more show?
geoff
2020-09-08 22:59:42 UTC
Post by CS
After Monza,Reverse Grid Sprint Race instead of Saturday qualifying
seems to be back on F1 agenda from Ross Brawn. Perhaps a trial
weekend once the Championships have been decided, which are likely to
be a few races short of the season end.
Certainly would be fun, but comes across as a gimmick to me.
And DRS is not?
Mandatory two compound rule?
Qualifying in three sessions only to provide more show?
Yes, far more of a gimmick than any of those.

geoff
Bob Latham
2020-09-09 11:19:40 UTC
Post by CS
After Monza,Reverse Grid Sprint Race instead of Saturday qualifying
seems to be back on F1 agenda from Ross Brawn. Perhaps a trial
weekend once the Championships have been decided, which are likely to
be a few races short of the season end.
Certainly would be fun, but comes across as a gimmick to me.
And DRS is not?
Mandatory two compound rule?
Qualifying in three sessions only to provide more show?
Yes, far more of a gimmick than any of those.
It is I agree.

I don't like the tyre rules or the DRS.

Seems to me F1 is saying - our sport is boring and not worth watching
so we'll do the most stupid things to try to make it interesting.

They near immediately ban any good idea a team has to improve and so
find; no F-duct, ground effect, DAS, Active suspension etc. etc.
So what's the point of having ideas or innovation. That is killing my
interest in F1.

Then playing silly games with reversed grids or BE's watering the
track nonsense, again ruins the credibility of F1.

YNNV.

Bob.
News
2020-09-09 20:47:49 UTC
Post by Bob Latham
Post by CS
[...]
Mayhem would revive the spectacle.

Bring back hot refueling, too.
Sir Tim
2020-09-10 08:10:53 UTC
Post by Bob Latham
Post by CS
[...]
Certainly would, but that would not necessarily be a good thing for F1
Post by News
Bring back hot refueling, too.
No, no, NO!
2020-09-10 10:18:03 UTC
Post by News
Bring back hot refueling, too.
No, no, NO!
Nothing like a bit of splash and flash ;-O