Ferrari must be desperate...
2018-03-16 01:03:13 UTC
... they are hiring an FIA official with knowledge of other teams cars and
tricks.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-motor-f1-ferrari-mclaren/mclaren-say-ferrari-broke-agreement-with-mekies-move-idUSKCN1GR32Q

(There are lots of other sites covering this as well.)

When a similar thing happened at the end of last year I stated my opinion
that anyone who takes a job for the FIA in a role where they will be privvy
to teams IP should be disqualified from ever working with any F1 team.
Period. In retrospect maybe there should be a five-year stand-down period?

Renault are looking good this year for fourth in the championship - a decent
step-up from last year. How much of that is due to the knowledge that Marcin
Budkowski bought to the team towards the end of last year? It seems that
FErrari are impressed with the move and, in true F1 tradition are copying
it.

It needs to stop IMO.

2018-03-16 02:51:45 UTC
[...]
I doubt it can. Only FIA can actually legislate around this, but that would be restraint of trade or something. Though there will be a period of gardening leave.

But “One would have thought that after all these years F1 people would know that a gentlemen’s agreement in F1 is as worthless as a chocolate fireguard". Indeed. Don't they ever learn. This is what happened to FOTA and the RRA. Everybody shook hands, but with no legislation and thus no penalty, anybody could walk away if it suited them too.