Kimi passed Lewis under yellow?
m***@yahoo.co.uk
2018-04-15 14:35:40 UTC
re china - when vestappen and vettel collided and lewis was then passed by kimi at the scene, was that not a pass under a waving yellow flag?

I couldn't see a green flag so near the collision - it would have been waving much further beyond? having said that though I couldn't see where the yellows were waving either.

is the rule different if you are right behind an accident compared with a little further back? or was the yellow waving further back up the track and lewis/kimi were already beyond that point by the time it waved?

or was lewis leaving the circuit a factor?
Alister
2018-04-15 16:05:51 UTC
Post by m***@yahoo.co.uk
re china - when vestappen and vettel collided and lewis was then passed
by kimi at the scene, was that not a pass under a waving yellow flag?
I couldn't see a green flag so near the collision - it would have been
waving much further beyond? having said that though I couldn't see where
the yellows were waving either.
is the rule different if you are right behind an accident compared with
a little further back? or was the yellow waving further back up the
track and lewis/kimi were already beyond that point by the time it
waved?
or was lewis leaving the circuit a factor?
leaving the circuit was probably a factor
also it is quite possibly that the marshals had not yet had time to react
& start waving the flags at that time.
--
The modern child will answer you back before you've said anything.
-- Laurence J. Peter