Ferrari Army cheating again ?
2019-06-21 11:18:31 UTC

2019-06-21 11:52:21 UTC
http://youtu.be/I1RYmUxUqso
geoff
Ok, that was actually pretty cool but what does it have to do with Ferrari?

2019-06-21 23:42:42 UTC
Post by D Munz
Post by geoff
http://youtu.be/I1RYmUxUqso
geoff
Ok, that was actually pretty cool but what does it have to do with Ferrari?
The common term "Ferrari Army", the name of the dragster = light-hearted
joke post with possibly a little intersest for those in F1 on the
technical side.

Lighten up for f*** sake.

2019-06-21 12:08:12 UTC
http://youtu.be/I1RYmUxUqso
geoff
That's got nothing to do with Ferrari!

"11,000-hp HEMI V-8 engine time-lapse: DSR’s U.S. Army NHRA Top Fuel dragster | Redline Rebuild S2E3".

I miss working on ICEs. I can only imagine the luxury of using those engine stands. When I worked
at an engine reconditoners I stripped the engines on the floor (on a thick blanket) and put all of
the parts into mesh baskets for the over-night soak in the cleaning vat. Hard on the back doing
that all day!

At least they were assembled on a low table. My main job was stripping engines, machining ring
gaps, cutting valve seats, re-facing valves and 'planing' the head and block surfaces. Then honing
the bores and lapping the valves in. Most of the assembly was done by our aero-certified engineer,
especially the race engines.

Seeing them lapping the valves and honing the bores (and cam tunnel) really bought back memories.

2019-06-21 23:44:06 UTC
. My main job was ....... machining ring gaps,
That will get texarse hard for sure.