Mercedes
2020-06-03 13:59:53 UTC
Now that we have a green light for the season, does anyone know if MERC are still planning to use that pushy-turny kit this year?

I'm still curious how/if it works well in a race but I can't remember if its been banned or not (or they just gave up on it.)

TIA
DLM
Mark
2020-06-03 14:29:27 UTC
Post by D Munz
Now that we have a green light for the season, does anyone know if
MERC are still planning to use that pushy-turny kit this year?
I'm still curious how/if it works well in a race but I can't remember
if its been banned or not (or they just gave up on it.)
I haven't heard that it's banned - I assumed the other teams would wait
until the point of no-return and challenge it hoping it would upset and
derail Mercedes plans.

Others may know more...
Mark Jackson
2020-06-03 14:42:34 UTC
Post by D Munz
Now that we have a green light for the season, does anyone know if
MERC are still planning to use that pushy-turny kit this year?
I'm still curious how/if it works well in a race but I can't remember
if its been banned or not (or they just gave up on it.)
Dual axis steering (DAS) is banned under the 2021 regulations but AIUI
still legal in 2020.
E Lengeege weth e smell nember ef vewels cen remeen
qeete expresseve. - Steven Pinker
Geoff May
2020-06-03 15:26:54 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Post by D Munz
Now that we have a green light for the season, does anyone know if
MERC are still planning to use that pushy-turny kit this year?
I'm still curious how/if it works well in a race but I can't remember
if its been banned or not (or they just gave up on it.)
Dual axis steering (DAS) is banned under the 2021 regulations but AIUI
still legal in 2020.
There is an article on Pitpass about that today:
https://www.pitpass.com/67026/FIA-didnt-believe-Mercedes-could-get-DAS-to-work

Cheers

Geoff