It's off! It's on again.
2020-05-09 11:21:58 UTC
Two days ago the were preparing us for the season being cancelled ;
today it looking as close to starting in July as it has been since this
started.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/08/f1-on-track-july-resumption-drivers-association-safety-plan-coronavirus
--
"However much you deny the truth, the truth goes on existing."
~ George Orwell

Impeached President Trump 16,241 false or misleading claims in his
first three years

"So if you only watch Fox News, because it's
reinforcing what you believe, you are not an informed citizen."
Dan the Man
2020-05-09 22:04:08 UTC
Two days ago the were preparing us for the season being cancelled ;
today it looking as close to starting in July as it has been since this
started.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/08/f1-on-track-july-resumption-drivers-association-safety-plan-coronavirus
--
"However much you deny the truth, the truth goes on existing."
~ George Orwell
Impeached President Trump 16,241 false or misleading claims in his
first three years
"So if you only watch Fox News, because it's
reinforcing what you believe, you are not an informed citizen."
FWIW, there's supposed to be a NASCAR Cup race next Sunday with no fans in attendance.

Dan
b***@topmail.co.nz
2020-05-17 00:37:22 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
FWIW, there's supposed to be a NASCAR Cup race next Sunday with no fans in attendance.
Supercars (Australia) will restart last weekend in June without spectators.
Looks like a short season with half a dozen races.
~misfit~
2020-05-17 11:03:29 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Dan the Man
FWIW, there's supposed to be a NASCAR Cup race next Sunday with no fans in attendance.
Supercars (Australia) will restart last weekend in June without spectators.
Looks like a short season with half a dozen races.
I don't know what they were but there were cars racing this weekend here at Pukekohe, both Saturday
and Sunday. I could hear them from my place (~3kms away) so it wasn't a track day, Formula Ford or
similar. I should've maybe gone for a look....

2020-05-18 09:55:11 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Dan the Man
FWIW, there's supposed to be a NASCAR Cup race next Sunday with no fans in attendance.
Supercars (Australia) will restart last weekend in June without spectators.
Looks like a short season with half a dozen races.
I don't know what they were but there were cars racing this weekend here at Pukekohe, both Saturday
and Sunday. I could hear them from my place (~3kms away) so it wasn't a track day, Formula Ford or
similar. I should've maybe gone for a look....
That would be a first. But a damned good idea.

And, you said you don't follow bikes?
Brian Lawrence
2020-05-18 10:25:26 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Dan the Man
FWIW, there's supposed to be a NASCAR Cup race next Sunday with no fans in attendance.
Supercars (Australia) will restart last weekend in June without spectators.
Looks like a short season with half a dozen races.
I don't know what they were but there were cars racing this weekend here
at Pukekohe, both Saturday and Sunday. I could hear them from my place
(~3kms away) so it wasn't a track day, Formula Ford or similar. I
should've maybe gone for a look....
https://www.pukekohepark.co.nz/book/D9pdLZBbn8kIgsHNj27kZIES/

"Test Day/Playday (Cars Only) 23rd May 4 ticketing options available

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OUR TEST DAY/PLAY DAYS. As NZ moves into
Alert Level 2 on Thursday 14 May 2020, we are delighted to announce that
our test days will again be able to operate, adhering to strict
guidelines. Only people that have ..."
~misfit~
2020-05-19 01:59:54 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Dan the Man
FWIW, there's supposed to be a NASCAR Cup race next Sunday with no fans in attendance.
Supercars (Australia) will restart last weekend in June without spectators.
Looks like a short season with half a dozen races.
I don't know what they were but there were cars racing this weekend here at Pukekohe, both
Saturday and Sunday. I could hear them from my place (~3kms away) so it wasn't a track day,
Formula Ford or similar. I should've maybe gone for a look....
   https://www.pukekohepark.co.nz/book/D9pdLZBbn8kIgsHNj27kZIES/
"Test Day/Playday (Cars Only)    23rd May  4 ticketing options available
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OUR TEST DAY/PLAY DAYS. As NZ moves into Alert Level 2 on Thursday 14
May 2020, we are delighted to announce that our test days will again be able to operate, adhering
to strict guidelines. Only people that have ..."
Thanks for that. As that's this weekend coming I can only assume that they had a similar thing
going on last weekend - or maybe it was a private thing as, going by the sounds some of our top
drivers / cars were out for the day. Maybe the local V8 booked the track.

Ok found this: <https://www.pukekohepark.co.nz/calendar/> which shows it was a similar day. A lot
of the top teams / race tuners are based here so they'd have been able to get cars to the track at
relatively short notice. It must have been bikes that I heard on the Sunday, normally I only hear
the really loud cars from here. Oh hang on, it was a still weekend and the wind was coming from
that direction (normally the prevailing winds blow the other way). We're in an unusual weather
pattern lately.

Cheers,

2020-05-10 01:35:29 UTC
Two days ago the were preparing us for the season being cancelled ;
today it looking as close to starting in July as it has been since this
started.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/08/f1-on-track-july-resumption-drivers-association-safety-plan-coronavirus
Reading that it seems like Wurz is a real bought and paid for 'company man'.

2020-05-10 15:58:14 UTC
Reading that it seems like Wurz is a real bought and paid for 'company man'.
Predictable negativity you miserable bitch.
Don't watch the race then and go fuck yourself.