**2020 Pool** Race 8, Italian GP
Add Reply
Mark
2020-09-02 11:21:41 UTC
Please post your predictions for the GP in Italy before the start
of P1 on 04/09/2020. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.

Pole position:

P1:
P2:
P3:

There is a web page here where you can see the points/predictions as
they stand as well as looking at past competitions/scoring systems:

http://www.conmy.co.uk/f1/f1.cgi

Track (Monza) 04/09/2020 10:00 CEST
Austin 04/09/2020 03:00 CDT
West Coast USA 04/09/2020 01:00 PDT
East Coast USA 04/09/2020 04:00 EDT
Ireland/Portugal/UK 04/09/2020 09:00 BST
Central Europe 04/09/2020 10:00 CEST
Most of Arabia 04/09/2020 11:00 AST
Most of Arabia 04/09/2020 11:00 AST
Russia/Oman/UAE 04/09/2020 12:00 GST
Russia/Oman/UAE 04/09/2020 12:00 GST
China 04/09/2020 16:00 CST
Japan/Korea 04/09/2020 17:00 JST
Perth 04/09/2020 16:00 AWST
Adelaide/Darwin 04/09/2020 17:30 ACST
Melbourne/Canberra/Sydney 04/09/2020 18:00 AEST
New Zealand 04/09/2020 20:00 NZST
Russia 04/09/2020 11:00 MSK
Ukraine 04/09/2020 11:00 MSK
Mark
2020-09-02 11:22:15 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: VER
P3: BOT
Martin Harran
2020-09-02 11:30:47 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: VER
P3: BOT
D Munz
2020-09-02 12:51:06 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: BOT
P3: NOR
Mark Jackson
2020-09-02 15:03:24 UTC
Pole position: Hamilton

P1: Hamilton
P2: Bottas
P3: Ricciardo
If central bank intervention can't do the trick,
what hope *is* there?
- Alex Masterley (Peattie & Taylor)
Darryl Johnson
2020-09-02 15:06:04 UTC
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in Italy before the start
of P1 on 04/09/2020. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
Pole position: HAM
P1: HAM
P2: BOT
P3: VER
I concede to the -- apparently -- inevitable and abandon my fervent
hope that Albon, Perez, Ricciardo or Stroll might nab a podium finish.
<sigh>
Mark
2020-09-02 15:20:43 UTC
Post by Darryl Johnson
I concede to the -- apparently -- inevitable and abandon my fervent
hope that Albon, Perez, Ricciardo or Stroll might nab a podium finish.
<sigh>
If there is a major disappointment for me this season, it's the fact
that (seemingly) Mercedes have an almost unlimited capacity for
incremental improvement that keeps them accelerating away from the
competition. All of the interesting racing is happening down the field.

Great to see some of the great racing and general squabbling on track,
but it's not at the front.
Jimbo
2020-09-02 15:26:35 UTC
Pole position: BOT

P1: HAM
P2: BOT
P3: VER
Sir Tim
2020-09-02 19:40:54 UTC
Pole position: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: BOT
P3: VER
2020-09-02 23:54:21 UTC
Pole position: BOT

P1: HAM
P2: VER
P3: RIC

It seems that, with this very consistent season I shot down any chance I had of heading the pool
again by picking Norris twice at Silverstone so I might as well get (slightly) more adventurous
with my picks.

There's a chance that Bottas will respond to not being allowed to get reckless in the last race
with pole now. He seems to do well when he drives like he's got something to prove but I'm gambling
on him carrying that over into the race and over-cooking it. (He's good at that over a qually lap
but he often lacks the steely will somewhat to maintain driving on the ragged edge for a whole race
- if they ever get close to that edge in the race.)

I just hope that he doesn't take Hamilton out with him. Perhaps he'll tangle and I should have
dropped one of the other front-runners from my race results?

My pick for Ferrari at 'The Temple of Speed': double DNF. There's a good chance that they'll lock
in their highest engine modes for qually and race and the PUs will grenade.

Thanks Mark, I never doubted you for a second.

Hornplayer9599
2020-09-03 02:23:02 UTC
Post by Mark
Please post your predictions for the GP in Italy before the start
of P1 on 04/09/2020. Times for various timezones appear below, but
the cutoff is start of practice.
Pole: HAM

P1: HAM
P2: VES
P3: BOT
--
I don’t judge people based on color, race, religion, sexuality, gender,
ability, or size.
I base it on whether or not they’re an asshole.
Ar
2020-09-03 17:11:03 UTC
On 02/09/2020 12:21, Mark wrote:

Pole position: Lewis Hamilton