Leclerc to Ferrari?
keithr0
2018-06-22 09:59:46 UTC
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/136898/ferrari-ready-to-replace-raikkonen-with-leclerc

Ricciardo considered to be too expensive.
~misfit~
2018-06-22 10:32:05 UTC
Post by keithr0
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/136898/ferrari-ready-to-replace-raikkonen-with-leclerc
Ricciardo considered to be too expensive.
So a lot of gossip and speculation prefaced by "Autosport has learned" with
no source quoted then "A final decision has not been made but Ferrari is
understood to be leaning towards promoting Leclerc to a race seat."

So a whole lot of hot air with no substance. I could make as many guesses.
Oh hang on, some hard facts maybe...

"Asked by Autosport on Thursday in France, ahead of this week's race, about
his position on extending his F1 career, Raikkonen said he was "not any
different to one week, two weeks, a month ago".

Nope, no change there. What a story!!!! Even the "Ricciardo considered too
expensive" part is qualified with "when combined with Vettel's salary".
Don't they remember 2014? They don't need Vettel if the get Ricciardo so
he's not too expensive.

Crybaby, tit fuck.
John
2018-06-22 19:50:50 UTC
Leclerc has looked good so far but not exceptional. As for money, I think Ferrari could afford any two drivers they want (like RB and Merc).
build
2018-06-29 14:01:17 UTC
Leclerc is at the pointy end of all the rookies we have seen in the last ten years.
Sir Tim
2018-06-29 15:32:50 UTC
Post by John
Leclerc has looked good so far but not exceptional. As for money, I
think Ferrari could afford any two drivers they want (like RB and Merc).
Leclerc is at the pointy end of all the rookies we have seen in the last ten years.
He certainly is. Traditionally Ferrari have not been keen to take on young
drivers but surely Leclerc would be the perfect fit: intelligent and quick
- but not quick enough to beat Seb (at least not yet) - his talent should
come to fruition at just about the time Vettel is ready to retire.

Verstappen, Leclerc, Ocon, Gasly, Vandoorne - the future looks bright.
2018-06-29 17:25:31 UTC
Most of us only see what they put in the broadcast. The teams view of drivers is of course much deeper.
Sir Tim
2018-06-29 18:47:41 UTC
Post by John
Post by build
Post by John
Leclerc has looked good so far but not exceptional. As for money, I
think Ferrari could afford any two drivers they want (like RB and Merc).
Leclerc is at the pointy end of all the rookies we have seen in the last ten years.
Most of us only see what they put in the broadcast. The teams view of
drivers is of course much deeper.
Agreed, but Leclerc, like several other drivers who turned out to be great,
has been consistently putting the Sauber where it has no right to be.

I can foresee Verstappen/Leclerc duels similar to the Senna/Prost battles
of the past.
2018-06-30 12:23:25 UTC
Post by John
Post by build
Post by John
Leclerc has looked good so far but not exceptional. As for money, I
think Ferrari could afford any two drivers they want (like RB and Merc).
Leclerc is at the pointy end of all the rookies we have seen in the last ten years.
Most of us only see what they put in the broadcast. The teams view of
drivers is of course much deeper.
The Ferrari team, at least, seems to agree with us proles if La Gazzetta
dello Sport is to be believed.