Raikkonen Doesn't Need The Help
Heron
2019-06-29 20:19:36 UTC
"Totally deserved the penalty today and have no problem accepting
it," said Hamilton later. "Was a mistake on my behalf and I take
full responsibility for it. It wasn't intentional.
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-penalised-impeding-raikkonen-austria/4485207/

Unlike the supercilious, pretentious newsgroup's clown prince,
Lewis apparently doesn't understand that it should NOT have
been a penalty because, after all, it wasn't intentional.
Mower Man
2019-06-29 20:40:28 UTC
Post by Heron
"Totally deserved the penalty today and have no problem accepting
it," said Hamilton later. "Was a mistake on my behalf and I take
full responsibility for it. It wasn't intentional.
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-penalised-impeding-raikkonen-austria/4485207/
Unlike the supercilious, pretentious newsgroup's clown prince,
Lewis apparently doesn't understand that it should NOT have
been a penalty because, after all, it wasn't intentional.
Intention is irrelevant - Raikkonen was impeded. End of.

However, Hamilton will start from 4th, not 5th, because of the way in
which penalties are applied.

---
5th.
Heron

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.what-to-watch-for-in-the-2019-austrian-grand-prix.19QGLTh2pKhulIjMlO47gW.html
~misfit~
2019-06-30 02:48:32 UTC
Post by Mower Man
Post by Heron
"Totally deserved the penalty today and have no problem accepting
it," said Hamilton later. "Was a mistake on my behalf and I take
full responsibility for it. It wasn't intentional.
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-penalised-impeding-raikkonen-austria/4485207/
Unlike the supercilious, pretentious newsgroup's clown prince,
Lewis apparently doesn't understand that it should NOT have
been a penalty because, after all, it wasn't intentional.
Intention is irrelevant - Raikkonen was impeded. End of.
However, Hamilton will start from 4th, not 5th, because of the way in
which penalties are applied.
---
5th.
Less than 2 minutes so you should be good.

Out Cider
2019-07-02 10:54:30 UTC
Post by Mower Man
Post by Heron
"Totally deserved the penalty today and have no problem accepting
it," said Hamilton later. "Was a mistake on my behalf and I take
full responsibility for it. It wasn't intentional.
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-penalised-impeding-raikkonen-austria/4485207/
Unlike the supercilious, pretentious newsgroup's clown prince,
Lewis apparently doesn't understand that it should NOT have
been a penalty because, after all, it wasn't intentional.
Intention is irrelevant - Raikkonen was impeded. End of.
However, Hamilton will start from 4th, not 5th, because of the way in
which penalties are applied.
---
5th.
http://youtu.be/3Cj6WJBD_GE Less than 2 minutes so you should be good.
To me that video made no sense at all.

First, Magnussen's 5-place penalty applied, and he was dropped SIX
places from position 6 to 11. Then Hamilton's 3-place penalty was
applied and he was dropped THREE places from position 2 to 5. Then the
gaps were closed. As I said, this makes absolutely no sense because the
penalties are applied differently: 6 positions for the 5-position
penalty, and 3 positions for the 3-position penalty. Even F1 isn't this
deranged.

If someone _really_ knows better, please correct me, but my
understanding of how it really goes is as follows:

Magnussen's 5-place penalty is applied by moving him down SIX places, as
shown in the video. So he goes to position 11, and all drivers from
11-20 are dropped down one place to 12-21, respectively. There is now an
empty space at position 5.

Then, and this is different from what was shown in the video, Hamilton's
3-place penalty is applied by moving him down *FOUR* places, from position
2 to 6. All drivers between position 6-21 are moved down one place to
positions 7-22. There now are gaps at positions 2 and 5.

Now, and only now, the gaps are closed, and everyone move to their final
start positions 1-20.

To me it looks that the video happens to get the right result by
accident.
OutCider
Bigbird
2019-07-02 13:26:29 UTC
Post by Out Cider
First, Magnussen's 5-place penalty applied, and he was dropped SIX
places from position 6 to 11.
No he was dropped 5 places i.e. to behind the five drivers directly
behind him.
Post by Out Cider
If someone really knows better, please correct me,
You're welcome.
--
Trump fact check:
The grand total as of Sunday: 4,913 false claims
That’s the 75th-worst week of his presidency out of 116 weeks so far.
t***@gmail.com
2019-07-02 18:53:04 UTC
You're welcome.
You're an idiot.
Out Cider
2019-07-02 21:10:47 UTC
Post by Out Cider
First, Magnussen's 5-place penalty applied, and he was dropped SIX
places from position 6 to 11.
No he was dropped 5 places i.e. to behind the five drivers directly
behind him.
Yes, you can see it that way. But if that is the case, what happens to
Hamilton, who is dropped only behind two drivers directly behind him? If
it doesn't go the way I suggested, I am honestly at a loss at what
happens. The video still makes no sense to me.
OutCider
Out Cider
2019-07-02 21:19:43 UTC
Post by Out Cider
Post by Bigbird
Post by Out Cider
First, Magnussen's 5-place penalty applied, and he was dropped SIX
places from position 6 to 11.
No he was dropped 5 places i.e. to behind the five drivers directly
behind him.
Yes, you can see it that way. But if that is the case, what happens to
Hamilton, who is dropped only behind two drivers directly behind him? If
it doesn't go the way I suggested, I am honestly at a loss at what
happens. The video still makes no sense to me.
Agh, I really messed this up... As shown in the video, and UNlike I
wrote, Magnussed started as 5th, and he was moved to position 11, which
is six positions down. However, as 5th place was left empty, his net
loss would have been 5 places unless other penalties were awarded.

Sigh, by this one mistake I made my question so much more unclear.
OutCider
Alan Baker
2019-07-02 20:29:14 UTC
Post by Out Cider
Post by ~misfit~
Post by Mower Man
Post by Heron
[...]
Well it would help if your arithmetic skills were better for a start...

If you're in 6th:

A 1 place drop puts you in 7th
2 places->8th
3 places->9th
4 places->10
5 places...

...11th!
accident.
t***@gmail.com
2019-07-02 20:49:08 UTC
Well it would help if your arithmetic skills were better for a start...
Well it would help if you were not a cunt, like bigturd, for a start.
Out Cider
2019-07-02 21:17:30 UTC
Post by Out Cider
Post by ~misfit~
http://youtu.be/3Cj6WJBD_GE Less than 2 minutes so you should be good.
To me that video made no sense at all.
First, Magnussen's 5-place penalty applied, and he was dropped SIX
places from position 6 to 11. Then Hamilton's 3-place penalty was
applied and he was dropped THREE places from position 2 to 5. Then the
gaps were closed. As I said, this makes absolutely no sense because the
penalties are applied differently: 6 positions for the 5-position
penalty, and 3 positions for the 3-position penalty. Even F1 isn't this
deranged.
Well it would help if your arithmetic skills were better for a start...
The problem was not with my arithmetic skills. However, there was a
typo. Magnusson started up 5th, but ended up 11th after a 5-place
penalty, with place 5 left empty.
Post by Alan Baker
A 1 place drop puts you in 7th
2 places->8th
3 places->9th
4 places->10
5 places...
...11th!
Except, unlike what I wrote, he started up as 5th. I tried to proofread
my post, but missed that error, and thus made a message that confused
even more, of which I apologize.
OutCider
~misfit~
2019-07-02 23:02:31 UTC
Post by Out Cider
Post by ~misfit~
Post by Mower Man
Post by Heron
[...]
Well he does say he's unsure and it's unnecessarily messy. He's just explaining what the FIA said
happened.

2019-07-03 05:09:03 UTC
Well he does say he's unsure and it's unnecessarily messy. He's just explaining what the FIA said
happened.
The british pool is ready. Make your pics asshole.
You were crying about time restraints.
And can you use defaults, if late,
because you are
fucking stupid, whiny, crybaby. oh poor
me on my government hand outs.
Fucking moron.

Bigbird
2019-06-30 05:28:33 UTC
https://www.fia.com/file/82992/download
Alan Baker
2019-06-30 00:56:05 UTC
Post by Mower Man
Post by Heron
"Totally deserved the penalty today and have no problem accepting
it," said Hamilton later. "Was a mistake on my behalf and I take
full responsibility for it. It wasn't intentional.
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-penalised-impeding-raikkonen-austria/4485207/
Unlike the supercilious, pretentious newsgroup's clown prince,
Lewis apparently doesn't understand that it should NOT have
been a penalty because, after all, it wasn't intentional.
Intention is irrelevant - Raikkonen was impeded. End of.
I haven't read the exact wording of the rules regarding impeding another
driver...

...but I'm betting you haven't either.

Intention isn't ALWAYS relevant. Neglecting to do what you should have
done is another way one can be in violation of the rules.

You DO realize that the stewards rationale for penalizing Vettel in
Canada actually confirms that intention DID matter in that context, right?
geoff
2019-06-30 06:44:46 UTC
Post by Heron
"Totally deserved the penalty today and have no problem accepting
it," said Hamilton later. "Was a mistake on my behalf and I take
full responsibility for it. It wasn't intentional.
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-penalised-impeding-raikkonen-austria/4485207/
Unlike the supercilious, pretentious newsgroup's clown prince,
Lewis apparently doesn't understand that it should NOT have
been a penalty because, after all, it wasn't intentional.
Maybe not intention, but inept. So he accepted the blame.

2019-06-30 07:31:09 UTC
Post by Heron
"Totally deserved the penalty today and have no problem accepting
it," said Hamilton later. "Was a mistake on my behalf and I take
full responsibility for it. It wasn't intentional.
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-penalised-impeding-raikkonen-austria/4485207/
Unlike the supercilious, pretentious newsgroup's clown prince,
Lewis apparently doesn't understand that it should NOT have
been a penalty because, after all, it wasn't intentional.
Maybe not intention, but inept. So he accepted the blame.
Rightly so.

He got radio messages that both Alfa drivers were coming and he should
have figured out how to stay off line.
Martin Harran
2019-07-01 07:36:29 UTC
Post by Heron
"Totally deserved the penalty today and have no problem accepting
it," said Hamilton later. "Was a mistake on my behalf and I take
full responsibility for it. It wasn't intentional.
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-penalised-impeding-raikkonen-austria/4485207/
Unlike the supercilious, pretentious newsgroup's clown prince,
Lewis apparently doesn't understand that it should NOT have
been a penalty because, after all, it wasn't intentional.
"Hamilton also incurred a penalty point for the offence, which now
stands as the single point on his licence for the past 12-month
period."

Something else the haters try to ignore.
larkim
2019-07-01 15:09:32 UTC
Post by Martin Harran
Post by Heron
"Totally deserved the penalty today and have no problem accepting
it," said Hamilton later. "Was a mistake on my behalf and I take
full responsibility for it. It wasn't intentional.
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-penalised-impeding-raikkonen-austria/4485207/
Unlike the supercilious, pretentious newsgroup's clown prince,
Lewis apparently doesn't understand that it should NOT have
been a penalty because, after all, it wasn't intentional.
"Hamilton also incurred a penalty point for the offence, which now
stands as the single point on his licence for the past 12-month
period."
Something else the haters try to ignore.
Driver Points Next points dropped
Lance Stroll 8 01.07.19 (3 points)
Max Verstappen 7 02.09.19 (2 points)
Esteban Ocon 6 06.10.19 (2 points)
Fernando Alonso 6 07.10.19 (1 points)
Romain Grosjean 5 16.09.19 (2 points)
Daniel Ricciardo 5 28.04.20 (2 points)
Carlos Sainz Jr. 4 22.07.19 (2 points)
Valtteri Bottas 4 29.07.19 (2 points)
Sergio Perez 4 16.09.19 (3 points)
Sebastian Vettel 4 19.10.19 (2 points)
Pierre Gasly 3 08.07.19 (2 points)
Nico Hulkenberg 3 26.08.19 (3 points)
Antonio Giovinazzi 3 25.05.20 (1 points)
Kevin Magnussen 3 26.05.20 (1 points)
Kimi Raikkonen 2 08.07.19 (2 points)
Sergey Sirotkin 2 16.09.19 (2 points)
Brendon Hartley 2 28.10.19 (2 points)
Stoffel Vandoorne 2 11.11.19 (2 points)
Daniil Kvyat 2 14.04.20 (2 points)
Lewis Hamilton 1 29.06.20 (1 points)
George Russell 1 29.06.20 (1 points)

Norris isn't on there, nor Leclerc or Kubica. But nonetheless, Hamilton is
not causing too much wrath in terms of race officials.
~misfit~
2019-07-02 00:55:40 UTC
Post by Martin Harran
Post by Heron
[...]
So as it's now 2019.07.01 or later that means Max's at the top of the list where he should be while
Stroll only has 5 points.

Out Cider
2019-07-02 10:57:07 UTC
Driver Points Next points dropped
[...]
Kimi Raikkonen 2 08.07.19 (2 points)
[...]
Norris isn't on there, nor Leclerc or Kubica.
And neither will Kimi by the next race.
Post by larkim
But nonetheless, Hamilton is
not causing too much wrath in terms of race officials.
True.
--
OutCider