Show of hands: who here happily pontificating...
2020-07-21 23:19:56 UTC
...has actually raced in open wheel (not including the local for-fun
kart track)?

(Hand up! Formula F[ord] since 2013.

...has at least raced on a road course?

(I've also raced a Civic CRX with a big motor swap, and as Spec Miata).

...has raced any kind of closed course?

...done a track day?

(I've instructed at track days as I do for racing)

...anything?

Don't be shy.

:-)
geoff
2020-07-22 00:34:17 UTC
...has actually raced in open wheel (not including the local for-fun
kart track)?
(Hand up! Formula F[ord] since 2013.
...has at least raced on a road course?
(I've also raced a Civic CRX with a big motor swap, and as Spec Miata).
...has raced any kind of closed course?
...done a track day?
(I've instructed at track days as I do for racing)
...anything?
Don't be shy.
:-)
We all concede that you are indeed the GOAT. And none of we others know
or can reason anything.

2020-07-22 01:19:49 UTC
We all concede
Who is 'we'?
Alan Baker
2020-07-22 01:21:45 UTC
...has actually raced in open wheel (not including the local for-fun
kart track)?
(Hand up! Formula F[ord] since 2013.
...has at least raced on a road course?
(I've also raced a Civic CRX with a big motor swap, and as Spec Miata).
...has raced any kind of closed course?
...done a track day?
(I've instructed at track days as I do for racing)
...anything?
Don't be shy.
:-)
We all concede that you are indeed the GOAT. And none of we others know
or can reason anything.
Nope. Not even close.

But I have actually raced open wheel for... ...this will be my 8th season.
geoff

geoff
Darryl Johnson
2020-07-22 00:58:16 UTC
...has actually raced in open wheel (not including the local for-fun
kart track)?
(Hand up! Formula F[ord] since 2013.
Not since 2013. Formula Ford in the late 1960s.
Post by Alan Baker
...has at least raced on a road course?
Mosport.
Mount Tremblant.
Shannonville, Ontario
Post by Alan Baker
(I've also raced a Civic CRX with a big motor swap, and as Spec Miata).
...has raced any kind of closed course
A couple of years ice racing an old BMW 2002 back in the 70s.
:-)
Alan Baker
2020-07-22 01:22:52 UTC
Post by Darryl Johnson
Post by Alan Baker
...has actually raced in open wheel (not including the local for-fun
kart track)?
(Hand up! Formula F[ord] since 2013.
Not since 2013. Formula Ford in the late 1960s.
Cool!
Post by Darryl Johnson
Post by Alan Baker
...has at least raced on a road course?
Mosport.
Mount Tremblant.
Shannonville, Ontario
I grew up watching major races at Mosport. I'd really like to get back
there to race my FF.
I also want to try some ice racing next winter.
a425couple
2020-07-22 02:03:21 UTC
...has actually raced in open wheel (not including the local for-fun
kart track)?
(Hand up! Formula F[ord] since 2013.
...has at least raced on a road course?
(I've also raced a Civic CRX with a big motor swap, and as Spec Miata).
...has raced any kind of closed course?
...done a track day?
(I've instructed at track days as I do for racing)
...anything?
Don't be shy.
:-)
As I believe you already know:
I became a race volunteer in 1964.
In the late 1960's I did 20 Formula Vee races.
In the mid 1970s I raced a D Sports Racing, and qualified for,
and went back to the National Championships
at Atlanta Georgia.
In 1990s I spent a decade running a Police EVOC
(Pursuit Driving) course.
Resumed racing in 2002 with a Mazda RX7.
I have since raced 4 Sports Racers, from 1,000 cc
to 1600. The fastest was a high downforce lightweight
Stohr WF1 with a GSXR engine.
I have won 13 ICSCC Championships.
I served 14 years on a local race club's Board of Directors.
After a medical incident in 2016, I have lately only
been doing one or 2 races a year.
~misfit~
2020-07-22 04:38:13 UTC
Post by a425couple
...has actually raced in open wheel (not including the local for-fun kart track)?
(Hand up! Formula F[ord] since 2013.
Not far removed from for-fun kart racing. 7 years? That's what you do if you've got more money than
you need to race on those public kart tracks and have delusions of greatness. Maybe time to give up?
Post by a425couple
...has at least raced on a road course?
(I've also raced a Civic CRX with a big motor swap, and as Spec Miata).
...has raced any kind of closed course?
...done a track day?
(I've instructed at track days as I do for racing)
Poor saps - I hope they didn't pay good money for that.
Post by a425couple
...anything?
Don't be shy.
:-)
Have you ever calculated just how much that conceited smiley costs you? Because going by the above
it doesn't seem like you're progressing any and going by your arguments it doesn't seem like you do
it for social reasons.
Post by a425couple
I became a race volunteer in 1964.
In the late 1960's I did 20 Formula Vee races.
In the mid 1970s I raced a D Sports Racing, and qualified for,
    and went back to the National Championships
    at Atlanta Georgia.
In 1990s I spent a decade running a Police EVOC
   (Pursuit Driving) course.
Resumed racing in 2002 with a Mazda RX7.
   I have since raced 4 Sports Racers, from 1,000 cc
   to 1600.  The fastest was a high downforce lightweight
   Stohr WF1 with a GSXR engine.
   I have won 13 ICSCC Championships.
I served 14 years on a local race club's Board of Directors.
After a medical incident in 2016, I have lately only
   been doing one or 2 races a year.
Wow! That's a long-term involvement. Congrats.

<sarcasm> How come, with all that experience compared to Bakers, you don't post argumentatively 75
times a day? </sarcasm> ;)

I guess some people race because they enjoy it (and are good at it) but others race at entry-level
just so they can brag about it. Kudos to you for not attacking posters every time one of them
expresses an opinion on a stewards ruling.

2020-07-22 04:55:28 UTC
Post by a425couple
...has actually raced in open wheel (not including the local for-fun kart track)?
(Hand up! Formula F[ord] since 2013.
Not far removed from for-fun kart racing. 7 years? That's what you do if
you've got more money than you need to race on those public kart tracks
and have delusions of greatness. Maybe time to give up?
You are just demonstrating you have no clue at all.

For-fun karts do 150mph on the banks at Daytona, do they?

:-)
Post by ~misfit~
Post by a425couple
...has at least raced on a road course?
(I've also raced a Civic CRX with a big motor swap, and as Spec Miata).
...has raced any kind of closed course?
...done a track day?
(I've instructed at track days as I do for racing)
Poor saps - I hope they didn't pay good money for that.
They did.

And they appreciated it.

But moreover, I was voted in by the most senior drivers in the club.

:-)
Post by ~misfit~
Post by a425couple
...anything?
Don't be shy.
:-)
Have you ever calculated just how much that conceited smiley costs you?
Have you ever thought...

No. Clearly you have never thought.
Post by ~misfit~
Because going by the above it doesn't seem like you're progressing any
and going by your arguments it doesn't seem like you do it for social
reasons.
I've progressed to being the fastest driver currently racing at
Mission... ...and that includes an SCCA Runoffs champion.

:-)
Post by ~misfit~
Post by a425couple
[...]
Of course I race because I enjoy it.

What amazes me is how posters like you, who've never turned a wheel in
anger can declare the stewards to be infallible...

...right up until they make a decision you disagree with.

:-)
t***@gmail.com
2020-07-22 13:55:11 UTC
Post by a425couple
...has at least raced on a road course?
(I've also raced a Civic CRX with a big motor swap, and as Spec Miata).
...has raced any kind of closed course?
...done a track day?
(I've instructed at track days as I do for racing)
Poor saps - I hope they didn't pay good money for that.
Post by a425couple
...anything?
Don't be shy.
:-)
Post by a425couple
[...]
You are replying to 2 people in this post.
And one is in supposed hollow killfile.
You are losing your fucking mind.
Get your meds adjusted.