HAM radio & onboard video
Add Reply
Brian Lawrence
2020-09-08 10:39:01 UTC
Maybe already been posted.

<https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.mercedes-reveal-the-simple-oversight-that-caused-hamiltons-race-ruining.6OiiUb3IBVnKNzaCq7IkGi.html>
News
2020-09-08 13:52:39 UTC
Post by Brian Lawrence
Maybe already been posted.
<https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.mercedes-reveal-the-simple-oversight-that-caused-hamiltons-race-ruining.6OiiUb3IBVnKNzaCq7IkGi.html>
“I think these funny crosses on the outside,” said Wolff, referring to
the light panels on the outside of Parabolica indicating that the pit
lane was shut, “they should be red, first of all, and maybe they should
be blinking..."

Yeah, well, they are red crosses, and they do flash, Toto, so STFU, bend
over, and take it.
Alan Baker
2020-09-08 19:57:36 UTC
Post by Brian Lawrence
Maybe already been posted.
<https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.mercedes-reveal-the-simple-oversight-that-caused-hamiltons-race-ruining.6OiiUb3IBVnKNzaCq7IkGi.html>
“I think these funny crosses on the outside,” said Wolff, referring to
the light panels on the outside of Parabolica indicating that the pit
lane was shut, “they should be red, first of all, and maybe they should
be blinking..."
Yeah, well, they are red crosses, and they do flash, Toto, so STFU, bend
over, and take it.
To be fair, the crosses were yellow with red surrounding the edge of the
LED panel.

At least, that's the way they appear to me.

Alan Baker
2020-09-08 19:56:12 UTC
Post by Brian Lawrence
Maybe already been posted.
<https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.mercedes-reveal-the-simple-oversight-that-caused-hamiltons-race-ruining.6OiiUb3IBVnKNzaCq7IkGi.html>
Interesting look at the timing of it, but:

It shows that the "SC" display looks nothing like the "X" displayed at
the next two locations. The "SC" is in white with a white border and the
"X" are yellow with a red border.

And you can clearly see each bright flashing sign come into view right
in the driver's eyeline.

Lewis response shows that he was telling the truth when he says he
didn't see the signals at all.