Can Haas catch Renault?
2018-07-29 21:29:25 UTC
Renault seems to have thrown in the towel on this season, so can the junior customer team catch them for fourth place in the constructors rankings?
John
2018-09-16 22:48:25 UTC
Down to 15 points.
John
2018-09-30 21:17:35 UTC
Now down to 11 points, not that Hass seems that interested.
t***@gmail.com
2018-10-01 03:08:13 UTC
Post by John
not that Hass seems that interested.
Nor anyone else.
But keep on talking to yourself.
a425couple
2018-10-01 03:49:55 UTC
Post by John
Post by John
Renault seems to have thrown in the towel on this season, so can the junior customer team catch them for fourth place in the constructors rankings?
Now down to 11 points, not that Hass seems that interested.
I do not know why you say, "not that Hass seems that interested."
I think that they are very interested, and very much want to
get more points.
They are currently 5th in points with 80,
and 11 points behind 4th place Renault with 91.

But, all 6 cars of the best 3 teams finished, and decently,
so that pretty much only leaves a 7th, 8th, 9th and a 10th,
which gives 6, 4, 2, and 1 point available.
It is hard to make big moves with only that available.

Leclerc in a Sauber-Ferrari had a very good race in
a track that suited them, so the next best was
Magnussen's Hass for 8th, or 4 points.
Decent,,, could be better, or could be worse.
If they can keep it up, they may catch
Renault who got nothing.
Keep being optimistic and trying their best.

Not all remaining races will have all 6 cars of
the big 3 teams finishing.
But, Renault is likely to also (like in Singapore)
to score some points.
Willsy
2018-10-02 14:09:08 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by John
Post by John
[...]
Magnussen is solid. And thinks seem to be coming right for Groejean,
now too, I'm glad to say. I like the team. They've done a great job.
John
2018-10-09 18:32:02 UTC
Now down to eight points. I'd say it's exciting except that it's not and it's for a very distant fourth.