Noise level (no, not that one)
2018-04-30 11:07:14 UTC
Given that Baku served up what is likely to be one of the more entertaining
GPs of the season yesterday, certainly in terms of the last few racing laps,
I'm surprised how little commentary there is here.

Once upon a time RASF1 would have been alight with discussion after a race
ending like that?
Sir Tim
2018-04-30 11:20:55 UTC
Given that Baku served up what is likely to be one of the more entertaining
GPs of the season yesterday, certainly in terms of the last few racing laps,
I'm surprised how little commentary there is here.
Once upon a time RASF1 would have been alight with discussion after a race
ending like that?
A sign of the times. Sadly Usenet is now the preserve of elderly drones
like us, who are too set in our ways to change. I’m sure there is plenty of
lively discussion elsewhere online.
2018-04-30 12:42:19 UTC
Given that Baku served up what is likely to be one of the more
entertaining GPs of the season yesterday, certainly in terms of the
last few racing laps, I'm surprised how little commentary there is
here.
Once upon a time RASF1 would have been alight with discussion after
a race ending like that?
A sign of the times. Sadly Usenet is now the preserve of elderly
drones like us, who are too set in our ways to change. I'm sure there
is plenty of lively discussion elsewhere online.
Yep. Reddit is full of people cursing Verstappen and sharing screenshots of
Indycar drivers Marco Andretti, Sage Karam and Will Power posting to
Ricciardos twiiter saying that Max shouldn't be allowed to drive in such a
dangerous manner etc etc etc.

https://imgur.com/yUffR9S

Are there any posters over 18 on that site?
~misfit~
2018-04-30 23:22:30 UTC
Given that Baku served up what is likely to be one of the more
entertaining GPs of the season yesterday, certainly in terms of the
last few racing laps, I'm surprised how little commentary there is
here.
Once upon a time RASF1 would have been alight with discussion after
a race ending like that?
A sign of the times. Sadly Usenet is now the preserve of elderly
drones like us, who are too set in our ways to change. I'm sure
there is plenty of lively discussion elsewhere online.
Yep. Reddit is full of people cursing Verstappen and sharing
screenshots of Indycar drivers Marco Andretti, Sage Karam and Will
Power posting to Ricciardos twiiter saying that Max shouldn't be
allowed to drive in such a dangerous manner etc etc etc.
https://imgur.com/yUffR9S
Are there any posters over 18 on that site?
Well there's me (occasionally) ...

2018-05-01 00:21:40 UTC
Well there's me (occasionally) ...
The biggest idiot.
So they say.
t***@gmail.com
2018-05-01 00:20:01 UTC
Are there any posters over 18 on that site?
18 inches? Fucking queer.
build
Perhaps those left are entertained by racing not crashes.
larkim
2018-04-30 15:24:25 UTC
Given that Baku served up what is likely to be one of the more entertaining
GPs of the season yesterday, certainly in terms of the last few racing laps,
I'm surprised how little commentary there is here.
Once upon a time RASF1 would have been alight with discussion after a race
ending like that?
Perhaps those left are entertained by racing not crashes.
Ouch!!!

I'm not sure the crashes were the entertaining bits, though they were
undoubtedly the bits that, had they not happened, the race wouldn't have
been so memorable.

I was starting to nod off to sleep mid-afternoon watching it as I was
certain Vettel had it in the bag, so I'd started ffwding as I was watching
just behind live. With the current graphics its easy to see when cars
switch position, so I spotted Max end up ahead of Daniel and rewound to see
how that had happened.

The crash they had wasn't so spectacular but it was entertaining because it
was the outcome of racing, and there's nothing wrong with that. Crashes
where the driver stuffs it into the wall because their control is lacking
isn't entertaining, but crashes when two drivers are trying to race wheel to
wheel and where you know they have the talent to keep it clean are
entertaining.

But what their crash did was promote a massive change in the outcome which
otherwise wouldn't have come about.

So yes, I suppose I was entertained by that one crash - but for the right
reasons!
M2T
2018-05-01 09:33:01 UTC
Given that Baku served up what is likely to be one of the more entertaining
GPs of the season yesterday, certainly in terms of the last few racing laps,
I'm surprised how little commentary there is here.
Once upon a time RASF1 would have been alight with discussion after a race
ending like that?
It looks like Barmy Bob has had a relapse. So we're not getting a ream
of argumentative bollocks over the minutiae of F1.

The Jock Aussie appears to have signed the pledge, so no drunken
ramblings about track kits and how his family all hate him.

The nazi septic's cut and paste posts are ignored for the shite they are.

That only leaves a few who post original stuff and our pet arse bandit.