Hamilton on Pole
Heron
2020-07-11 15:24:01 UTC
In equalizing conditions, again the cream rises to the top:
Lewis Hamilton on pole.
Darryl Johnson
2020-07-11 16:06:12 UTC
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton on pole.
Well done, Mclaren. Two weeks in a row with at least one car up near
the front after qualifying. And to Williams as well.

It's good to the second tier teams managing to show some speed for a
change. Perhaps Williams will manage to earn enough cash from a decent
points haul to survive for a few more years.
Alan Baker
2020-07-11 17:02:32 UTC
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton on pole.
Did your idol ignore any yellow flags or force anyone off the track to
do it?

:-)
Sir Tim
2020-07-11 17:33:08 UTC
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton on pole.
Did your idol ignore any yellow flags or force anyone off the track to
do it?
:-)
I know you are never disposed to give Hamilton credit for anything but he
was 1.2 seconds faster than anybody else, that’s *one-point-two-seconds* in
conditions that negated any car advantage he may enjoy. A champion’s lap.
2020-07-11 17:37:53 UTC
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton on pole.
Did your idol ignore any yellow flags or force anyone off the track to
do it?
:-)
I know you are never disposed to give Hamilton credit for anything but he
was 1.2 seconds faster than anybody else, that’s *one-point-two-seconds* in
conditions that negated any car advantage he may enjoy. A champion’s lap.
I haven't seen qualifying yet (thanks a lot, TSN!), so I can't comment
on it, but what I'm pretty sure about is that you have no idea about
what advantages are negated by rain.
Alister
2020-07-11 18:48:48 UTC
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton on pole.
Did your idol ignore any yellow flags or force anyone off the track to
do it?
:-)
I know you are never disposed to give Hamilton credit for anything but
he was 1.2 seconds faster than anybody else, that’s
*one-point-two-seconds* in conditions that negated any car advantage he
may enjoy. A champion’s lap.
I haven't seen qualifying yet (thanks a lot, TSN!), so I can't comment
on it, but what I'm pretty sure about is that you have no idea about
what advantages are negated by rain.
You didn't sanp at Heron who made the original post without a spoiler
warning
--
I just asked myself... what would John DeLorean do?
-- Raoul Duke
Alan Baker
2020-07-11 19:18:06 UTC
Post by Alister
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton on pole.
Did your idol ignore any yellow flags or force anyone off the track to
do it?
:-)
I know you are never disposed to give Hamilton credit for anything but
he was 1.2 seconds faster than anybody else, that’s
*one-point-two-seconds* in conditions that negated any car advantage he
may enjoy. A champion’s lap.
I haven't seen qualifying yet (thanks a lot, TSN!), so I can't comment
on it, but what I'm pretty sure about is that you have no idea about
what advantages are negated by rain.
You didn't sanp at Heron who made the original post without a spoiler
warning
The world had already spoiled it for me, but you're right.

Heron:

DON'T PUT RESULTS IN THE SUBJECT!!!

;-)
CS
2020-07-11 21:56:29 UTC
Don't read this group before you've watched/listened to qualifying!!! 🤔🤔
Alister
2020-07-12 10:50:00 UTC
Post by CS
Don't read this group before you've watched/listened to qualifying!!! 🤔
🤔

+1 (although I came here to find out as I had been busy for quali)
--
Windows: Where do you want to go today?

MacOS: Where do you want to be tomorrow?

Linux: Are you coming or what?

-- Linux Journal
geoff
2020-07-12 22:00:45 UTC
Post by Alister
Post by CS
Don't read this group before you've watched/listened to qualifying!!! 🤔
🤔
+1 (although I came here to find out as I had been busy for quali)
Busy doing what ?
Post by Alister
Windows: Where do you want to go today?
MacOS: Where do you want to be tomorrow?
Linux: Are you coming or what?
-- Linux Journal
The 'today' one seems real tangible and practical. The 'tomorrow' one
seems a bit airy-fairy> And the Linux one just sounds like it's for
wankers ! 8===o....

2020-07-12 22:28:27 UTC
Busy doing what ?
A virtual pride event.
Did you not attend?

Alister
2020-07-11 18:47:04 UTC
Post by Heron
Lewis Hamilton on pole.
Did your idol ignore any yellow flags or force anyone off the track to
do it?
:-)
I know you are never disposed to give Hamilton credit for anything but
he was 1.2 seconds faster than anybody else, that’s
*one-point-two-seconds* in conditions that negated any car advantage he
may enjoy. A champion’s lap.
we English do get a lot of practice driving in the rain (not sure how
quickly that wears off now he has left the country)
CS
2020-07-11 21:57:27 UTC
Agree, simply stoncking drive in atrocious conditions.