McLaren immediately fails in first attempt to set a time.
2018-03-09 09:09:42 UTC
How about that?
How is Honda doing :-)

2018-03-09 09:29:35 UTC
Post by Edmund
How about that?
How is Honda doing :-)
Yes, the problems seem to keep on coming for Macca don’t they? Doesn’t look
good for Melbourne.

It’s a question of whether this is just teething trouble with a new car and
different engine or whether it’s something more fundamental in the design
of the car. Let’s hope it is the former as it would be sad to see a
once-great team and a still-great (?) driver suffer another season of
humiliation.
2018-03-09 11:12:36 UTC
Post by Edmund
How about that?
How is Honda doing :-)
Yes, the problems seem to keep on coming for Macca don’t they? Doesn’t
look good for Melbourne.
It’s a question of whether this is just teething trouble with a new car
and different engine or whether it’s something more fundamental in the
design of the car. Let’s hope it is the former as it would be sad to see
a once-great team and a still-great (?) driver suffer another season of
humiliation.
It’s unbelievable, this kind of oil leaking problems, no other Renault
team has these problems. I would think McLaren has more then
enough experience in building F1 cars.
Of course we don’t know what is happening there but it sure doesn’t
look good.
Starting with a said delay due the the Renault switch and now not
being able to test because of problems that no one could expect, oil leakage.

To make things even more painful that Honda thing suddenly runs
like clockwork.

Edmund
Alister
2018-03-09 11:47:07 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by Sir Tim
Post by Edmund
[...]
That tends to suggest previous issues may have been Due to Macca after all
perhaps you owe Honda an apology?
--
He who fears the unknown may one day flee from his own backside.
-- Sinbad
Edmund
2018-03-09 12:36:52 UTC
Post by Alister
Post by Edmund
Post by Sir Tim
Post by Edmund
[...]
Of course it wouldn't take long before someone brought that up :-)
Nope in 2014 Honda did it all by itself and they could not
do about 4 laps in 4 days.
They hardly improved the following 3 years.
If that is not enough, IF!!! McLaren somehow caused all those
engine failures and idiotic oil tank designs it still would
be Honda to tell how it should be done, lubrication cooling and
you name it, is part of the PU.

Ask me again in three years, if all Renault powered teams
run fine but McLaren keeps failing every race, you might have a point.

2018-03-09 13:13:41 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by Alister
Post by Edmund
Post by Sir Tim
Post by Edmund
[...]
To be fair, even from the start you were critical of Honda without any
real science to back it up.

Ultimately you were right.

But why not nail your colours to the mast now and say McLaren are rubbish
and can't get engines to work?
Edmund
2018-03-09 14:01:49 UTC
Post by Edmund
Post by Alister
Post by Edmund
Post by Sir Tim
Post by Edmund
[...]
Well you may think it was a lucky guess of mine but it wasn't.
Science? well I used deduction to come to my conclusion as I
often do and sometimes (more then once :-)) I am remarkably
right in my thinking.
Honda's failure was very obvious from the start.
Post by larkim
But why not nail your colours to the mast now and say McLaren are rubbish
and can't get engines to work?
Because I don't think so and have no information about what
is wrong at McLaren this moment.
I am surprised though.

Edmund
Duddie
Maybe someone should just start looking that Macca problems started with arrival of Boulier.
M2T
2018-03-10 17:34:11 UTC
Post by Duddie
Maybe someone should just start looking that Macca problems started with arrival of Boulier.
I'm convinced Boulier is Sam Michael in a fat suit. He picked up the
French accent from 'Ello 'Ello.
m***@gmail.com
2018-03-10 20:18:08 UTC
Post by Duddie
Post by Sir Tim
It’s a question of whether this is just teething trouble with a new car and
different engine or whether it’s something more fundamental in the design
of the car. Let’s hope it is the former as it would be sad to see a
once-great team and a still-great (?) driver suffer another season of
humiliation.
Maybe someone should just start looking that Macca problems started with arrival of Boulier.
That's the third option, isn't it? That there's something wrong with the organisation.