What's happened to the Ferrari?
Add Reply
MT2
2018-10-01 10:03:15 UTC
Overnight the speed advantage Ferrari had over the Mercedes has
disappeared. Have they been found out and ordered to stop cheating?
The huge smoke screen that surrounded the Ferrari when it started has
stopped, had they found a way to burn oil, despite it being banned?

At Spa, Vettel shot past Hamilton with a sudden burst of acceleration,
he's not been able to repeated it since. It looks like Hamilton was
correct when he said there was something tricky about the red cars.
MT2
2018-10-02 20:54:58 UTC
Post by MT2
Overnight the speed advantage Ferrari had over the Mercedes has
disappeared.  Have they been found out and ordered to stop cheating? The
huge smoke screen that surrounded the Ferrari when it started has
stopped, had they found a way to burn oil, despite it being banned?
At Spa, Vettel shot past Hamilton with a sudden burst of acceleration,
he's not been able to repeated it since. It looks like Hamilton was
correct when he said there was something tricky about the red cars.
Ferrari battery fiddle fixed. More evidence Whiting should go.
Post by MT2
GPS data from Singapore & Sochi shows Ferrari doesn't deploy that exceptional power "boost" on the straights anymore. According to our information FIA fitted a 2nd sensor to monitor battery energy output. Is there a connection? AMuS (in German): http://ams.to/ferrari-power-trick …
Obviously less power also means that you cant use the same settings as before, which does have an impact on the performance in corners as well, at least that's what Renault suspects.
t***@gmail.com
2018-10-03 06:20:46 UTC
Post by MT2
Ferrari battery fiddle fixed.
Fiddle fixed?
That why the US had to
save your dumb ass in WW2.
Alister
2018-10-03 09:27:31 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by MT2
Ferrari battery fiddle fixed.
Fiddle fixed?
That why the US had to save your dumb ass in WW2.
name ONE war the US have won without British involvement?
(American Civil war does not count as only half of you won that)
--
MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten years
of careful development.
-- ***@aix1.uottawa.ca
Edmund
2018-10-03 08:14:06 UTC
Post by MT2
GPS data from Singapore & Sochi shows Ferrari doesn't deploy that
exceptional power "boost" on the straights anymore. According to our
information FIA fitted a 2nd sensor to monitor battery energy output.
http://ams.to/ferrari-power-trick …
Obviously less power also means that you cant use the same settings as
before, which does have an impact on the performance in corners as
well, at least that's what Renault suspects.
Toto Wolff keeps telling the Ferrari PU is still the best.
Never mind that the Mercs simply passing the Ferrari's
during acceleration.

2018-10-03 11:20:35 UTC
Post by MT2
GPS data from Singapore & Sochi shows Ferrari doesn't deploy that exceptional power "boost" on the straights anymore. According to our information FIA fitted a 2nd sensor to monitor battery energy output. Is there a connection? AMuS (in German): http://ams.to/ferrari-power-trick …
Obviously less power also means that you cant use the same settings as before, which does have an impact on the performance in corners as well, at least that's what Renault suspects.
Or is the fact that it *appears* that a measurement solution has been found
to the area being (allegedly) exploited by Ferrari indicate that Charlie
has actually used his teeth effectively?

(Accepting of course that it did appear unsatisfactory at best to be
allowing Ferrari to race with a car which had a high probability of doing
something which was at best at the borderline of the rules).
~misfit~
2018-10-04 00:31:11 UTC
Post by MT2
GPS data from Singapore & Sochi shows Ferrari doesn't deploy that
exceptional power "boost" on the straights anymore. According to
our information FIA fitted a 2nd sensor to monitor battery energy
http://ams.to/ferrari-power-trick .
Obviously less power also means that you cant use the same settings
as before, which does have an impact on the performance in corners
as well, at least that's what Renault suspects.
Or is the fact that it *appears* that a measurement solution has been found
to the area being (allegedly) exploited by Ferrari indicate that Charlie
has actually used his teeth effectively?
After letting Ferrari cheat for how many races? Gaining how many points?
Post by larkim
(Accepting of course that it did appear unsatisfactory at best to be
allowing Ferrari to race with a car which had a high probability of doing
something which was at best at the borderline of the rules).
Probability my arse. The results speak for themselves. During the cheating
the car was quickest by far and now it's not. QED.

2018-10-04 00:41:23 UTC
After letting Ferrari cheat for how many races? Gaining how many points?
Do the math, assfucker.
Mark Jackson
2018-10-04 00:46:08 UTC
(Accepting of course that it did appear unsatisfactory at best to
be allowing Ferrari to race with a car which had a high probability
of doing something which was at best at the borderline of the
rules).
Probability my arse. The results speak for themselves. During the
cheating the car was quickest by far and now it's not. QED.
[heavy breathing]
"I find your lack of rigor. . .disturbing."
[/heavy breathing]
Fourteen years after it was founded, in Zuckerberg's dorm room,
Facebook has as many adherents as Christianity. - Evan Osnos
~misfit~
2018-10-04 03:40:46 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
(Accepting of course that it did appear unsatisfactory at best to
be allowing Ferrari to race with a car which had a high probability
of doing something which was at best at the borderline of the
rules).
Probability my arse. The results speak for themselves. During the
cheating the car was quickest by far and now it's not. QED.
[heavy breathing]
"I find your lack of rigor. . .disturbing."
[/heavy breathing]
LOL! Literally. I'm still chuckling.

Cheers,

MT2
2018-10-04 15:18:43 UTC
Post by larkim
(Accepting of course that it did appear unsatisfactory at best to be
allowing Ferrari to race with a car which had a high probability of doing
something which was at best at the borderline of the rules).
Probability my arse. The results speak for themselves. During the cheating
the car was quickest by far and now it's not. QED.
http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/24488784/f1-director-charlie-whiting-amused-hamilton-ferrari-comments
Post by ~misfit~
Whiting thinks Mercedes should focus on improving its own engine instead of speculating about what Ferrari has done.
"I'm quite amused about it really because we know quite a lot about Ferrari's car and there is no way Lewis would know about anything about the Ferrari car," he said. They are doing a good job at the moment and Mercedes have got to try to counter that, haven't they?"
It's time Whiting 'amused' himself into retirement. He all but called
Hamilton & Mercedes liars, when he allowed Ferrari to get away with more
cheating.
CS
2018-10-05 09:31:16 UTC
1. Ferrari have been told to stop using their battery fiddle and oil burning - no more puffs of smoke from the exhaust.

2. With James Allison, Mercedes have finally sorted out using all the different tyres better - more grip and longer life.
larkim
2018-10-05 10:00:53 UTC
Post by CS
1. Ferrari have been told to stop using their battery fiddle and oil burning - no more puffs of smoke from the exhaust.
2. With James Allison, Mercedes have finally sorted out using all the different tyres better - more grip and longer life.
BBC 5Live podcast reporter says he "understands" that there has actually
not been any change to the Ferrari power unit which accounts for the
performance drop off.

Aero tweaks to address tyre wear issues were pointed to as cause of the
performance differentials.

I'm not one to blithely believe the BBC, but that is a more reputable source
than us lot posting on here speculatively!
MT2
Scarbs and Amus are apparently up on the changes.
larkim
2018-10-05 11:56:17 UTC
Post by MT2
Post by larkim
Post by CS
1. Ferrari have been told to stop using their battery fiddle and oil burning - no more puffs of smoke from the exhaust.
2. With James Allison, Mercedes have finally sorted out using all the different tyres better - more grip and longer life.
BBC 5Live podcast reporter says he "understands" that there has actually
not been any change to the Ferrari power unit which accounts for the
performance drop off.
Aero tweaks to address tyre wear issues were pointed to as cause of the
performance differentials.
I'm not one to blithely believe the BBC, but that is a more reputable source
than us lot posting on here speculatively!
Scarbs and Amus are apparently up on the changes.
Just watched the latest Scarbs video on it - he seems no more certain about
what's gone on (if anything) than anyone on here.

Lots of surmising and supposition, but very little fact or "intelligence".

So I think it's fair to say that with those closer to the people involved
not knowing one way or another, its difficult to say with any certainty that
Ferrari have or haven't been nobbled, and have or haven't been pushing the
rules in a direction they shouldn't have.

And as things stand in the championship at the moment, unless you are a
Ferrari fan, it doesn't seem to matter much.
MT2
2018-10-05 12:48:31 UTC
Post by MT2
Post by larkim
Post by CS
[...]
In the last couple of days, Whiting has denied there is a second sensor
on the Ferrari battery. Today, Arrivabene has been complaining that the
media have found out about the second sensor.
Post by larkim
Arrivabene said: "Our battery layout is quite complex, so we agreed with a request from the FIA to work together with them.
"We had the second sensor, but it does not change in any case the performance of our car.
"Despite that, I find it strange that everybody knows about the second sensor. I've said our battery layout I quite complex, but it's also the intellectual property of Ferrari.
"I hope that, as everybody knows about the second sensor, in the future everybody is not going to be informed about our project.
Whiting has been caught out telling lies. HTF did Ferrari get away with
not having a sensor on both batteries?
larkim
2018-10-05 15:48:03 UTC
Post by MT2
Post by larkim
Post by MT2
Post by larkim
Arrivabene said: "Our battery layout is quite complex, so we agreed with a request from the FIA to work together with them.
"We had the second sensor, but it does not change in any case the performance of our car.
"Despite that, I find it strange that everybody knows about the second sensor. I've said our battery layout I quite complex, but it's also the intellectual property of Ferrari.
"I hope that, as everybody knows about the second sensor, in the future everybody is not going to be informed about our project.
Whiting has been caught out telling lies. HTF did Ferrari get away with
not having a sensor on both batteries?
Where's the Whiting quote denying the second sensor (I'm not trying to
troll you, just couldn't find anything online)?
MT2
2018-10-05 17:09:38 UTC
Post by MT2
Post by larkim
Post by MT2
Post by larkim
Arrivabene said: "Our battery layout is quite complex, so we agreed with a request from the FIA to work together with them.
"We had the second sensor, but it does not change in any case the performance of our car.
"Despite that, I find it strange that everybody knows about the second sensor. I've said our battery layout I quite complex, but it's also the intellectual property of Ferrari.
"I hope that, as everybody knows about the second sensor, in the future everybody is not going to be informed about our project.
Whiting has been caught out telling lies. HTF did Ferrari get away with
not having a sensor on both batteries?
Where's the Whiting quote denying the second sensor (I'm not trying to
troll you, just couldn't find anything online)?
Came from Sky
Post by larkim
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/f1/mph-ferraris-engine-mystery
DR Maks Podzigun • 7 hours ago
Today on the Sky broadcast they quoted Charlie Whiting totally denying that the FIA had added a extra sensor.
larkim
2018-10-05 21:52:51 UTC
Thanks. Lots of disinformation around.
~misfit~
2018-10-05 23:17:11 UTC
Thanks. Lots of disinformation around.
This is part of what I dislike about Ferrari's 'special relationship' with
Formula 1. They not only get different treatment to other teams (and
different rules... until another team uncovers the rort) they also get more
money than the other teams. Then when something actually does come out about
one of their 'secrets' they seem to be able to defame the FIA at will with
no penalty.

I've heard whispers that part of the reason Hass didn't fix thier floors
straight away was because Ferrari told them not to worry, they'd have a word
with the FIA. Maybe this is a sign that things are changing? I sure hope so.

MT2
2018-10-06 00:02:35 UTC
Thanks. Lots of disinformation around.
This is part of what I dislike about Ferrari's 'special relationship' with
Formula 1. They not only get different treatment to other teams (and
different rules... until another team uncovers the rort) they also get more
money than the other teams. Then when something actually does come out about
one of their 'secrets' they seem to be able to defame the FIA at will with
no penalty.
I've heard whispers that part of the reason Hass didn't fix thier floors
straight away was because Ferrari told them not to worry, they'd have a word
with the FIA. Maybe this is a sign that things are changing? I sure hope so.
They need to get rid of Whiting. There have been a lot of high level
FIA engineers leaving recently and going to the teams, I wonder if they
are taking info about the relationship between the FIA and Ferrari with
them. Plus - the Dwarf has gone. He created this fucking mess in the
first place.

CS
2018-10-05 09:36:38 UTC
1. Ferrari have been told to stop using their battery fiddle and oil burning - no more puffs of smoke from the exhaust.

2. With James Allison, Mercedes have finsorted out using all the different tyres better - more grip and longer life.
CS
2018-10-05 09:48:42 UTC

MT2
2018-10-05 10:25:28 UTC
Post by CS
1. Ferrari have been told to stop using their battery fiddle and oil burning - no more puffs of smoke from the exhaust.
2. With James Allison, Mercedes have finsorted out using all the different tyres better - more grip and longer life.