F1/F2 Driver's Height of Eye
CS
2020-05-09 09:29:51 UTC
What is the driver's height of eye above the tarmac in an F1 and F2 car??
Geoff May
2020-05-09 12:28:36 UTC
Post by CS
What is the driver's height of eye above the tarmac in an F1 and F2 car??
The eye line is barely above the tyres so I would estimate around 50 to
60 cm.

Cheers

Geoff
Alan Baker
2020-05-09 16:57:02 UTC
Post by Geoff May
Post by CS
What is the driver's height of eye above the tarmac in an F1 and F2 car??
The eye line is barely above the tyres so I would estimate around 50 to
60 cm.
I've never bothered checking in the Van Diemen, but that seems about
right to me. Just sitting on the floor and mimicking the driving
position gave me an eye height from the floor of about 23" (58.5cm), but
you need to add a couple of inches for ground clearance and the floor of
the car.

My measurements were pretty basic, but I'd guess 60-65cm is pretty close.
CS
2020-05-10 21:33:42 UTC
Thanks for that. I'm just interested from a gaming point of view.