VER v.RAI
2018-10-07 21:41:46 UTC
Odd maintaining that he had rejoined the track safely, when he came back
on at far too sharp an angle, requiring too much width of the track to
straighten up to facing the right direction.

... unfortunately directly to the spot where RAI was legitimately
heading to, if not already at.

Should have cut across more of the green and come back on at a more
acute angle.

VER should have used the escape road, entered down track behind RAI.
MT2
2018-10-07 23:19:36 UTC
Odd maintaining that he had rejoined the track safely, when he came back
on at far too sharp an angle, requiring too much width of the track to
straighten up to facing the right direction.
... unfortunately directly to the spot where RAI was legitimately
heading to, if not already at.
Should have cut across more of the green and come back on at a more
acute angle.
geoff
Verstappen is a cock. He has decided to be an awkward and dangerous
twat to send a message to other drivers, pass me at your peril and allow
me though or else. It works now because he's not in the championships,
but if he continues when the RBs are competitive, he's likely to come
unstuck. There are at least 3 other arseholes out there too, Perez,
Grosjean & Magnusson. I'm sure he's building up plenty of ill-feeling
with them and other drivers.
Sir Tim
2018-10-08 06:20:01 UTC
Post by MT2
Post by geoff
Odd maintaining that he had rejoined the track safely, when he came back
on at far too sharp an angle, requiring too much width of the track to
straighten up to facing the right direction.
... unfortunately directly to the spot where RAI was legitimately
heading to, if not already at.
Should have cut across more of the green and come back on at a more
acute angle.
geoff
Verstappen is a cock. He has decided to be an awkward and dangerous
twat to send a message to other drivers, pass me at your peril and allow
me though or else.
Just like Senna

Post by MT2
but if he continues when the RBs are competitive, he's likely to come
unstuck. There are at least 3 other arseholes out there too, Perez,
Grosjean & Magnusson. I'm sure he's building up plenty of ill-feeling
with them and other drivers.
Magnusson is the worst of the lot IMO.
MT2
2018-10-08 07:34:36 UTC
Post by MT2
Post by geoff
Odd maintaining that he had rejoined the track safely, when he came back
on at far too sharp an angle, requiring too much width of the track to
straighten up to facing the right direction.
... unfortunately directly to the spot where RAI was legitimately
heading to, if not already at.
Should have cut across more of the green and come back on at a more
acute angle.
geoff
Verstappen is a cock. He has decided to be an awkward and dangerous
twat to send a message to other drivers, pass me at your peril and allow
me though or else.
Just like Senna
I'm not a fan of the 'Sainted' Senna. Had he still been alive, his
tactics would have been questioned more.
I agree, he's got a chip on both shoulders.
Sir Tim
2018-10-08 09:55:34 UTC
Post by MT2
Post by Sir Tim
Post by MT2
Post by geoff
Odd maintaining that he had rejoined the track safely, when he came back
on at far too sharp an angle, requiring too much width of the track to
straighten up to facing the right direction.
... unfortunately directly to the spot where RAI was legitimately
heading to, if not already at.
Should have cut across more of the green and come back on at a more
acute angle.
geoff
Verstappen is a cock. He has decided to be an awkward and dangerous
twat to send a message to other drivers, pass me at your peril and allow
me though or else.
Just like Senna
I'm not a fan of the 'Sainted' Senna. Had he still been alive, his
tactics would have been questioned more.
Oh I quite agree, but I was trying to point up the similarities between the
two i.e. both phenomenally talented and both ready to use dubious tactics
to intimidate other drivers. Actually Senna was often deeply unpopular,
both with fans (especially fans of Prost or Mansell :-)) and other drivers
but of course people tend to forget the flaws.
The stewards were right. Fair penalty.
larkim
2018-10-08 11:58:01 UTC
Odd maintaining that he had rejoined the track safely, when he came back
on at far too sharp an angle, requiring too much width of the track to
straighten up to facing the right direction.
... unfortunately directly to the spot where RAI was legitimately
heading to, if not already at.
Should have cut across more of the green and come back on at a more
acute angle.
geoff
That's exactly my take on it. And I find it odd that none of the
commentators (on Ch4) and the podcast (BBC Chequered Flag) seemed to see it
that way.

He came onto the track at 90deg to the racing line in an F1 car which has
a large turning circle on a narrow track. There was no way he should have
expected Kimi to have been anywhere other than where he was on track,
and with the move that Max made Kimi was always going to stay on the outside
rather than t-bone Max as he came back on.

In his rush to make sure he wasn't penalised for trying to hold onto the
spot after making the error and "short cutting" the chicane, he instead
made matters worse.

(Though in hindsight, 5 seconds plus points meant he stayed in 3rd, whereas
had he had to cede to Kimi perhaps the outcome might have been different?)