NASCAR -- past its 'sell by' date...
2018-05-07 21:41:11 UTC
REPORT: MAJORITY OWNERS OF NASCAR EXPLORING SALE
NASCAR has not denied the reports
MAY 7, 2018
NASCAR may soon be up for sale.
According to a Reuters report that has since been verified by CNBC, the France family is exploring options that include the sale of their entire stake in the industry. The family is reported to be working with investment bank Goldman Sachs to identify a potential deal for the company.
The report also states that deliberations are at an exploratory stage and no agreement of any kind is certain.
A NASCAR official has responded to the report by saying, "We don't have anything to add."
It’s worth adding that NASCAR recently finalized a deal to acquire the ARCA Racing Series. The France family also owns the International Speedway Corporation cache of tracks and the IMSA Sports Car sanctioning body.
Goldman Sachs issued a 'no comment' to the report.
Sir Tim
2018-05-08 07:29:46 UTC
[...]
http://www.espn.com/auto/story/_/id/23435578/france-family-exploring-sale-nascar

Maybe Liberty could buy it and run combined F1/NASCAR meetings. Quite a
thought Shaun :-)
2018-05-08 08:36:13 UTC
[...]
Eeeek!!!

Don't do that to me man! ;-) I'd rather Liberty buy NASCAR and sell F1. It
seems NASCAR is more like what they want anyway.

2018-05-08 12:12:08 UTC
[...]
I don't see Liberty biting on this one. They wanted F1 for the international exposure. They already own the Atlanta Braves baseball team for the local (US) crowd.

2018-05-09 03:17:38 UTC
Eeeek!!!
Don't do that to me man! ;-)
Stop confirming your lunacy.
D Munz
2018-05-08 12:10:59 UTC
[...]
I think we can all run away from this idea. Fast and far...

Dan the Man
2018-05-08 13:12:44 UTC
[...]
I think N-ASSCAR's struggles could offer an object lesson to Liberty if they're paying attention. N-ASSCAR tried to be like other North American sports by creating a phony "playoff" system called The Chase, and it clearly has turned off traditional fans. It also didn't help that they stopped doing races at some traditional N-ASSCAR tracks like North Wilkesboro, NC which turned off Southerners that were N-ASSCAR's original fan base.
God help F1 if Liberty tries to create a "playoff"; that's when you'll know they jumped the shark!
D Munz
2018-05-08 15:10:28 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
[...]
Ooh, ooh. F1 could try something like the Olympics. You know, Gold, Silver, Bronze medals. Just hang the ribbon on the drivers, no messy champagne.

Oh, wait. The Elf already tried that one.

Never mind. ;)

2018-05-08 17:01:30 UTC
Like double points for the last race of the season ?
b***@topmail.co.nz
2018-05-09 08:20:21 UTC
Post by Dan the Man
I think N-ASSCAR's struggles could offer an object lesson to Liberty if they're paying attention. N-ASSCAR tried to be like other North American sports by creating a phony "playoff" system called The Chase, and it clearly has turned off traditional fans. It also didn't help that they stopped doing races at some traditional N-ASSCAR tracks like North Wilkesboro, NC which turned off Southerners that were N-ASSCAR's original fan base.
God help F1 if Liberty tries to create a "playoff"; that's when you'll know they jumped the shark!
Maybe they split NASCAR into a northern conference and southern conference.
Then have a "superbowl" race at the end of the season.... just like the
civil war all over again.
Dan the Man
They'll even be driving blue or grey cars.
t***@gmail.com
2018-05-10 00:44:43 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Maybe they split NASCAR into a northern conference and southern conference.
Then have a "superbowl" race at the end of the season.... just like the
civil war all over again.
Maybe not. Stick to sheep fucking. What you know best. Fucktard.

bra
2018-05-09 02:26:16 UTC
REPORT: MAJORITY OWNERS OF NASCAR EXPLORING SALE
NASCAR has not denied the reports
MAY 7, 2018
NASCAR may soon be up for sale.
I like the kind of racing that produces close finishes; you stare at the screen or stand up in your grandstand seat.

NASCAR has had 48 race finishes in which the 1st and 2nd place cars were separated by less than 0.5 seconds.

Among those 48, tenth in the close-finish list is Dale Earnhardt beating Bobby Labonte by 1/100 secs, and in two races the gap has been 2/1000 secs -- two-thousandths of a second.

The 1984 Talladega 500 saw 67 lead changes among 16 drivers; "sleepy" compared to the 2010 Talladega race: 88 lead changes among 29 different drivers.

Hard to look away.