McLaren tells Marco to piss off
2018-06-06 22:13:02 UTC
Helmet Marko wanted Lando Norris to replace Brendon Hartley at Toro
Rosso asap.

Saward's take -

https://www.motorsportweek.com/joesaward/id/00244
~misfit~
2018-06-07 02:24:55 UTC
Helmet Marko wanted Lando Norris to replace Brendon Hartley at Toro
Rosso asap.
Saward's take -
https://www.motorsportweek.com/joesaward/id/00244
I know F1 is the ultimate instant-gratification business but Hartley just
needs a few more races. He's been unlucky several times so far this season.
If he hadn't had bad luck during qually twice at Monaco (being baulked then
having a yellow flag ruin his session) he'd have qualified and likely
finished the race better than Gasly. He was faster than the Frenchman all
three practice sessions. If allowed a few more races to even out the lack
factor I'm sure STR will be happy with him (though Gasly likely won't).

2018-06-07 12:19:43 UTC
Helmet Marko wanted Lando Norris to replace Brendon Hartley at Toro
Rosso asap.
Saward's take -
https://www.motorsportweek.com/joesaward/id/00244
I know F1 is the ultimate instant-gratification business but Hartley just
needs a few more races. He's been unlucky several times so far this season.
If he hadn't had bad luck during qually twice at Monaco (being baulked then
having a yellow flag ruin his session) he'd have qualified and likely
finished the race better than Gasly. He was faster than the Frenchman all
three practice sessions. If allowed a few more races to even out the lack
factor I'm sure STR will be happy with him (though Gasly likely won't).
He seems like a very level-headed fellow. There was a video follow of his apartment and walk to the paddock in Monaco, he was well spoken, positive and he handled himself well. He even told the camera-person that they were holding up traffic and needed to move out of the way. (Which was extraordinary in that there was no honking of the horn, cussing or shaking fists. Polite people these Monegasque.)

I hope he gets the time (and car) he needs.

2018-06-07 14:40:06 UTC
Post by D Munz
Helmet Marko wanted Lando Norris to replace Brendon Hartley at Toro
Rosso asap.
Saward's take -
https://www.motorsportweek.com/joesaward/id/00244
I know F1 is the ultimate instant-gratification business but Hartley
just needs a few more races. He's been unlucky several times so far
this season. If he hadn't had bad luck during qually twice at Monaco
(being baulked then having a yellow flag ruin his session) he'd have
qualified and likely finished the race better than Gasly. He was
faster than the Frenchman all three practice sessions. If allowed a
few more races to even out the lack factor I'm sure STR will be
happy with him (though Gasly likely won't). --
Shaun.
He seems like a very level-headed fellow. There was a video follow
of his apartment and walk to the paddock in Monaco, he was well
spoken, positive and he handled himself well. He even told the
camera-person that they were holding up traffic and needed to move
out of the way. (Which was extraordinary in that there was no
honking of the horn, cussing or shaking fists. Polite people these
Monegasque.)
I didn't see that, must find it.
Post by D Munz
I hope he gets the time (and car) he needs.
I do too. He's a two-time WEC champion and Le mans winner and that doesn't
happen to a person who isn't a good driver. He'll get there given time - F1
cars and the whole circus is a different world, he just needs to have no bad
luck for a weekend or two and I honestly believe he'll outperform Gasly in
the same car (and Gasly's no slow-poke pay driver).

In fact Hartley pretty much out-performed Gasly on every day of the Monaco
weekend except qualifying. He was fastest of the two in all three practice
sessions and had made up more places than Gasly in the race when he was
taken out. When spoken to after the race he said;
++++++++++++++++++++
"I'm perfectly okay," he said when asked if he'd been hurt in the collision.
"Charles and I spoke afterwards and he said he lost the brakes. It's pretty
frustrating, but that's Monaco.
"We were strong all weekend apart from Q1, where we didn't get it all
together. I was happy with how I was driving today but ultimately it wasn't
meant to be."

+++++++++++++++++++++

I hope Honda bring a good PU to Canada and Hartley doesn't have any bad
luck.

2018-06-07 20:04:42 UTC
~misfit~
2018-06-07 12:43:54 UTC
Helmet Marko wanted Lando Norris to replace Brendon Hartley at Toro
Rosso asap.
Saward's take -
https://www.motorsportweek.com/joesaward/id/00244
I know F1 is the ultimate instant-gratification business but Hartley
just needs a few more races. He's been unlucky several times so far
this season. If he hadn't had bad luck during qually twice at Monaco
(being baulked then having a yellow flag ruin his session) he'd have
qualified and likely finished the race better than Gasly. He was
faster than the Frenchman all three practice sessions. If allowed a
few more races to even out the lack factor...
*luck* factor <damnit>

2018-06-07 20:01:35 UTC
He's been unlucky
If he hadn't had bad luck
If allowed a few more races to even out the lack factor
Sir Tim
2018-06-08 08:14:11 UTC
Helmet Marko wanted Lando Norris to replace Brendon Hartley at Toro
Rosso asap.
Saward's take -
https://www.motorsportweek.com/joesaward/id/00244
I know F1 is the ultimate instant-gratification business but Hartley just
needs a few more races. He's been unlucky several times so far this season.
If he hadn't had bad luck during qually twice at Monaco (being baulked then
having a yellow flag ruin his session) he'd have qualified and likely
finished the race better than Gasly. He was faster than the Frenchman all
three practice sessions. If allowed a few more races to even out the lack
factor I'm sure STR will be happy with him (though Gasly likely won't).
Can’t help recalling Napoleon’s remark: “I know he’s a good general, but is
he lucky?”
2018-06-09 01:26:42 UTC
Helmet Marko wanted Lando Norris to replace Brendon Hartley at Toro
Rosso asap.
Saward's take -
https://www.motorsportweek.com/joesaward/id/00244
I know F1 is the ultimate instant-gratification business but Hartley
just needs a few more races. He's been unlucky several times so far
this season. If he hadn't had bad luck during qually twice at Monaco
(being baulked then having a yellow flag ruin his session) he'd have
qualified and likely finished the race better than Gasly. He was
faster than the Frenchman all three practice sessions. If allowed a
few more races to even out the lack factor I'm sure STR will be
happy with him (though Gasly likely won't).
Can't help recalling Napoleon's remark: "I know he's a good general,
but is he lucky?"
I see Hartley was again faster than Gasly in Friday running.
Hartley's fastest lap - 1.13.8
Gasly's fastest lap - 1.14.4
Both did around 40 laps in fp2.

Given a reasonable period of time luck has a way of balancing itself out.

2018-06-09 01:40:38 UTC
Given a reasonable period of time luck has a way of balancing itself out.
Fuck off with his luck.
It's skill you brain dead fuck.