2018 Hungarian GP DOTD
2018-07-29 14:56:31 UTC
P Gasly.

Mentions to Dan and KMag.

Also that Macca was a quick car today. Hmmmmm.

night,
BOT -- for his rear guard performance, from start to finish.
Sir Tim
2018-07-29 20:58:57 UTC
P Gasly.
Mentions to Dan and KMag.
Also that Macca was a quick car today. Hmmmmm.
night,
build
BOT -- for his rear guard performance, from start to finish.
What, even though he hit Vettel and took Ricciardo off? I don’t think so.
(But of course, with your irrational loathing of Hamilton you will no doubt
come up with some fiction about VB being ordered to do it by the team).
Toto thought BOT's was a great performance!
Sir Tim
2018-07-29 22:07:43 UTC
P Gasly.
Mentions to Dan and KMag.
Also that Macca was a quick car today. Hmmmmm.
night,
build
BOT -- for his rear guard performance, from start to finish.
What, even though he hit Vettel and took Ricciardo off? I don’t think so.
(But of course, with your irrational loathing of Hamilton you will no doubt
come up with some fiction about VB being ordered to do it by the team).
Toto thought BOT's was a great performance!
Which, until his clumsiness in the last few laps it was. Of course it is
debatable whether he simply couldn’t live with Hamilton or whether, on team
orders, he was deliberately delaying the Ferraris, which would go against
Toto’s pre-race statement to Sky that they would be “allowed to race” (race
until the first corner perhaps?).

But let’s not deceive ourselves: Vettel’s failure to challenge Hamilton was
not down to Bottas but to Ferrari. Without that poor pit stop who knows
what might have happened?
2018-07-29 22:41:25 UTC
P Gasly.
Mentions to Dan and KMag.
Also that Macca was a quick car today. Hmmmmm.
night,
build
BOT -- for his rear guard performance, from start to finish.
What, even though he hit Vettel and took Ricciardo off? I don’t think so.
(But of course, with your irrational loathing of Hamilton you will no doubt
come up with some fiction about VB being ordered to do it by the team).
Toto thought BOT's was a great performance!
Which, until his clumsiness in the last few laps it was. Of course it is
debatable whether he simply couldn’t live with Hamilton or whether, on team
orders, he was deliberately delaying the Ferraris, which would go against
Toto’s pre-race statement to Sky that they would be “allowed to race” (race
until the first corner perhaps?).
Allowed to race, yeah sure.
Toto is saying a whole lot of BS lately.

2018-07-29 23:14:56 UTC
BOT -- for his rear guard performance, from start to finish.
What, even though he hit Vettel and took Ricciardo off? I don’t
think so. (But of course, with your irrational loathing of
Hamilton you will no doubt come up with some fiction about VB
being ordered to do it by the team).
Toto thought BOT's was a great performance!
Which, until his clumsiness in the last few laps it was.
I was debating Ricciardo vs. Bottas as DotD until those collisions.
Daniel it is.
Post by Sir Tim
Of course it is debatable whether he simply couldn’t live with
Hamilton or whether, on team orders, he was deliberately delaying the
Ferraris, which would go against Toto’s pre-race statement to Sky
that they would be “allowed to race” (race until the first corner
perhaps?).
You don't give any weight to tire age? In my book Bottas sacrificed any
possibility of running down Hamilton when he pitted early in order to
cover Räikkönen - an obviously mandatory move from the POV of the team.
No dinner party is a success without at least one physicist.
- Joseph Jones
~misfit~
2018-07-30 02:48:12 UTC
P Gasly.
Mentions to Dan and KMag.
Also that Macca was a quick car today. Hmmmmm.
night,
build
BOT -- for his rear guard performance, from start to finish.
What, even though he hit Vettel and took Ricciardo off? I don't
think so. (But of course, with your irrational loathing of Hamilton
you will no doubt come up with some fiction about VB being ordered
to do it by the team).
Toto thought BOT's was a great performance!
And it was all things considered.
Post by Sir Tim
Which, until his clumsiness in the last few laps it was.
Clumsiness? Ferrari baited a hook and Mercedes bit, pitting Bottas to cover
Kimi on lap 16. Pirelli said the softs would do 45 laps and it turned out to
be true. Bottas was asked to take them to 54 laps and they ran out, right
about the 45 lap mark (lap 61) leaving him to do another 9 laps on tyres
that were shot.

Bottas did amazingly well considering how little grip he had for the last 9
laps. The Sky guys weren't saying anything but I could see how gingerly
Bottas was putting the power down on corner exit for the laps leading up to
him losing positions. It wasn't clumsiness it was the result of being hung
out to dry on depleted tyres.
Post by Sir Tim
Of course it
is debatable whether he simply couldn't live with Hamilton or
whether, on team orders, he was deliberately delaying the Ferraris,
which would go against Toto's pre-race statement to Sky that they
would be "allowed to race" (race until the first corner perhaps?).
Mercedes split their strategy to cover Ferrari then didn't want to concede
track position to Vettel to give Bottas a second stop.
Post by Sir Tim
But let's not deceive ourselves: Vettel's failure to challenge
Hamilton was not down to Bottas but to Ferrari. Without that poor pit
stop who knows what might have happened?
The result would have been no different. Why would Vettel be able to pass
Hamilton on similarly worn tyres when it was patently obvious he couldn't
pass Bottas when the latter's tyres were a lot older?

2018-07-29 17:35:47 UTC
P Gasly.
Mentions to Dan and KMag.
Also that Macca was a quick car today. Hmmmmm.
Not sure how 2 seconds a lap off the pace counts a quick... but I
haven't looked at the lap history.
John
2018-07-29 21:30:48 UTC
Riccardo. He even survived Bottas playing bumper cars.