Sad day .
2019-05-21 03:07:17 UTC
SAD DAY, as the joke goes ;-(

geoff
a425couple
2019-05-21 03:39:13 UTC
SAD DAY, as the joke goes ;-(
geoff
Yes. Or at least, I'm guessing you are thinking of
the passing of a person who lived a very rich and
full life.
'A remarkable life lived in technicolour'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niki_Lauda

He is now released from a period of ill health.
larkim
2019-05-21 05:23:37 UTC
RIP.
Yuhler Speertraeger
2019-05-22 13:37:35 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by geoff
SAD DAY, as the joke goes ;-(
geoff
Yes. Or at least, I'm guessing you are thinking of
the passing of a person who lived a very rich and
full life.
'A remarkable life lived in technicolour'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niki_Lauda
He is now released from a period of ill health.
Indeed. RIP Niki.
--
Best,
Yuhler

SAD DAY, as the joke goes ;-(
geoff
Yes.  Or at least, I'm guessing you are thinking of
the passing of a person who lived a very rich and
full life.
'A remarkable life lived in technicolour'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niki_Lauda
He is now released from a period of ill health.
And what a stalwart - attending GPs until right near the end.

geoff
Phil Carmody
2019-05-28 16:50:03 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by geoff
SAD DAY, as the joke goes ;-(
geoff
Yes. Or at least, I'm guessing you are thinking of
the passing of a person who lived a very rich and
full life.
'A remarkable life lived in technicolour'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niki_Lauda
He is now released from a period of ill health.
I started watching F1 in the "occasional death" era. A death at a
long-past-racing age is a reminder of how from a humanitarian
view-point, the sport has improved almost immeasurably, and therefore
has a small silver lining.

Of course, in Niki's case, his latter ill-health was directly connected
to his racing, so it's not a perfect analogy, but he managed 2 WDCs after
damaging his lungs, so it may be a direct connection, but not a strong one.

One of the greats, who gave so much to the sport.

Phil