Hamilton on Pole at Silverstone
Add Reply
Heron
2020-08-01 14:08:21 UTC
Hamilton also sets a new track record
and no one is or should be surprised.
Michael Gooding
2020-08-01 16:01:59 UTC
Post by Heron
Hamilton also sets a new track record
and no one is or should be surprised.
Thanks for the spoiler. I guess I needn't bother watching the race either.
CS
2020-08-01 16:32:55 UTC
Nope. As I posted on 11 July: Don't read this group before you've watched/listened to qualifying!🤔🤔"
Calum
2020-08-01 19:35:56 UTC
And somebody put you in charge of usenet when, exactly...?
Heron
2020-08-01 19:44:23 UTC
Post by Calum
Post by CS
Nope. As I posted on 11 July: Don't read this group before you've
watched/listened to qualifying!🤔🤔"
And somebody put you in charge of usenet when, exactly...?
The same time you, and those of your ilk, were put in charge

If one isn't interested in the news, don't read NEWSpapers,
don't listen to NEWS radio, don't watch broadcast NEWS shows,
don't view cable NEWS programs, and don't open Usenet NEWSgroups.
CS
2020-08-01 21:45:40 UTC
Not in charge at all. Just a blinding glimpse of the obvious!!
CS
2020-08-01 16:34:13 UTC
And stonking mental recovery after getting it all wrong at Luffield in Q2.
a425couple
2020-08-01 23:33:13 UTC
Post by Michael Gooding
Post by Heron
Hamilton also sets a new track record
and no one is or should be surprised.
Thanks for the spoiler. I guess I needn't bother watching the race either.
A long time ago civilized and caring humans learned,

etiquette
et·i·quette
/ˈedəkət,ˈedəˌket/
noun
the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of
a particular profession or group.

And on the newsgroups a code was developed,

Netiquette represents the importance of proper manners and
behavior online. In general, netiquette is the set of professional
and social etiquettes practiced and advocated in electronic
communication over any computer network. Nov 11, 2016

And in reference to "spoilers", it was quite simple,
put the subject in the subject line without spoiling
the news. So, say "British GP Qualifying results",
and then discuss it all you want in the body.

netiquette
Noun
(en-noun)
(Internet) Conduct while online that is appropriate and courteous
to other Internet users, and is often enforced by other internet
users.

spoiler
English
Noun
(en noun)
One who spoils; a plunderer; a pillager; a robber; a despoiler.
One who corrupts, mars, or renders useless.
A document, review or comment that discloses the ending or some
key surprise or twist in a story.
Good netiquette dictates that one warn of spoilers before discussing
them, so that readers who wish to do so may experience the surprises
for themselves.

But, now days, some do not like such courtesies.
And the more "woke" a person claims to be, the
more they seem to want to flaunt and boast.
And they can do whatever they wish.
Heron
2020-08-02 00:15:46 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by Michael Gooding
Post by Heron
[...]
I've been an irregular on usenet since '93 and hardly
in need of any lessons in manners and wouldn't shit
on the best part of a racist like you. As one might
easily determine, I am and have been quite familiar
with your bullshit posts since AWV, save your breath.
Bigbird
2020-08-02 05:55:56 UTC
Post by Heron
I've been an irregular on usenet since '93 and hardly
in need of any lessons in manners
^^^
--
Bozo bin
Texasgate
Enjoy!
Heron
2020-08-02 12:00:02 UTC
The clown who keeps a running tab and feels the necessity to
advertise to the world the residents of his kill-file, sees
no irony in charging another with being an attention seeker.

Not exactly a paragon of self awareness and worthy solely,
at best, for side-splitting entertainment with every post.
Bigbird
2020-08-03 06:16:39 UTC
Post by Heron
The clown who keeps a running tab and feels the necessity to
advertise to the world the residents of his kill-file, sees
no irony in charging another with being an attention seeker.
Maybe because there is none.
Post by Heron
Not exactly a paragon of self awareness and worthy solely,
at best, for side-splitting entertainment with every post.
How many posts is that then?

You have as little self-awareness as your claims have credibility.

You're not unique or original in any way... you are just a throwback to
the height of the Schumacher era (when you were likely a toddler I
assume).

Then, also, attention seeking fanboi's like you, jumped on the
bandwagon of late arriving supporters, like you, left spoilers, like
you, and trolled the group with worthless ill considered posts, like
you, and gained exactly zero respect, like you.

I assume you are thinking of becoming a Liverpool FC supporter.
--
Bozo bin
Texasgate
Enjoy!
Heron
2020-08-03 12:15:07 UTC
Post by Heron
Not exactly a paragon of self awareness and worthy solely,
at best, for side-splitting entertainment with every post.
How many posts is that then?
You have as little self-awareness as your claims have credibility.
You're not unique or original in any way... you are just a throwback to
the height of the Schumacher era (when you were likely a toddler I
assume).
Then, also, attention seeking fanboi's like you, jumped on the
bandwagon of late arriving supporters, like you, left spoilers, like
you, and trolled the group with worthless ill considered posts, like
you, and gained exactly zero respect, like you.
I assume you are thinking of becoming a Liverpool FC supporter.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/rec.autos.sport.nascar/A5BeaTwg928/3ssxachUAAAJ

Your conspicuous obsession to continually prove just what
an incredible dolt you are never fails to wildly entertain.
Be different, like everyone else.
Bigbird
2020-08-03 13:02:04 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Heron
Your conspicuous obsession to continually prove just what
an incredible dolt you are never fails to wildly entertain.
ZZZZZZZ
--
Bozo bin
Texasgate
Enjoy!
Heron
Yet again in a drunken stupor, no doubt.
Bigbird
2020-08-03 13:19:22 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Bigbird
Post by Heron
Post by Heron
Post by Bigbird
Post by Heron
Your conspicuous obsession to continually prove just what
an incredible dolt you are never fails to wildly entertain.
ZZZZZZZ
Yet again in a drunken stupor, no doubt.
Just bored of your meaningless drivel.
--
Bozo bin
Texasgate
Enjoy!
Heron
2020-08-03 12:40:15 UTC
Post by Heron
The clown who keeps a running tab and feels the necessity to
advertise to the world the residents of his kill-file, sees
no irony in charging another with being an attention seeker.
Then, also, attention seeking fanboi's like you, jumped on the
bandwagon of late arriving supporters, like you
Do you EVER get anything right - have you ever?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/rec.autos.sport.f1/IvWNgqA22h0/LzdvV23MAgAJ
Bigbird
2020-08-03 13:04:41 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Bigbird
Post by Heron
The clown who keeps a running tab and feels the necessity to
advertise to the world the residents of his kill-file, sees
no irony in charging another with being an attention seeker.
Then, also, attention seeking fanboi's like you, jumped on the
bandwagon of late arriving supporters, like you
Do you EVER get anything right - have you ever?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/rec.autos.sport.f1/IvWNgqA22h0/LzdvV23MAgAJ

A post from 1/8/2020...

...?
--
Bozo bin
Texasgate
Enjoy!
Heron
It's clearly over your head, go back to sleep.
Bigbird
2020-08-03 13:21:54 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Bigbird
Post by Heron
Post by Heron
Post by Bigbird
A post from 1/8/2020...
It's clearly over your head, go back to sleep.
Sure.

You verify my comments with every dull attention seeking post.
--
Bozo bin
Texasgate
Enjoy!
Heron
2020-08-03 13:35:01 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Heron
Post by Bigbird
Post by Heron
Post by Heron
Post by Bigbird
A post from 1/8/2020...
It's clearly over your head, go back to sleep.
Sure.
You verify my comments with every dull attention seeking post.
You're so bored that you just can't help yourself
from yet another anxious, immediate and tedious
response. Have another drink or two, or three ...
Bigbird
2020-08-03 21:07:03 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Bigbird
Post by Heron
Post by Bigbird
Post by Heron
Post by Heron
Post by Bigbird
Post by Heron
Post by Bigbird
A post from 1/8/2020...
It's clearly over your head, go back to sleep.
Sure.
You verify my comments with every dull attention seeking post.
You're so bored that you just can't help yourself
from yet another anxious, immediate and tedious
response. Have another drink or two, or three ...
I suspect this isn't the most times you have lost the same argument on
one day.

Naughty step little fella, now.
--
Bozo bin
Texasgate
Enjoy!
Martin Harran
2020-08-04 20:51:04 UTC
Post by Heron
Not exactly a paragon of self awareness and worthy solely,
at best, for side-splitting entertainment with every post.
How many posts is that then?
You have as little self-awareness as your claims have credibility.
You're not unique or original in any way... you are just a throwback to
the height of the Schumacher era (when you were likely a toddler I
assume).
Then, also, attention seeking fanboi's like you, jumped on the
bandwagon of late arriving supporters, like you, left spoilers, like
you, and trolled the group with worthless ill considered posts, like
you, and gained exactly zero respect, like you.
keithr0
2020-08-02 07:01:54 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by a425couple
Post by Michael Gooding
Post by Heron
[...]
Thanks for reminding me of one of the reasons that I left the UK, not
nearly so many superiority complexes around here.
~misfit~
2020-08-03 04:18:34 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by a425couple
Post by Michael Gooding
Post by Heron
[...]
I'm sure that the rest of the UK are pleased that an inferior person left too.

Spoilers rarely do much, they're an aesthetic decoration really.
Bob Latham
2020-08-02 09:13:39 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by Michael Gooding
Post by Heron
Hamilton also sets a new track record
and no one is or should be surprised.
Thanks for the spoiler. I guess I needn't bother watching the race either.
A long time ago civilized and caring humans learned,
etiquette
et·i·quette
/#ed#k#t,#ed##ket/
noun
the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of
a particular profession or group.
And on the newsgroups a code was developed,
Netiquette represents the importance of proper manners and
behavior online. In general, netiquette is the set of professional
and social etiquettes practiced and advocated in electronic
communication over any computer network. Nov 11, 2016
And in reference to "spoilers", it was quite simple,
put the subject in the subject line without spoiling
the news. So, say "British GP Qualifying results",
and then discuss it all you want in the body.
[Snip]

Okay, I see the point you are making. Now I need to ask a question.

If you know there has been an F1 event and you do not wish to know
the result of that event until you've seen it, why in heaven's name
would you visit and F1 NEWS newsgroup where you might expect to see
F! News?

Just asking for a friend. :-)

Bob.
~misfit~
2020-08-02 10:09:22 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by Michael Gooding
Post by Heron
[...]
Usenet netiquette (or "old netiquette" as you put it in the subject) died when Google removed the
barrier to entry to usenet that finding an NNTP provider and setting up a client used to be.
Post by a425couple
spoiler
English
Noun
(en noun)
One who spoils; a plunderer; a pillager; a robber; a despoiler.
One who corrupts, mars, or renders useless.
A document, review or comment that discloses the ending or some
key surprise or twist in a story.
Good netiquette dictates that one warn of spoilers before discussing
them, so that readers who wish to do so may experience the surprises
for themselves.
But, now days, some do not like such courtesies.
And the more "woke" a person claims to be, the
more they seem to want to flaunt and boast.
And they can do whatever they wish.
There are two types of people; Those who only rely on others to do the right thing (and complain
when they don't) and those who take precautions in case they don't.

Michael Gooding discovered not very long ago that spoilers were to be found here yet here he is
again, (apparently) reading the newsgroup and blaming others for his lack of foresight.

You can't cure stupid.

2020-08-04 20:48:40 UTC
On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 22:09:22 +1200, ~misfit~
Post by ~misfit~
Post by a425couple
Post by Michael Gooding
Post by Heron
[...]
Lack of netiquette was more often absent than not long before Google
got involved.
You can't cure stupid.
~misfit~
2020-08-05 00:10:10 UTC
Post by ~misfit~
Post by a425couple
Post by Michael Gooding
Post by Heron
[...]
Agreed. However Google acquiring Deja News and creating their own web2news portal was the final
nail in the coffin.

texas gate
2020-08-05 04:26:14 UTC
Ya, they couldnt weed out cock sucking idiots like you.
Martin Harran
2020-08-05 07:58:26 UTC
On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 12:10:10 +1200, ~misfit~
[...]
Post by ~misfit~
Post by Martin Harran
Post by ~misfit~
Usenet netiquette (or "old netiquette" as you put it in the subject) died when Google removed the
barrier to entry to usenet that finding an NNTP provider and setting up a client used to be.
Lack of netiquette was more often absent than not long before Google
got involved.
Agreed. However Google acquiring Deja News and creating their own web2news portal was the final
nail in the coffin.
I'm not a fan of Google Groups though I have occasionally find it
useful when I am traveling and cannot access a 'proper' newsreader. I
do think, however, that if Google hadn't taken over Deja, Usenet would
be totally dead by now. Opinions may vary as to whether a quick death
would have been better than the drawn out, withering existence it is
currently going through :)

~misfit~
2020-08-02 09:57:42 UTC
Post by Michael Gooding
Post by Heron
Hamilton also sets a new track record
and no one is or should be surprised.
Thanks for the spoiler. I guess I needn't bother watching the race either.
There's no cure for stupidity so no, probably no point you watching the race if you're not watching
it live, you only care about who wins and you're visiting fora or sites devoted to F1.

Michael Gooding
2020-08-03 14:52:53 UTC
Post by Michael Gooding
Post by Heron
Hamilton also sets a new track record
and no one is or should be surprised.
Thanks for the spoiler. I guess I needn't bother watching the race either.
There's no cure for stupidity so no, probably no point you watching the race if you're not watching
it live, you only care about who wins and you're visiting fora or sites devoted to F1.
--
How perfectly beastly of you. Actually, I don't switch off as soon as the flag comes down, because I'm interested in how all four English drivers perform, plus my other favourites, like Max, Leclerc and Danny. And also vainly hoping that Williams don't finish last.

Still, never mind.
Alan Baker
2020-08-02 03:55:08 UTC
Post by Heron
Hamilton also sets a new track record
and no one is or should be surprised.
Indeed.

As he is in a car that is clearly much faster than the next best car.

Remember, he's 3 tenths faster than Bottas...

...but Bottas is SEVEN tenths faster than 3rd place.
Philip
2020-08-02 16:26:25 UTC
Post by Heron
Hamilton also sets a new track record
and no one is or should be surprised.
Indeed. You could have put my cat in the Mercedes and it would have done
the same thing, given the dominance of the car.
Heron
2020-08-02 16:44:56 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Hamilton also sets a new track record
and no one is or should be surprised.
Indeed. You could have put my cat in the Mercedes and it would have done
the same thing, given the dominance of the car.
Funny the formerly highly regarded Bottas can't,
nor could the even more highly touted Schumacher.
Mercedes was lost before Hamilton arrived. One
year after acclimating and helping to develop
the car, they've won every championship to date.
Alan Baker
2020-08-02 17:34:21 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Hamilton also sets a new track record
and no one is or should be surprised.
Indeed. You could have put my cat in the Mercedes and it would have done
the same thing, given the dominance of the car.
Funny the formerly highly regarded Bottas can't,
So I was just imagining things when Bottas outqualified Hamilton in
Austria this year...

...and doing so 5 times in 2019.
Post by Heron
nor could the even more highly touted Schumacher.
The "highly touted Schumacher" who was coming off a three-year absence
from racing...

...who was 16 years older than Hamilton...

...and a 7-time champion (and therefore, not nearly as hungry)?

That Schumacher?
Post by Heron
Mercedes was lost before Hamilton arrived. One
Ummmm... ...no.

Mercedes had just purchased 45% of Brawn GP...

...which had won the Driver's and Constructor's World Championships.
Post by Heron
year after acclimating and helping to develo
the car, they've won every championship to date.
So they went from winning as Brawn to winning as Mercedes...

..but somehow they were "lost" until Hamilton came along.

Riiiiiiight.
a425couple
2020-08-03 17:41:43 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Hamilton also sets a new track record
and no one is or should be surprised.
Indeed. You could have put my cat in the Mercedes and it would have done
the same thing, given the dominance of the car.
Funny the formerly highly regarded Bottas can't,
nor could the even more highly touted Schumacher.
Mercedes was lost before Hamilton arrived.
That is just a total falsehood.
Most teams do not get any victories in a year.
Certainly a team that is "lost" would not get a win.

In 2012 there were 5 teams that got wins. Mercedes was
one of them with Nico Rosberg as the driver, while Hamilton
was still at McLaren.
Heron
2020-08-03 19:02:03 UTC
Post by a425couple
Post by Heron
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Hamilton also sets a new track record
and no one is or should be surprised.
Indeed. You could have put my cat in the Mercedes and it would have done
the same thing, given the dominance of the car.
Funny the formerly highly regarded Bottas can't,
nor could the even more highly touted Schumacher.
Mercedes was lost before Hamilton arrived.
That is just a total falsehood.
No, nothing whatsoever in my post was false in any regard.
Post by a425couple
Most teams do not get any victories in a year.
Certainly a team that is "lost" would not get a win.
In contrast, a team that won every championship one year after
Hamilton's arrival, while winning none in the previous 3 years
2010 thru 2012) despite having the 'World's Greatest Driver'
during that time (in which they couldn't even garner third
place in the championship), would certainly be considered lost.
(Particularly given that in a previous year, with the team
owned by Brawn, they won 15 podiums and the championship.)
The first year in which Hamilton replaced Schumacher, they
came in second and have won every championship since to date.
Post by a425couple
In 2012 there were 5 teams that got wins.  Mercedes was
one of them with Nico Rosberg as the driver, while Hamilton
was still at McLaren.
Among your other issues, even with the benefit of a doubt,
you clearly have a reading comprehension disability, at best.
Be unique, like everyone else.
Alan Baker
2020-08-03 20:55:06 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by a425couple
Post by Heron
Post by a425couple
Most teams do not get any victories in a year.
Certainly a team that is "lost" would not get a win.
In contrast, a team that won every championship one year after
Hamilton's arrival, while winning none in the previous 3 years
2010 thru 2012) despite having the 'World's Greatest Driver'
during that time (in which they couldn't even garner third
place in the championship), would certainly be considered lost.
Only by fanbois.
Post by Heron
(Particularly given that in a previous year, with the team
owned by Brawn, they won 15 podiums and the championship.)
The first year in which Hamilton replaced Schumacher, they
came in second and have won every championship since to date.
So you're saying that changing the team OWNERSHIP magically changes how
well the car works?
To help you in your ignorance, Lee is an actual racer. You are a fanboi.
Alan Baker
2020-08-02 17:24:31 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Hamilton also sets a new track record
and no one is or should be surprised.
Indeed. You could have put my cat in the Mercedes and it would have done
the same thing, given the dominance of the car.
Well... ...maybe not your cat...

:-)
Philip
2020-08-03 09:18:38 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Hamilton also sets a new track record
and no one is or should be surprised.
Indeed. You could have put my cat in the Mercedes and it would have done
the same thing, given the dominance of the car.
Well... ...maybe not your cat...
:-)
I hope that you're not impuning my cat's driving abilities!

Just because he prefers to spend most of his time eating and sleeping
doesn't mean that he couldn't pilot the Mercedes around the track faster
than anyof the other cars...
~misfit~
2020-08-03 04:11:34 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Hamilton also sets a new track record
and no one is or should be surprised.
Indeed. You could have put my cat in the Mercedes and it would have done
the same thing, given the dominance of the car.
You're in the wrong group. This is for people who follow and enjoy Formula 1. There are groups for
furries and racists, maybe ask someone with a clue how to find them?

Philip
2020-08-03 09:42:53 UTC
In article <rg82pm$cfe$***@dont-email.me>, ***@gmail.com
says...
Post by ~misfit~
furries and racists, maybe ask someone with a clue how to find them?
What an extremely bizarre comment!

I'm not sure how you equate a comment about the total dominance of the
Mercedes car with being "racist".

Perhaps you are mistaking rec.autos.sport.f1 with
alt.snowflake.and.i.love.lewis.hamilton.and.want.to.have.his.babies?

(And I don't need any instructions on how to use Usenet. I've probably been
here FAR longer than you have!)
~misfit~
2020-08-03 12:50:32 UTC
Post by Philip
says...
Post by ~misfit~
furries and racists, maybe ask someone with a clue how to find them?
What an extremely bizarre comment!
I'm not sure how you equate a comment about the total dominance of the
Mercedes car with being "racist".
Really? You claimed that you cat "would have done the same thing" as Hamilton did in the same car.
You know, the bit that you redacted.

So it's just coincidence that you equate your cat's skills with the only black guy in the series?
That you constantly post derisive comments about Hamilton? Maybe you'd be less... outspoken if he
wasn't winning so much?
Post by Philip
Perhaps you are mistaking rec.autos.sport.f1 with
alt.snowflake.and.i.love.lewis.hamilton.and.want.to.have.his.babies?
Not at all. I've been watching F1 since the 1980s and know driving talent when I see it. It has
nothing to do with ice crystals or love / sex / whatever your twisted mind is thinking.
Post by Philip
(And I don't need any instructions on how to use Usenet. I've probably been
here FAR longer than you have!)
Perhaps so. I've only been reading and posting to usenet since early 1994 when I got my first
modem. Back then there weren't a lot of public web pages, the 'www' itself was quite young so email
and usenet were about the only ways to communicate. I don't know of any web forums from that era.

Philip
2020-08-03 19:31:55 UTC
In article <rg916r$e4c$***@dont-email.me>, ***@gmail.com
says...
Post by ~misfit~
So it's just coincidence that you equate your cat's skills with the only
black guy in the series?

My comments are entirely related to the fact that Hamilton is, in my
opinion, an average driver who by luck managed to end up in the dominant
car on the grid. At leasst half the grid, gievn the same car over the same
period, would have equalled or surpassed his successes.

However, the fact that YOU can only regard Hamilton as a "black guy", and
so can only envisage any criticism of him as being related to his skin
colour (rather than his very average - at an F1 level - driving skills)
says far more about YOUR racist view of the world than anything else.
Post by ~misfit~
Perhaps so. I've only been reading and posting to usenet since early 1994 when I got my first
modem. Back then there weren't a lot of public web pages, the 'www' itself was quite young so email
and usenet were about the only ways to communicate. I don't know of any web forums from that era.
My first Usernet posting (to comp.os.vms) was in 1985 or 1986. By 1994 so
many newbies and AOLers had jumped on the bandwagon that the noise-to-
signal ratio made it almost useless.
Heron
2020-08-03 19:39:30 UTC
Post by Philip
says...
Post by ~misfit~
So it's just coincidence that you equate your cat's skills with the only
black guy in the series?
My comments are entirely related to the fact that Hamilton is, in my
opinion, an average driver who by luck managed to end up in the dominant
car on the grid. At leasst half the grid, gievn the same car over the same
period, would have equalled or surpassed his successes.
Luck?! Guess again mouth breather.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/rec.autos.sport.f1/IvWNgqA22h0/Biod0HdYAwAJ
Alan Baker
2020-08-03 21:04:19 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Philip
says...
Post by ~misfit~
So it's just coincidence that you equate your cat's skills with the only
black guy in the series?
My comments are entirely related to the fact that Hamilton is, in my
opinion, an average driver who by luck managed to end up in the dominant
car on the grid. At leasst half the grid, gievn the same car over the same
period, would have equalled or surpassed his successes.
Luck?! Guess again mouth breather.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/rec.autos.sport.f1/IvWNgqA22h0/Biod0HdYAwAJ
And how was repeating that post in any way illuminating?

In 2019, if you take Hamilton out of the equation, Bottas wins 10 rounds
of the WDC. He beat Hamilton 4 times and finished second to him 6 times.

So if Hamilton is the "greatest" because of those 6 victories, does that
mean Bottas is the second greatest of all time, Fanboi?
Alan Baker
2020-08-03 20:58:20 UTC
Post by Philip
says...
Post by ~misfit~
So it's just coincidence that you equate your cat's skills with the only
black guy in the series?
My comments are entirely related to the fact that Hamilton is, in my
opinion, an average driver who by luck managed to end up in the dominant
car on the grid. At leasst half the grid, gievn the same car over the same
period, would have equalled or surpassed his successes.
Personally, I think that Hamilton is one of the best drivers out there,
and the colour of his skin makes absolutely no difference to me in my
opinions about him as a driver or in any other way.

I just think that simply declaring him the "Greatest of All Time!" when
it's quite clear that he has almost always been in a car that is quite
obviously the class of the field is pretty ridiculous.

Right now, in equal equipment, I'd put my money on Verstappen and
perhaps Leclerc, with Lando Norris showing that he may have far more
driving ability than the McLaren lets him show.
~misfit~
2020-08-04 01:00:07 UTC
Post by Philip
says...
Post by ~misfit~
So it's just coincidence that you equate your cat's skills with the only
black guy in the series?
My comments are entirely related to the fact that Hamilton is, in my
opinion, an average driver who by luck managed to end up in the dominant
car on the grid. At leasst half the grid, gievn the same car over the same
period, would have equalled or surpassed his successes.
Rosberg? Bottas?
Post by Philip
However, the fact that YOU can only regard Hamilton as a "black guy", and
so can only envisage any criticism of him as being related to his skin
colour (rather than his very average - at an F1 level - driving skills)
says far more about YOUR racist view of the world than anything else.
So you're saying that Bottas is an extremely crap driver, far below average and far worse than your
cat - yet you ignore him completely and constantly deride Hamilton. It's hard to NOT see overt
racism there.

BTW I don't claim to be not racist (however I do try to not be, either publicly or in my thinking).
Being racist is part of what defines us as a species. Racism / tribalist tendencies are the reason
why homo sapiens were able to displace the stronger, more intelligent neanderthals. Racism is also
how homo sapiens displaced the Denisovian and Heidelbergensis species. Neanderthals, Denisovians
and Heidelbergensians were more solitary, sticking to small family groups and so were easy pickings
for homo sapiens who banded together into larger groups. There's power in numbers and an "us
against them" mindset... It's shaped the modern world and drawn borders on the maps and continues
to do so.

So 'racism' is part of our evolutionary inheritance. However the more enlightened amongst us
recognise that it is no longer a desirable trait now that the whole of the world is inhabited by
homo sapiens and we all have powerful weapons. So we do our best to minimise or eliminate it from
our thoughts and actions. However some more primitive people hold onto it and display it against
other groups of h. sapiens that they consider to be weaker and not in a position to hurt them (or
their brethren).
Post by ~misfit~
modem. Back then there weren't a lot of public web pages, the 'www' itself was quite young so email
and usenet were about the only ways to communicate. I don't know of any web forums from that era.
My first Usernet posting (to comp.os.vms) was in 1985 or 1986. By 1994 so
many newbies and AOLers had jumped on the bandwagon that the noise-to-
signal ratio made it almost useless.
I wasn't part of the AOL Eternal September. I'm in New Zealand and got internet at home very soon
after it first became (affordably) available. Previous to that it was only available here in
universities, then large businesses (due to pricing).

Before the internet I only used computers for my own small business bookkeeping, I wasn't a geek
though by 1994 I was on my third computer (a 486 DX2/66).

2020-08-04 01:39:31 UTC
Post by Philip
says...
Post by ~misfit~
So it's just coincidence that you equate your cat's skills with the only
black guy in the series?
My comments are entirely related to the fact that Hamilton is, in my
opinion, an average driver who by luck managed to end up in the dominant
car on the grid. At leasst half the grid, gievn the same car over the same
period, would have equalled or surpassed his successes.
Rosberg? Bottas?
Right. You get that there are team orders in F1, right; regardless of
what they say?

For all we know, the only reason that Bottas didn't take the lead on lap
1 at Silverstone is he was told to back off unless he was clear ahead
before a certain point.
Post by ~misfit~
Post by Philip
However, the fact that YOU can only regard Hamilton as a "black guy", and
so can only envisage any criticism of him as being related to his skin
colour (rather than his very average - at an F1 level - driving skills)
says far more about YOUR racist view of the world than anything else.
So you're saying that Bottas is an extremely crap driver, far below
average and far worse than your cat - yet you ignore him completely and
constantly deride Hamilton. It's hard to NOT see overt racism there.
Not anointing Hamilton as the greatest of all time by pointing out that
his wins have almost all come in what has clearly been the best car
isn't "constantly deriding" him.
Post by ~misfit~
BTW I don't claim to be not racist (however I do try to not be, either
publicly or in my thinking). Being racist is part of what defines us as
a species.
No. Bullshit.

Racism is LEARNED. Children may notice that people differ in skin colour
and/or other features, but they have to be taught that it marks those
other people as lesser.
Philip
2020-08-04 21:36:40 UTC
In article <rgabup$sdc$***@dont-email.me>, ***@gmail.com
says...
Post by ~misfit~
cat - yet you ignore him completely and constantly deride Hamilton. It's hard to NOT see overt
racism there.
So the only possible reason that anybody can ever be in any way critical of
Hamilton is because they are overtly racist? Err, right.
And with that you go in my Bozo file. Plonk.
~misfit~
2020-08-05 00:05:55 UTC
Post by Philip
says...
Post by ~misfit~
cat - yet you ignore him completely and constantly deride Hamilton. It's hard to NOT see overt
racism there.
So the only possible reason that anybody can ever be in any way critical of
Hamilton is because they are overtly racist? Err, right.
Yep. Hamilton consistently does better then Bottas but you belittle him at every opportunity
(saying an animal could do as well), saying the car is awesome and yet say nothing about the white
driver in an equal car who does less well.
Post by Philip
Post by ~misfit~
So 'racism' is part of our evolutionary inheritance.
And with that you go in my Bozo file. Plonk.
An overt racist who 'plonks' science! Say no more (please).

2020-08-05 00:28:51 UTC
Post by Philip
says...
Post by ~misfit~
cat - yet you ignore him completely and constantly deride Hamilton.
It's hard to NOT see overt
racism there.
So the only possible reason that anybody can ever be in any way critical of
Hamilton is because they are overtly racist? Err, right.
Yep. Hamilton consistently does better then Bottas but you belittle him
at every opportunity (saying an animal could do as well), saying the car
is awesome and yet say nothing about the white driver in an equal car
who does less well.
It's called "hyperbole".

And there is no doubt that:

1. Hamilton is better than Bottas.

2. Bottas does what the team orders him to do.
Post by ~misfit~
Post by Philip
Post by ~misfit~
So 'racism' is part of our evolutionary inheritance.
And with that you go in my Bozo file. Plonk.
An overt racist who 'plonks' science! Say no more (please).
You DO realize that you saying "science!"...

...doesn't actually support your claim...

...right?