Codemasters F1 2018
2018-10-04 17:17:06 UTC
I know you are all a load of middle-aged cynics here but if you doubt
the realism of modern computer games/sims take a look at this:

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/256721092/movie480.webm?t=1530530039

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
MT2
2018-10-04 23:34:10 UTC
I know you are all a load of middle-aged cynics here but if you doubt
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/256721092/movie480.webm?t=1530530039
Wasn't that an animation, 'cos I watched it on my crappy laptop and it
looked ok, but I know game players need dogs goolies computers and
graphic cards for a game to look that good. And a fancy wobbling seat,
foot pedals, etc, etc.
Alan Baker
2018-10-04 23:43:40 UTC
Post by MT2
Post by Sir Tim
I know you are all a load of middle-aged cynics here but if you doubt
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/256721092/movie480.webm?t=1530530039
Wasn't that an animation, 'cos I watched it on my crappy laptop and it
looked ok, but I know game players need dogs goolies computers and
graphic cards for a game to look that good.  And a fancy wobbling seat,
foot pedals, etc, etc.
You were watching a VIDEO. So it required no special computing power
from your system in order to watch it.

However, the video itself was made on a computer with a very fast and
capable graphics card. The implication is that what you see in the video
is what is possible to see in the production game, but we don't actually
have any proof of that.
MT2
You really are a twat of the first water.
Alan Baker
By all means, expand on your thought.
t***@gmail.com
2018-10-05 03:09:48 UTC
By all means, expand on your thought.
He can't. He is a one cell amoeba.
geoff
2018-10-05 00:33:58 UTC
Post by MT2
Post by Sir Tim
I know you are all a load of middle-aged cynics here but if you doubt
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/256721092/movie480.webm?t=1530530039
Wasn't that an animation, 'cos I watched it on my crappy laptop and it
looked ok, but I know game players need dogs goolies computers and
graphic cards for a game to look that good.  And a fancy wobbling
seat, foot pedals, etc, etc.
You were watching a VIDEO. So it required no special computing power
from your system in order to watch it.
However, the video itself was made on a computer with a very fast and
capable graphics card. The implication is that what you see in the video
is what is possible to see in the production game, but we don't actually
have any proof of that.
Not to be pedantic, but as the case warrants (as ever) I think you
mean "the video was made FROM a computer with a very fast ....."

2018-10-05 02:44:21 UTC
Or "of".
Or "logoff".
Alan Baker
2018-10-05 00:48:41 UTC
Post by MT2
Post by Sir Tim
[...]
No. That isn't what I mean.

It was made ON such a computer.
Calum
2018-10-05 11:06:24 UTC
However, the video itself was made on a computer with a very fast and
capable graphics card. The implication is that what you see in the video
is what is possible to see in the production game, but we don't actually
have any proof of that.
The game's been out for weeks and there are plenty of YouTube videos
available, or you can buy it yourself...
Alan Baker
2018-10-05 16:22:58 UTC
Post by Calum
Post by Alan Baker
However, the video itself was made on a computer with a very fast and
capable graphics card. The implication is that what you see in the
video is what is possible to see in the production game, but we don't
actually have any proof of that.
The game's been out for weeks and there are plenty of YouTube videos
available, or you can buy it yourself...
I'm not claiming it wasn't possible in the production game...

...just that we can't know either way.

Don't read more into what I said than what was there.

:-)
b***@topmail.co.nz
2018-10-06 09:26:34 UTC
However, the video itself was made on a computer with a very fast and
capable graphics card. The implication is that what you see in the video
is what is possible to see in the production game, but we don't actually
have any proof of that.
The video looks like 576 lines. You could do that with a basic graphics
card. But if you wish to play the game at 4K, you would need 2 recent model
monster cards.

t***@gmail.com
2018-10-05 02:17:50 UTC
Post by MT2
I watched it on my crappy laptop
Get a fucking life. A job?
Stop crying. Are you misfit?
t***@gmail.com
2018-10-05 05:54:20 UTC
Post by MT2
I watched it on my crappy laptop
That is sad.
Now you have winter coming.
Prioritize.
t***@gmail.com
2018-10-05 05:59:13 UTC
Post by MT2
I watched it on my crappy laptop
Crappy attitude = crappy laptop
Ask misfart.
t***@gmail.com
2018-10-05 06:03:39 UTC
Too stupid to upgrade in 2018.
t***@gmail.com
2018-10-05 06:05:01 UTC
Does it stink in there too?
t***@gmail.com
2018-10-05 06:09:56 UTC
Post by MT2
I watched it on my crappy laptop
And it's very dreary there too
with the rain. Combine that with
your shit attitude. Take care.
t***@gmail.com
2018-10-05 06:11:58 UTC
Full of gay porn viruses.
t***@gmail.com
2018-10-05 06:17:39 UTC
Post by MT2
I watched it on my crappy laptop
Misfarts could be crappier.
You pair of loser, whiny, fags,
should compare hardware.
Bruce Hoult
2018-10-05 00:05:43 UTC
I know you are all a load of middle-aged cynics here but if you doubt
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/256721092/movie480.webm?t=1530530039
I may be past middle-aged by now. Very kind.

To be honest, it doesn't look significantly better than when I played with a friend's home setup SIX AND A HALF YEARS AGO

(bearing in mind this would have been filmed on a iPhone 4)
Bruce Hoult
2018-10-05 00:07:30 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
Post by Sir Tim
I know you are all a load of middle-aged cynics here but if you doubt
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/256721092/movie480.webm?t=1530530039
I may be past middle-aged by now. Very kind.
To be honest, it doesn't look significantly better than when I played with a friend's home setup SIX AND A HALF YEARS AGO
http://youtu.be/1C5wQh2PpQQ
(bearing in mind this would have been filmed on a iPhone 4)
Topically for this weekend: after we played with both F1 and V8 Supercars at Monaco we switched to trying both of them at Mt Panorama, another fabulous but very different track.
Calum
2018-10-05 11:08:32 UTC
Post by Bruce Hoult
To be honest, it doesn't look significantly better than when I played with a friend's home setup SIX AND A HALF YEARS AGO
It's not significantly better (though that's also not the Codemasters F1
games you're playing, so it's hard to compare like for like). Most of
the improvements in the Codemasters games in recent years have been in
the career mode gameplay, rather than the graphics.
t***@gmail.com
2018-10-05 02:15:26 UTC
I know you are all a load of middle-aged cynics here
Thank you for taking a break from your sick
obsession with mens facial hair.
But continuing on with more lunacy.