Hamilton Voted DotD
Add Reply
Heron
2020-08-02 15:29:17 UTC
2020-08-02 15:38:29 UTC

2020-08-02 22:17:35 UTC

2020-08-02 23:43:17 UTC
2020-08-03 04:05:12 UTC
Speak for yourself you spineless idiot.
t***@gmail.com
2020-08-03 04:09:26 UTC
Maybe he does, or maybe not.
geoff
maybe maybe? Logoff fool
John
2020-08-03 01:03:27 UTC
Amazing car handling given that he was driving a wreck the last lap. Has F1 said anything about why so many tires failed so badly?
Mark Jackson
2020-08-03 01:12:24 UTC
Post by John
Amazing car handling given that he was driving a wreck the last lap.
Has F1 said anything about why so many tires failed so badly?
Pirelli is looking into it.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/151028/pirelli-launches-investigation-into-british-gp-failures
Natural selection is a beguiling counterfeiter
of deliberate purpose. - Richard Dawkins
Heron
2020-08-03 01:13:14 UTC
Post by John
Amazing car handling given that he was driving a wreck the last lap.
He's the best there's ever been.
Post by John
Has F1 said anything about why so many tires failed so badly?
I've read conjecture that they were due to debris.
Seems unlikely given the number of failures though.
Alan Baker
2020-08-03 01:17:27 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by John
Amazing car handling given that he was driving a wreck the last lap.
He's the best there's ever been.
He's in one of the best cars (for its era) that's ever been...

...and lots of drivers have nursed home cars on damaged tires...

...some even did it better than Hamilton...

...who should have come in the moment Bottas had a problem.
Heron
2020-08-03 03:34:25 UTC
Post by John
Has F1 said anything about why so many tires failed so badly?
I've read conjecture that they were due to debris.
Seems unlikely given the number of failures though.
I guess it was debris (in Hamilton's case) after all:
Hamilton convinced debris caused last-lap tyre failure
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-convinced-debris-caused-last-lap-tyre-failure/4848649
t***@gmail.com
2020-08-03 03:58:32 UTC
Post by Heron
I guess
lol
~misfit~
2020-08-03 04:18:26 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by John
Has F1 said anything about why so many tires failed so badly?
I've read conjecture that they were due to debris.
Seems unlikely given the number of failures though.
Hamilton convinced debris caused last-lap tyre failure
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-convinced-debris-caused-last-lap-tyre-failure/4848649
Hamilton's a very canny fellow. IMO he's trying to take some heat off Pirelli knowing that those
involved in F1 usually return favours. He states that he "thought there was plenty of life left in
the hard compound Pirellis".

2020-08-03 04:24:01 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by John
Has F1 said anything about why so many tires failed so badly?
I've read conjecture that they were due to debris.
Seems unlikely given the number of failures though.
Hamilton convinced debris caused last-lap tyre failure
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-convinced-debris-caused-last-lap-tyre-failure/4848649
Now that I check other F1 articles I see that Pirelli are suggesting that it may have been caused
by debris and even mentioned Kimis wing. Hamilton's just repeating the party line.

IMO there's no such thing as a coincidence, yet alone three cars all have non-puncture type
failures of the left front tyre after 30+ laps. By non-puncture I mean not explosive and for the
most part the tread staying intact.

And because Hamilton said it, you the devoted fanboi must believe it.
Alan LeHun
2020-08-03 08:29:02 UTC
In article <rg8b9b$gjk$***@dont-email.me>, ***@no.no.no.no
says...
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Heron
Post by Heron
I've read conjecture that they were due to debris.
Seems unlikely given the number of failures though.
Hamilton convinced debris caused last-lap tyre failure
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-convinced-debris-caused-last-lap-tyre-failure/4848649
And because Hamilton said it, you the devoted fanboi must believe it.
What part of the phrases "Seems unlikely" and "I guess" led you to that
conclusion?
--
Alan LeHun
2020-08-03 09:56:43 UTC
Post by Alan LeHun
says...
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Heron
Post by Heron
I've read conjecture that they were due to debris.
Seems unlikely given the number of failures though.
Hamilton convinced debris caused last-lap tyre failure
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-convinced-debris-caused-last-lap-tyre-failure/4848649
And because Hamilton said it, you the devoted fanboi must believe it.
What part of the phrases "Seems unlikely" and "I guess" led you to that
conclusion?
You need to bear in mind that bigots only see what their bigotry
allows them to see.
Post by Alan LeHun
Alan LeHun
Alan Baker
LOL!
Dex
2020-08-03 10:47:28 UTC
Post by Alan LeHun
says...
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Heron
Post by Heron
I've read conjecture that they were due to debris.
Seems unlikely given the number of failures though.
Hamilton convinced debris caused last-lap tyre failure
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-convinced-debris-caused-last-lap-tyre-failure/4848649
And because Hamilton said it, you the devoted fanboi must believe it.
What part of the phrases "Seems unlikely" and "I guess" led you to that
conclusion?
Bit of a coincidence that it was the same tyre on all three cars.

But Kvyat saying he was distracted by fiddling with switches on his
steering wheel... :)
Alan LeHun
2020-08-03 16:30:05 UTC
Post by Dex
Bit of a coincidence that it was the same tyre on all three cars.
Depends on the cause.

Any track will load the tyres in a particular way which would be similar
for every car. So for Silverstone, every car (probably) had greatest
wear on the front left.

However, in this case debris has been suggested as a possible cause and
yes, you would expect that to be a bit more random between the two front
tyres (rear tyres being much less susceptible to debris damage). This
would give a 1 in 4 chance that all 3 cars would lose the same tyre
which by no means could be considered suspicious.

And another however. It could well have been a combination of the two in
which case the odds drop lower.
Post by Dex
But Kvyat saying he was distracted by fiddling with switches on his
steering wheel... :)
Which suggests to me that he suspects debris also. (I didn't see it
until it was too late, sort of thing)
--
Alan LeHun
2020-08-03 03:45:17 UTC
Post by Heron
I've read conjecture that they were due to debris.
Meat pie fast food containers
Oh fucking yum
t***@gmail.com
2020-08-03 03:55:25 UTC
Looks like half of the containers had a meat substitute.
Heron
2020-08-03 12:24:40 UTC
Post by Heron
As he nearly always is, and one of
the times this site gets it right.
https://www.formula1.com/en/vote.html
Whereas this site invariably gets it right.

Vote for your 2020 British Grand Prix Driver of the Weekend
https://www.racefans.net/2020/08/02/vote-for-your-2020-british-grand-prix-driver-of-the-weekend/