ping Bigbird
2020-04-24 18:52:29 UTC
How are you doing Bird, are you okay?
2020-04-24 19:25:21 UTC
How are you doing Bird, are you okay?
probably still has that bad attitude
Bigbird
2020-04-24 19:38:50 UTC
How are you doing Bird, are you okay?
Hey Trev,

Thanks for asking. All good here. How about yourself?

I am pretty lucky in that I can still get out and about and meet
clients albeit a somewhat different business model. I now just walk
some of my clients dogs while they self-isolate from, or in a couple of
cases quarantine with, the virus. Keeps me sane, which to be honest is
my bigger concern for many people. No-one I know has come to any
serious harm so far.

I can't quite get into the simulation scene. I prefer bird-watching (in
a very casual way). :)

I hope you are not finding it too tricky. What have you been reading? I
could do with a couple of recommendations.
--
"However much you deny the truth, the truth goes on existing."
~ George Orwell

Impeached President Trump 16,241 false or misleading claims in his
first three years

"So if you only watch Fox News, because it's
reinforcing what you believe, you are not an informed citizen."
t***@gmail.com
This will not help your health
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-25 02:44:24 UTC
No-one I know has come to any
serious harm so far.
Serious harm? Who the fuck talks like that?
Post by Bigbird
I hope you are not finding it too tricky.
Tricky? LOL is that what you call it in the UK?
Post by Bigbird
"However much you deny the truth, the truth goes on existing."
~ George Orwell
Impeached President Trump 16,241 false or misleading claims in his
first three years
"So if you only watch Fox News, because it's
reinforcing what you believe, you are not an informed citizen."
Trump saving your useless ass in the UK right now.
Fucking useless mouthpiece.
Alister
2020-04-26 17:22:58 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
No-one I know has come to any serious harm so far.
Serious harm? Who the fuck talks like that?
I hope you are not finding it too tricky.
Tricky? LOL is that what you call it in the UK?
"However much you deny the truth, the truth goes on existing."
~ George Orwell
Impeached President Trump 16,241 false or misleading claims in his
first three years
"So if you only watch Fox News, because it's reinforcing what you
believe, you are not an informed citizen."
Trump saving your useless ass in the UK right now.
Fucking useless mouthpiece.
hmm, Trump - "Hey what about injecting Disinfectant"
Oxford university - Human trials of vaccine started.

who is saving Who's arse again?
--
Real Men don't make backups. They upload it via ftp and let the world
mirror
-- Linus Torvalds
Bigbird
2020-04-26 19:20:02 UTC
Post by Alister
hmm, Trump - "Hey what about injecting Disinfectant"
Oxford university - Human trials of vaccine started.
who is saving Who's arse again?
Please don't remind me that waste of oxygen exists by quoting his
worthless tripe or my only option is to filter your posts too.

t***@gmail.com
dont worry, trump will save your lazy ass
t***@gmail.com
Is trev short for trevor?
Sir Tim
2020-04-26 21:42:29 UTC
How are you doing Bird, are you okay?
Hey Trev,
Thanks for asking. All good here. How about yourself?
Yes I’m doing pretty well thanks. For the last couple of years I have been
fairly self-isolated anyway as I live alone and deafness makes (made) a
visit to the pub a rather fruitless exercise. My part of Shropshire is
rather sparsely inhabited (and very law abiding) so I don’t feel in too
much danger from Covid-19, at least for the time being. I speak to both
sons via Skype or Facebook and we have a big quiz on Zoom every Sunday with
20 or so family members taking part.
Post by Bigbird
I am pretty lucky in that I can still get out and about and meet
clients albeit a somewhat different business model. I now just walk
some of my clients dogs while they self-isolate from, or in a couple of
cases quarantine with, the virus. Keeps me sane, which to be honest is
my bigger concern for many people. No-one I know has come to any
serious harm so far.
I can't quite get into the simulation scene. I prefer bird-watching (in
a very casual way). :)
Like you I can’t really work up much enthusiasm for watching sim racing
online, despite the fact that I have had a lot if fun with sims myself
Post by Bigbird
I hope you are not finding it too tricky. What have you been reading? I
could do with a couple of recommendations.
I’m currently reading the second volume of “Britains War” by Daniel Todman,
don’t know that I would recommend it though - much fascinating political
and social history but very long, prolix and overburdened with facts and
figures. I did very much enjoy Hilary Mantel’s latest: “The Mirror and the
Light”. In stressful times like these I also find it comforting to re-read
old favourites.
Keep well.
2020-04-26 22:57:18 UTC
“Britains War”
Yes, the war that the US had to save your sorry asses.
Thank you for recently finishing paying your monetary
debts to the US for ww1.
US still saving your asses to this day.
Can you guys be anymore fucking useless?
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 01:49:59 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Sir Tim
“Britains War”
Yes, the war that the US had to save your sorry asses.
Thank you for recently finishing paying your monetary
debts to the US for ww1.
US still saving your asses to this day.
Can you guys be anymore fucking useless?
Try the south korean model.
And quit being so fucking useless.
Put the queens money into fighter jets.
Wake up
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 02:26:15 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Sir Tim
“Britains War”
Yes, the war that the US had to save your sorry asses.
Thank you for recently finishing paying your monetary
debts to the US for ww1.
US still saving your asses to this day.
Can you guys be anymore fucking useless?
Try the south korean model.
And quit being so fucking useless.
Put the queens money into fighter jets.
Wake up
The UK is doing their best to fight corona.
Never mind the queens high end 25 residences.
To look after.
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 02:31:43 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Sir Tim
“Britains War”
Yes, the war that the US had to save your sorry asses.
Thank you for recently finishing paying your monetary
debts to the US for ww1.
US still saving your asses to this day.
Can you guys be anymore fucking useless?
Try the south korean model.
And quit being so fucking useless.
Put the queens money into fighter jets.
Wake up
The UK is doing their best to fight corona.
Never mind the queens high end 25 residences.
To look after.
Is there still high end groceries going
to those 25 queen castles in the UK?
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 02:52:17 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Sir Tim
“Britains War”
Yes, the war that the US had to save your sorry asses.
Thank you for recently finishing paying your monetary
debts to the US for ww1.
US still saving your asses to this day.
Can you guys be anymore fucking useless?
Try the south korean model.
And quit being so fucking useless.
Put the queens money into fighter jets.
Wake up
The UK is doing their best to fight corona.
Never mind the queens high end 25 residences.
To look after.
Is there still high end groceries going
to those 25 queen castles in the UK?
There is fighter jet in the UK that needs maintenance.
But the UK taxpayers sent the money to one of
the queens 25 castles for groceries instead
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 03:51:27 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Sir Tim
“Britains War”
Yes, the war that the US had to save your sorry asses.
Thank you for recently finishing paying your monetary
debts to the US for ww1.
US still saving your asses to this day.
Can you guys be anymore fucking useless?
Try the south korean model.
And quit being so fucking useless.
Put the queens money into fighter jets.
Wake up
The UK is doing their best to fight corona.
Never mind the queens high end 25 residences.
To look after.
Is there still high end groceries going
to those 25 queen castles in the UK?
There is fighter jet in the UK that needs maintenance.
But the UK taxpayers sent the money to one of
the queens 25 castles for groceries instead
There is hole in the tarmac at a UK base.
So no military planes can take off.
But a lighter plane took fresh crab and lobster
to one of the queens castles
t***@gmail.com
That plane came back safely.
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 04:48:00 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Sir Tim
[...]
There will be 500 people doing spring
clean up at the queens 25 castles.
So that will be needed employment in the UK
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 04:55:15 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Sir Tim
[...]
Those 25 castles are a big carbon footprint.
Wake up UK.
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 05:03:33 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Sir Tim
[...]
You useless fucks. UK, France, Germany.
Cant contribute fuck all for world peace.
Sit on their cunts till US helps them
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 05:09:01 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Sir Tim
[...]
Those 25 castles in the UK,
just tweeted they will not stop their extravagance
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 05:23:28 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Sir Tim
[...]
UK struggling to keep up with corona virus.
But still sent millions of dollars to queen
for her 25 castles
Alan Baker
2020-04-27 03:04:44 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Sir Tim
“Britains War”
Yes, the war that the US had to save your sorry asses.
Thank you for recently finishing paying your monetary
debts to the US for ww1.
Then it wasn't really an act of charity, but just a job the US got paid
for...
Post by t***@gmail.com
US still saving your asses to this day.
Can you guys be anymore fucking useless?
As useless as you?

Nah. Not possible.
Bigbird
2020-04-27 07:08:41 UTC
I hope you are not finding it too tricky. What have you been
reading? I could do with a couple of recommendations.
I’m currently reading the second volume of “Britains War” by Daniel
Todman, don’t know that I would recommend it though - much
fascinating political and social history but very long, prolix and
overburdened with facts and figures. I did very much enjoy Hilary
Mantel’s latest: “The Mirror and the Light”. In stressful times like
these I also find it comforting to re-read old favourites.
Keep well.
I tend to listen far more than read nowadays so, funnily enough, I find
books that are generally interesting but that I would have found a bit
of a dull read quite a good thing to have on doing other things... as
long as they are well narrated. (I doubt I would want to have read more
than a couple of the Aubrey-Maturin novels but the 21 made a great
companion for weeks.)

I am currently listening to Barbara Tuchman's books revolving around
WW1. Excellently narrated by Nadia May. I wouldn't be surprised if you
have already read them.

I am sure The Zimmerman Telegram would make a good read. The way
Tuchman tells us of current events in 1917 and then fills in the
background keeps what could be a dull chronology interesting. The
meddling Germany was doing in the far east to keep America out of the
war wasn't something I had ever come across or thought about. I see in
it a great many parallels to how Russia manipulates the US now.

I am half way through "The Guns of August". Makes me feel rather
ignorant to know so little of how events unfolded.

I shall continue with this combination of Author and Narraror for
several more book I think.
t***@gmail.com
x2
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 07:48:32 UTC
You think? How did that work for you in ww1 and 2?
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 07:59:56 UTC
several more book I think.
You think? Think about a 1000 lbs of
lobster and crab delivered to the queens
25 houses. You piece of shit.
Crapping on the US. Wake the fuck up dipshit
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 08:04:19 UTC
[...]
Fuck me. Ferrari has a new piston.
You fucking weirdo
t***@gmail.com
Ferrari has a new piston
t***@gmail.com
That is gay. Anyway ferrari has a new piston
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 08:22:11 UTC
And lay off the booze. By the looks of your punctuation
Sir Tim
2020-05-03 14:45:16 UTC
[...]
Yes, when I said I was "reading" Todman's "Britain's War" I am actually
listening to it. Like you I much prefer audiobooks these days. and for
much the same reasons.
Post by Bigbird
I am currently listening to Barbara Tuchman's books revolving around
WW1. Excellently narrated by Nadia May. I wouldn't be surprised if you
have already read them.
No, I haven't but will certainly give them a go.
Post by Bigbird
I am sure The Zimmerman Telegram would make a good read. The way
Tuchman tells us of current events in 1917 and then fills in the
background keeps what could be a dull chronology interesting. The
meddling Germany was doing in the far east to keep America out of the
war wasn't something I had ever come across or thought about. I see in
it a great many parallels to how Russia manipulates the US now.
I am half way through "The Guns of August". Makes me feel rather
ignorant to know so little of how events unfolded.
I shall continue with this combination of Author and Narraror for
several more book I think.
I couldn't find your narrator amongst Tuchman's books on Audible, they
mainly seem to be read by Wanda McCaddon. Or do you have a different
provider?

“Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional”
~misfit~
2020-05-05 00:33:19 UTC
[...]
It's funny how old farts come up with all sorts of reasons to choose audiobooks over written
formats except "I can't read little words anymore" or "my hands shake too much to hold a book". ;)

Good to read that you're still well. (Yeah I get that you're likely reading this from text - though
there are text-to-speech programmes for the deaf that work with usenet).

Out Cider
2020-05-05 02:21:59 UTC
Good to read that you're still well. (Yeah I get that you're likely
reading this from text - though there are text-to-speech programmes
for the deaf that work with usenet).
... for the deaf? ;-)
Allest ist Lava!
~misfit~
2020-05-07 04:03:01 UTC
Post by Out Cider
Post by ~misfit~
Good to read that you're still well. (Yeah I get that you're likely
reading this from text - though there are text-to-speech programmes
for the deaf that work with usenet).
... for the deaf? ;-)
LOL, yeah they're really LOUD!!!!

2020-05-05 04:26:20 UTC
there are text-to-speech programmes for the deaf that work
wtf?
Sir Tim
2020-05-05 16:06:11 UTC
[...]
Well, my optician recently told me that my vision is exceptionally good
(something I already knew) and, as I can still do small scale, precision
model making, and painting, my hands obviously don’t shake too much! No,
the fact is I simply prefer audiobooks, partly because I can listen whilst
out walking, doing the washing up or, indeed, the aforesaid model making.

I’ve never gone along with the idea that the printed book is a sacred
object - much prefer my Kindle for reading most books (not biography
though, or anything with an index).
Post by ~misfit~
Good to read that you're still well.
Thanks. Vice versa.
2020-05-05 16:19:28 UTC
Post by ~misfit~
Good to read that you're still well.
Thanks. Vice versa.
Over the last few years, I've spent a lot more time with my Kindle and Audible. I was a "printed book is sacred" guy for a long time but I've gotten used to the idea of having a whole library in hand on the Kindle. That of course creates a different set of issues with remembering what I've read, bought or just want.

I've really gotten into the Audible thing for listening in the car. The news has all turned to crap so tuning out to a good story on my commute is great. I've found that the narrator makes a huge difference though. My first dive into the format was a couple of X-Files audio plays that were released before the last, last season. Even with the actual actors voicing the parts, I just didn't enjoy it. I haven't really found any multiple voiced stories that keep my attention.

For now, my favorite narrator is Jonathan Keeble. He's does a lot of work for the Games Workshop Black Library and IMHO is great to listen too.

One last cool thing about Kindle and Audible is that the reader and the audio app keep up with each other. Occasionally, they get out of sync but for the most part, I read and night and then the Audible picks right up where I left off when I get in the car.

2020-04-25 03:01:32 UTC
How are you doing Bird, are you okay?
Bigturd is a grumpy bitch.
I dont get it
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-25 03:08:36 UTC
How are you doing Bird, are you okay?
bigturds negativity will lower his resistance to disease
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-25 03:25:25 UTC
How are you doing Bird, are you okay?
Oh fuck. this is your facebook.
you fucking weirdo
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-25 03:30:11 UTC
How are you doing Bird, are you okay?
You are anti facebook?
But this crap? lol
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-25 03:33:48 UTC
How are you doing Bird, are you okay?
he is still unsure of his sexuality
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-25 03:41:39 UTC
How are you doing Bird, are you okay?
he mentioned a sore on his sphincter
from marathon gay sex during corona
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 08:28:38 UTC
How are you doing Bird, are you okay?
Fuck him.
You weirdo.
Ferrari has a new piston
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-27 08:34:42 UTC
How are you doing Bird, are you okay?
That is your gay fuck concern?
Ferrari has new piston.
Get fucking real
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-29 06:00:19 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Sir Tim
How are you doing Bird, are you okay?
That is your gay fuck concern?
Ferrari has new piston.
Get fucking real
500 lbs of fresh crab and lobster did not
get cooked at the queens 25 residences
this weekend. It went into the garbage.
But 500 lbs did get consumed.
Those greedy pigs
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-29 06:06:01 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Sir Tim
How are you doing Bird, are you okay?
That is your gay fuck concern?
Ferrari has new piston.
Get fucking real
500 lbs of fresh crab and lobster did not
get cooked at the queens 25 residences
this weekend. It went into the garbage.
But 500 lbs did get consumed.
Those greedy pigs
Is prince andrew hunkered down with a young chick?
Another brit royalty gem
t***@gmail.com
2020-04-29 06:12:39 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Sir Tim
How are you doing Bird, are you okay?
That is your gay fuck concern?
Ferrari has new piston.
Get fucking real
500 lbs of fresh crab and lobster did not
get cooked at the queens 25 residences
this weekend. It went into the garbage.
But 500 lbs did get consumed.
Those greedy pigs
Is prince andrew hunkered down with a young chick?
Another brit royalty gem
No wonder harry left that shit show,
with the hottest girl on the planet