2019 Canadian GP DOTD
2019-06-09 19:43:26 UTC
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
John
2019-06-09 21:20:39 UTC
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Agree
Alan Baker
2019-06-09 21:57:37 UTC
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Can't argue with that!

;-)
t***@gmail.com
2019-06-09 23:08:42 UTC
Can't argue with that!
You are into arguing?
Heron
2019-06-09 23:50:30 UTC
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
Alan Baker
2019-06-09 23:52:07 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
What is your proof that Hamilton forced Vettel into an error?

And the penalty was a joke.
Heron
2019-06-10 00:05:28 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
What is your proof that Hamilton forced Vettel into an error?
I'll take Lewis' word for it.
Post by Alan Baker
And the penalty was a joke.
No, you are, as always, the joke.
Alan Baker
2019-06-10 00:09:25 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
What is your proof that Hamilton forced Vettel into an error?
I'll take Lewis' word for it.
Because racing drivers are so know for their candor?

LOLOLOLOLOL
Post by Heron
Post by Alan Baker
And the penalty was a joke.
No, you are, as always, the joke.
Basically every except the stewards—including long experienced F1
racers—agree the penalty was a joke.

"Unsafe re-entry" requires CHOICE. Vettel didn't CHOOSE to re-enter the
track unsafely, he wasn't in control of the car.
t***@gmail.com
2019-06-10 00:44:03 UTC
LOLOLOLOLOL
You lose all credibility right there. Mouthpiece
Alan Baker
2019-06-10 01:04:59 UTC
Sorry, but the guy who snips all context loses credibility, twit.
geoff
2019-06-10 02:12:00 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Heron
Post by Alan Baker
And the penalty was a joke.
No, you are, as always, the joke.
Basically every except the stewards—including long experienced F1
racers—agree the penalty was a joke.
Should have just had to cede the place.
Post by Alan Baker
"Unsafe re-entry" requires CHOICE. Vettel didn't CHOOSE to re-enter the
track unsafely, he wasn't in control of the car.
Maybe not, but after making an error he gained an advantage from the
whole she-bang, whereas he should have been disadvantaged by it.

2019-06-10 02:21:51 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Heron
Post by Alan Baker
And the penalty was a joke.
No, you are, as always, the joke.
Basically every except the stewards—including long experienced F1
racers—agree the penalty was a joke.
Should have just had to cede the place.
I could live with that...

...but that's not the way such things have been adjudicated in the past;

...most notably when Hamilton deliberately move to block Riccardio at
the Monaco chicane in 2016.
Bigbird
2019-06-10 09:25:36 UTC
Basically every except the stewards—including long experienced F1
racers—agree the penalty was a joke.
"Unsafe re-entry" requires CHOICE. Vettel didn't CHOOSE to re-enter
the track unsafely, he wasn't in control of the car.
Clearly the stewards, rightly or wrongly, reached the conclusion Vettel
could have controlled the car better had he chosen.
They have more experience and data than the rest of us, so regardless
of appearances, their decision must be respected.

So technically they were likely correct in their assessment even
though, IMO, wrong to give a penalty; make of that what you will.
--
Trump fact check:
The grand total as of Sunday: 4,913 false claims
That’s the 75th-worst week of his presidency out of 116 weeks so far.
Alan Baker
2019-06-11 07:36:35 UTC
Basically every except the stewards—including long experienced F1
racers—agree the penalty was a joke.
"Unsafe re-entry" requires CHOICE. Vettel didn't CHOOSE to re-enter
the track unsafely, he wasn't in control of the car.
Clearly the stewards, rightly or wrongly, reached the conclusion Vettel
could have controlled the car better had he chosen.
I'll see what one of them has to say in a few days.
Post by Bigbird
They have more experience and data than the rest of us, so regardless
of appearances, their decision must be respected.
By the teams? Naturally.

By us? Get real.
Post by Bigbird
So technically they were likely correct in their assessment even
though, IMO, wrong to give a penalty; make of that what you will.
Not even close, the way the rule is written implies the driver has a
choice as to when he rejoins and how. Vettel had neither.
Bigbird
2019-06-11 07:58:59 UTC
Basically every except the stewards—including long experienced F1
racers—agree the penalty was a joke.
"Unsafe re-entry" requires CHOICE. Vettel didn't CHOOSE to
re-enter the track unsafely, he wasn't in control of the car.
Clearly the stewards, rightly or wrongly, reached the conclusion
Vettel could have controlled the car better had he chosen.
I'll see what one of them has to say in a few days.
Considered holding your tongue until you have a clue?
They have more experience and data than the rest of us, so
regardless of appearances, their decision must be respected.
By the teams? Naturally.
By us? Get real.
Well if you are stupid enough to claim to know better what was going on
in Vettel's car than they did then you just confirm yourself to be
clueless.
So technically they were likely correct in their assessment even
though, IMO, wrong to give a penalty; make of that what you will.
Not even close,
Sorry, but you are just being a huge arse.
Post by Alan Baker
the way the rule is written implies the driver has a
choice as to when he rejoins and how. Vettel had neither.
Wrong. Vettel did have a choice of how he rejoined i.e how he handled
the car when he rejoined.

Are you observant enough to isolate the one thing that happened which
led to a safety concern?
Alan Baker
2019-06-11 08:21:35 UTC
Basically every except the stewards—including long experienced F1
racers—agree the penalty was a joke.
"Unsafe re-entry" requires CHOICE. Vettel didn't CHOOSE to
re-enter the track unsafely, he wasn't in control of the car.
Clearly the stewards, rightly or wrongly, reached the conclusion
Vettel could have controlled the car better had he chosen.
I'll see what one of them has to say in a few days.
Considered holding your tongue until you have a clue?
They have more experience and data than the rest of us, so
regardless of appearances, their decision must be respected.
By the teams? Naturally.
By us? Get real.
Well if you are stupid enough to claim to know better what was going on
in Vettel's car than they did then you just confirm yourself to be
clueless.
Until I have actual information, I don't just blindly accept the word
from on high.

And don't pretend you haven't found disagreement with various decisions
by the stewards yourself from time to time.
Post by Alan Baker
the way the rule is written implies the driver has a
choice as to when he rejoins and how. Vettel had neither.
Wrong. Vettel did have a choice of how he rejoined i.e how he handled
the car when he rejoined.
No. You're just wrong.
Post by Bigbird
Are you observant enough to isolate the one thing that happened which
led to a safety concern?
Pretty much the entire trajectory of Vettel's car was fixed after he
lost the rear on turn-in for turn 3.
Bigbird
2019-06-11 09:07:38 UTC
[...]
There is a vast difference between accepting and forcefully asserting
that you know better without access to the decisive evidence.
Alan Baker
2019-06-10 00:18:37 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
What is your proof that Hamilton forced Vettel into an error?
I'll take Lewis' word for it.
Post by Alan Baker
And the penalty was a joke.
No, you are, as always, the joke.
Who wrote this:

'I think the function of the stewards is to penalize flagrantly unsafe
moves not honest mistakes as result of hard racing. What happened at
Canadian Grand Prix is not acceptable at this level of our great sport.'

Or this:

'For me, it's a racing incident. You can’t just stop the car and stay
off the circuit.'

Or this:

'So close. Closed it well by Vettel, to me that’s racing. No penalty.
End of message.'

Or this:

'my observation on Vettel rejoining: his helmet moved to look into
mirror only after steering correction! that he slid that far is laws of
physics. No space for Lewis is name of game with street tracks. What
happened to 'let them race' ? Was it sketchy? yes! a penalty? not in my
view'

I'll give you a couple of hints:

All of them are F1 drivers.

Two of them are world champions.

Oh, and BTW, in 2016 at the Monaco Grand Prix, after Hamilton had gone
off track, got it back on, and consequently had lost drive off the
chicane, he DELIBERATELY drove towards the wall to prevent Riccardio
from passing.

No penalty.
Alan Baker
2019-06-10 01:10:30 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
What is your proof that Hamilton forced Vettel into an error?
I'll take Lewis' word for it.
Post by Alan Baker
And the penalty was a joke.
No, you are, as always, the joke.
[...]
'Very very http://embarrassing.No joy in watching this race ,two
champions driving brilliantly,will end in a false result.'

Make that THREE F1 world champions.

And another F1 driver (who ran at the front even if he didn't win a WDC):

'Any of the stewards ever raced at the front in F1? Didn’t watch the
race.. have now seen the “incident”.
Mental penalty.'

And an F1 driver and three-time LeMans winner:

'Not really sure what VET could have done differently when
rejoining....with the momentum he had he was always going to end up
where he did....tough decision for VET.'

And ANOTHER F1 champion:

'Thanks for all your votes. My personal view is that he could have left
more room, but we lost a great final few laps because of the penalty.
There was enough doubt to let them carry on. Remember Dijon!'

He's a little more measured, but still clearly against the penalty.
Bigbird
Heron
2019-06-10 13:48:10 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
'I forced Vettel into a mistake' - Hamilton
https://racer.com/2019/06/09/i-forced-vettel-into-a-mistake-hamilton/
Philip
2019-06-10 21:50:28 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
Better pick would be the guy who qualified fastest on Saturday and who led
the race throughout, and who (morally) won the race!
Heron
2019-06-10 22:09:18 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
Better pick would be the guy who qualified fastest on Saturday and who led
the race throughout, and who (morally) won the race!
Let's see: Hamilton often times earns: pole, fastest
lap, track record and wins the race but doesn't get
DoD. Vettel again makes yet another rookie mistake,
tries to run Lewis off the track, loses the race,
whines and blames everyone else except himself and
still gets DoD?

As McEnroe would say: You couldn't POSSIBLY be serious.
Heron
2019-06-10 22:27:05 UTC
Post by Heron
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
Better pick would be the guy who qualified fastest on Saturday and who led
the race throughout, and who (morally) won the race!
Let's see: Hamilton often times earns: pole, fastest
lap, track record and wins the race but doesn't get
DoD. Vettel again makes yet another rookie mistake,
tries to run Lewis off the track, loses the race,
whines and blames everyone else except himself and
still gets DoD?
As McEnroe would say: You couldn't POSSIBLY be serious.
When was the most recent time that a driver was both
administered penalty points (he has now 'earned' seven)
as Vettel was in Canada (not to mention unaided finishing
behind where he started), AND gifted with DoD? It just
doesn't get any more ridiculous than that.
Brian Lawrence
2019-06-11 03:02:33 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
Better pick would be the guy who qualified fastest on Saturday and who led
the race throughout, and who (morally) won the race!
No driver 'led the race throughout', Leclerc & Hamilton also led a few
laps after VET's pitstop.
Bigbird
2019-06-11 07:10:50 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
Better pick would be the guy who qualified fastest on Saturday and
who led the race throughout, and who (morally) won the race!
It's moral to win a race after, as the stewards decided, he impeded
another driver forcing him towards a wall? Hmm...
Alan Baker
2019-06-11 07:35:04 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
Better pick would be the guy who qualified fastest on Saturday and
who led the race throughout, and who (morally) won the race!
It's moral to win a race after, as the stewards decided, he impeded
another driver forcing him towards a wall? Hmm...
Physics forced Hamilton towards a wall...

...and the stewards had no problem letting Hamilton very deliberately
drive towards the armco in Monaco to block Riccardio.
geoff
2019-06-11 07:59:28 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
Better pick would be the guy who qualified fastest on Saturday and
who led the race throughout, and who (morally) won the race!
It's moral to win a race after, as the stewards decided, he impeded
another driver forcing him towards a wall? Hmm...
Physics forced Hamilton towards a wall...
...and the stewards had no problem letting Hamilton very deliberately
drive towards the armco in Monaco to block Riccardio.
Yep, that should have had a penalty. Just like VET.

No. Because Hamilton was in complete control of his car by that point.
geoff
2019-06-11 11:09:38 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
Better pick would be the guy who qualified fastest on Saturday and
who led the race throughout, and who (morally) won the race!
It's moral to win a race after, as the stewards decided, he impeded
another driver forcing him towards a wall? Hmm...
Physics forced Hamilton towards a wall...
...and the stewards had no problem letting Hamilton very deliberately
drive towards the armco in Monaco to block Riccardio.
Yep, that should have had a penalty. Just like VET.
geoff
No. Because Hamilton was in complete control of his car by that point.
OK so just a routine defending of position then ?

2019-06-12 15:38:08 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
Better pick would be the guy who qualified fastest on Saturday and
who led the race throughout, and who (morally) won the race!
It's moral to win a race after, as the stewards decided, he impeded
another driver forcing him towards a wall? Hmm...
Physics forced Hamilton towards a wall...
...and the stewards had no problem letting Hamilton very
deliberately drive towards the armco in Monaco to block Riccardio.
Yep, that should have had a penalty. Just like VET.
geoff
No. Because Hamilton was in complete control of his car by that point.
OK so just a routine defending of position then ?
geoff
Wait...

...so you're allowed to drive someone into a wall...

...if you do it in control...

...but if you don't have control, it's a penalty?
geoff
2019-06-12 21:17:21 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Post by build
[...]
If you have had to totally leave the track and maintained your
advantage, yes.

2019-06-12 21:29:00 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Post by build
[...]
Vettel didn't maintain his advantage.

Hamilton was closer to him in time after the off-track excursion.
Bigbird
2019-06-11 08:00:17 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
Better pick would be the guy who qualified fastest on Saturday and
who led the race throughout, and who (morally) won the race!
It's moral to win a race after, as the stewards decided, he impeded
another driver forcing him towards a wall? Hmm...
Physics forced Hamilton towards a wall...
Explain that apparently stupid remark.
Alan Baker
2019-06-11 08:23:00 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
Better pick would be the guy who qualified fastest on Saturday and
who led the race throughout, and who (morally) won the race!
It's moral to win a race after, as the stewards decided, he impeded
another driver forcing him towards a wall? Hmm...
Physics forced Hamilton towards a wall...
Explain that apparently stupid remark.
Vettel's car had an amount of momentum when he got onto the grass that
he couldn't change much at all until he got back onto the asphalt. Even
then, changing it enough took nearly all the track.
Bigbird
2019-06-11 09:09:49 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
Better pick would be the guy who qualified fastest on
Saturday and who led the race throughout, and who (morally)
won the race!
It's moral to win a race after, as the stewards decided, he
impeded another driver forcing him towards a wall? Hmm...
Physics forced Hamilton towards a wall...
Explain that apparently stupid remark.
Vettel's car had an amount of momentum when he got onto the grass
that he couldn't change much at all until he got back onto the
asphalt. Even then, changing it enough took nearly all the track.
Apparently the stewards opinion is that Vettel could have affected that
"physics".
~misfit~
2019-06-11 13:39:42 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
Better pick would be the guy who qualified fastest on Saturday and
who led the race throughout, and who (morally) won the race!
It's moral to win a race after, as the stewards decided, he impeded
another driver forcing him towards a wall? Hmm...
Not to mention all of the bitching - and moving the 1st and 2nd boards in parc firme. When is
'bringing the sport into disrepute' on the table? Now Ferrari are talking of an appeal...

2019-06-11 13:47:10 UTC
Post by Philip
Post by Heron
Post by build
Easy pick today.
Lance Stroll.
Easy pick alright, the guy who forced the pole sitter
and race leader into an error and then won the race.
Better pick would be the guy who qualified fastest on Saturday and
who led the race throughout, and who (morally) won the race!
It's moral to win a race after, as the stewards decided, he impeded
another driver forcing him towards a wall? Hmm...
Not to mention all of the bitching - and moving the 1st and 2nd
boards in parc firme. When is 'bringing the sport into disrepute' on
the table? Now Ferrari are talking of an appeal...
Bluster... PR for the ignorant.