Hamilton on Pole in Belgium
Heron
2020-08-29 14:36:33 UTC
Hamilton on pole in Belgium, sets new track record.
t***@gmail.com
2020-08-29 22:10:23 UTC
Post by Heron
Hamilton on pole in Belgium, sets new track record.
its the car
not him
CS
2020-08-29 22:46:35 UTC
Not just the car. 0.5+ faster on both laps than the other Merc.
LH is in a zone that others can't match. Quite happy to be behind in P1 and P2 but then starts to blitz all in P3 and continues in Qualifying.
Alan Baker
2020-08-30 14:45:39 UTC
Post by CS
Not just the car. 0.5+ faster on both laps than the other Merc.
LH is in a zone that others can't match. Quite happy to be behind in P1 and P2 but then starts to blitz all in P3 and continues in Qualifying.
It's never "just" the car.

XYXPDQ
2020-08-29 22:54:39 UTC
The only even slightly surprising thing from qualifying was how miserable the Ferraris are.
t***@gmail.com
2020-08-30 04:59:34 UTC
yes as miserable as you
XYXPDQ
2020-08-30 09:29:13 UTC
It'd be nice if someone close to you got you into psychotherapy, but I doubt there is such a person.
~misfit~
2020-08-30 05:30:43 UTC
Post by XYXPDQ
The only even slightly surprising thing from qualifying was how miserable the Ferraris are.
I'm not surprised at all. It just makes me wonder exactly how long they got away with their
cheating engine thing. Apparently they're about as fast as other front runners around corners (so
aero and chassis are fine), it's just that the Ferrari PU is way down on power.

Even Honda's SECOND team qualified faster than the Ferrari works team (attn. Edmund). I mean Lafiti
/wasn't/ slowest in qualifying, that honour went to a Ferrari customer with the other three Ferrari
PU customers next on the timing screen. I wonder if Gene Haas can get a refund?

The way I see it if Ferrari were only cheating in 2019 then they could have gone back to a legal
2018 spec PU and with a few tweaks still been top 10 at least.

(Vettel was slower than his qualifying time from the 2018 Spa Grand Prix. 1:43.261 this year and
1:43.035 in 2018. This after after 2 years of aero and chassis development?)

That they're down in 13th and 14th on the first real power track of 2020 to me points to
season-on-season cheating, all nicely kept quiet by the FIA. There's something rotten in Marinello
that smells like putrefying horse.
--
Shaun.

in the DSM"