Racing Point Force India
2018-08-24 15:31:12 UTC
Seems that the new entity will not be able to retain rights and prize money
accrued by Force India because to do so required approval from all the
other teams and three of them (Williams, McLaren and Renault) would not
agree, despite pressure from Chase Carey. Okay, but in that event surely
the engine and gearbox allocations should be reset for the new team.
Apparently, however, the FIA is insisting that the old FI allocations must
stand. Doesn’t seem fair.
2018-08-24 16:03:09 UTC
Seems that the new entity will not be able to retain rights and prize money
accrued by Force India because to do so required approval from all the
other teams and three of them (Williams, McLaren and Renault) would not
agree, despite pressure from Chase Carey. Okay, but in that event surely
the engine and gearbox allocations should be reset for the new team.
Apparently, however, the FIA is insisting that the old FI allocations must
stand. Doesn’t seem fair.
If the engine usage was reset, the drivers would lose all of their
current points. Not that it will worry Ocon too much as it appears he's
next to get the boot to allow Shrek to move teams in a couple of weeks.

Team Shrek are racing with cars they did not make, it appears some teams
(Williams) are not happy with that.
Sir Tim
2018-08-24 17:55:59 UTC
Seems that the new entity will not be able to retain rights and prize money
accrued by Force India because to do so required approval from all the
other teams and three of them (Williams, McLaren and Renault) would not
agree, despite pressure from Chase Carey. Okay, but in that event surely
the engine and gearbox allocations should be reset for the new team.
Apparently, however, the FIA is insisting that the old FI allocations must
stand. Doesn’t seem fair.
If the engine usage was reset, the drivers would lose all of their
current points. Not that it will worry Ocon too much as it appears he's
next to get the boot to allow Shrek to move teams in a couple of weeks.
Team Shrek are racing with cars they did not make, it appears some teams
(Williams) are not happy with that.
And I suppose they have a point. As I understand it Stroll and his
associates have bought the Force India assets, but not the team itself.
Presumably they fear that Vijay may have left some nasty surprises which
could lead to protracted litigation. Whatever, if FI were to drop out it
would mean 400 guys out of work at Silverstone and the fans two cars short
in the midfield, which makes Williams’ action look a bit mean.

The way things have been settled I presume that monies that would have been
paid to FI will now be distributed amongst the other teams.
2018-08-24 18:02:01 UTC
The way things have been settled I presume that monies that would
have been paid to FI will now be distributed amongst the other
teams.
They will indeed get prize money based on earlier seasons as Sahara
Force India. Constructor's points earned in 2018 so far are forfeit, so
only points from Belgium onward will help determine future prize money.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/138223
'My country, right or wrong,' is a thing that no patriot
would think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like
saying, 'My mother, drunk or sober.' - G. K. Chesterton
a425couple
2018-08-27 22:54:34 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Post by Sir Tim
The way things have been settled I presume that monies that would
have been paid to FI will now be distributed amongst the other
teams.
They will indeed get prize money based on earlier seasons as Sahara
Force India.  Constructor's points earned in 2018 so far are forfeit, so
only points from Belgium onward will help determine future prize money.
http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/138223
Well, at Belgium GP, the new Racing Point Force India team got
off to a good start, and earned 18 points. So they are already
ahead of Williams (stuck on 4!), and closing on Sauber (they
have 19 points) and even have good chance to pass Toro Rosso
(who have 30 points), which would let them finish WCC in 7th.
Catching McLaren (who have 52 points) with only 8 races left
is iffy, but we will see.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Formula_One_World_Championship
build
2018-08-25 01:18:29 UTC
[...]
Not 'mean' at all. Williams *and* the other teams involved have all agreed and signed. They may look 'mean' to you however taking into account the many facets influencing the delay to their decision they are not at all mean, far from it, they have been very generous. It is important to note that Williams stand to lose in this situation, they'll lose a driver that has turned out to be quite good and they'll lose substantial funding and other things.

Also we need to take into account stuff like all the teams doing a Nelson towards F.India summer break problems. There has been a lot of cooperation.

At the end of the day a lot of people came together to ensure F.I's survival, the Garagistes, FIA, FOM, Stroll Snr and others.
Post by Sir Tim
The way things have been settled I presume that monies that would have been
paid to FI will now be distributed amongst the other teams.
No. Racing Point Force India will get the money that Force India earned in previous years. Only this years points money has been forfeited. Vijay Mallya caused that problem not the other teams.

A full explanation of this very complex situation would require someone more didactic (i had looked that word up) than myself but I'll try to persuade someone to pen it.
beers,
2018-08-25 04:13:30 UTC
No. Racing Point Force India will get the money that Force India earned in previous years. Only this years points money has been forfeited.
Delivered along with a track kit, in a canoe.

YFI
t***@gmail.com
2018-08-27 00:29:30 UTC
YFI
You ass fucking moron.
Sir Tim
2018-08-25 06:04:34 UTC
Post by Sir Tim
The way things have been settled I presume that monies that would have been
paid to FI will now be distributed amongst the other teams.
No. Racing Point Force India will get the money that Force India earned
in previous years. Only this years points money has been forfeited.
Vijay Mallya caused that problem not the other teams.
A full explanation of this very complex situation would require someone
more didactic (i had looked that word up) than myself but I'll try to
persuade someone to pen it.
beers,
build
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/force-india-thanks-f1-rivals-for-letting-it-keep-prize-money/3163606/?nrtT
Thanks, that certainly clarifies the situation.
a425couple
2018-08-26 23:30:39 UTC
-----
No. Racing Point Force India will get the money that Force India earned in previous years. Only this years points money has been forfeited. Vijay Mallya caused that problem not the other teams.
A full explanation of this very complex situation would require someone more didactic (i had looked that word up) than myself but I'll try to persuade someone to pen it.
This story has some interesting information on that:

from:
http://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/23099/force-india-to-race-at-belgian-gp-under-new-name-and-ownership

Force India to Race at Belgian GP Under New Name and Ownership
The team now known as Racing Point Force India will start fresh with the
former organization's Constructors' Championship points forfeited.
BY CALEB JACOBSAUGUST 23, 2018
ACCELERATORFORCE INDIAFORMULA 1MOTORSPORTRACING NEWS
GETTY IMAGES
SHARE
CALEB JACOBSView Caleb Jacobs's Articles
twitter.com/calebjacobs0611

The Formula 1 team formerly known as Sahara Force India has taken on a
new guise and will run under its banner at the upcoming Belgian Grand
Prix. As a result, drivers Esteban Ocon and Sergio Perez will retain
their awarded points in the Drivers' Championship while SFI has been
forced to surrender its Constructors' Title progress to start anew as
Racing Point Force India at Spa-Francorchamps.

On Thursday, the FIA approved the submission for two entries under the
Racing Point Force India name. It will be treated as a new team and take
to the grid this weekend with zero points.

Force India was recently redeemed from administration after being bought
by a consortium led by Canadian billionaire Lawrence Stroll, father of
current Williams F1 driver Lance Stroll. The move enabled a financial
revival and the retainment of all 405 Force India employees according to
an early-August report.

GETTY IMAGES
Sergio Perez has played a major part in the recent Force India saga,
initially nudging it into administration in July.

Racing Point’s Team Principal Otmar Szafnauer was pleased to make the
announcement ahead of this weekend's Grand Prix, the first since F1
began its summer break in July.

“The new Racing Point Force India Team is delighted to be able to race
when the championship resumes in Belgium this weekend," Szafnauer said.
“This heralds a new and exciting chapter for us. Just a few weeks ago,
an uncertain future lay ahead, with more than 400 jobs at risk; now the
new team has the backing of a consortium of investors, led by Lawrence
Stroll, who believe in us as a team, in our expertise and in our
potential to achieve success on the track."

“We are grateful to the FIA, the Joint Administrators and Formula One
Management for their support in helping us achieve such a welcome
outcome and ultimately, we trust, for the sport and its many fans,"
Szafnauer concluded.

Jean Todt, president of the FIA, was also content in a Thursday
announcement: “I am very pleased that a strong, positive outcome has
been reached and welcome the midseason entry of Racing Point Force India."

Todt continued, “Creating an environment of financial stability in
Formula 1 is one of the key challenges faced by the sport, however
thanks to the hard work of the FIA, the Joint Administrators, Racing
Point and Formula One Management we have a situation now that safeguards
the future for all of the highly-talented employees, and will maintain
the fair and regulated championship competition for the second half of
the season.”
Willsy
2018-08-28 11:08:06 UTC
Seems that the new entity will not be able to retain rights and prize money
accrued by Force India because to do so required approval from all the
other teams and three of them (Williams, McLaren and Renault) would not
agree, despite pressure from Chase Carey. Okay, but in that event surely
the engine and gearbox allocations should be reset for the new team.
Apparently, however, the FIA is insisting that the old FI allocations must
stand. Doesn’t seem fair.
Agree. They're either an entirely new entity, or they're not.